Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
25 crawler(s) on-line.
 117 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  5 mins ago
 Rob:  45 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  49 mins ago
 VooDoo:  54 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 miggymac:  2 hrs 31 mins ago
 Dragster:  2 hrs 41 mins ago
 Hammer:  3 hrs 44 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  4 hrs 18 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  The Amiga Demoscene Archive is dead - no more!
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
saimo 
The Amiga Demoscene Archive is dead - no more!
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 9:58:30
#1 ]
Elite Member

The Amiga Demoscene Archive is a new victim of hackers

From http://ada.untergrund.net: "It seems the website was hacked so i took it down. At this point, i'm tired of fighting against fake registrations, hacks and other crap so it's undecided if it will ever return.
Many thanks to everyone who visited and supported this site. I could never have imagined this kind of feedback, support and friendly atmosphere when i started the site many years ago.
Keep creating demos and supporting the demoscene!!! z5/A.D.A 2001-2009"

My biggest sympathies and thanks to z5.

Last edited by _Steve_ on 11-Aug-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Last edited by saimo on 11-Jul-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
Troels 
Re: The Amiga Demoscene Archive is dead.
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 10:02:04
#2 ]
Elite Member

@saimo
damn hackers

Tuxedo 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 10:04:51
#3 ]
Elite Member

@saimo

Well...idiots where everywhere....as usual

ikir 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 10:25:11
#4 ]
Elite Member

It's better to use your time to create instead of destroying other people work.

kas1e 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 10:25:37
#5 ]
Elite Member

In general in last year site already die. Almost no posts, the new prods are not added (but they out) and so on. The site was also with the point (well, almost) to the 68k demo scene only. And many ppls on this site not like not mos, not aos4, not aros. And it's of course logical that in end not so many ppls visit it. Some time on forum i start to talk about os4 in last time, but words like "os4 is not amiga, warp3d is not amiga and other crap, just gone me (and others i think) fly away from this site basically). So, in general, the only why someone can miss ADA, it's becouse good database of demos up to present. Imho it's time for making normal amiga demoscene portal for pointing to all the current amiga and amiga like oses. It's only the way bring new blood, new interest and some modern thinks into the amiga demoscene. Giving the ppls today amiga demoscene as 68k asm only with AGA - already boring. Past is past, present is present. 68k hardware anyway die and all the 68k freaks use the WinUAE most of time already (not all, but more and more). For these ppls amiga stop at the 060/AGA, so .. all of this way to the end in head even if someone not want to understand that.

The result about i talk - yep, not so good that good looking database gone. But it's maybe time for someone making the new/good one ? With good design, good layot, good moderate and so on. Without these boring "free" domens and pages which looks like plain-html crap.

At moment the only one up-to-date amigademoscene archive it's Jpv's page (just an archive): http://jpv.wmhost.com/releases/

@all
Not think that it's "someone" specially destroy somethink. It's all in auto-mode 5 years already. auto-scanners are scanning www pages on the bugs, and infect that for making bots, proxies, shells and so on. ADA just was in the list becouse have some bug inside. Not becouse it's amiga site or whatever else someone can think. Just no luck , no good moderate and so on. The same as it was with the aros-exec.org some time ago. The result : if you can't moderate your site good, then bye-bye (sad, but true).

Last edited by kas1e on 11-Jul-2009 at 10:28 AM.

samo79 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 10:36:13
#6 ]
Elite Member

Damn hackers ...

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

DJBase 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 11:31:42
#7 ]

Please, don't let ADA die!

Tomas 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 11:44:05
#8 ]
Elite Member

@saimo
This makes me really sad
I really hope it is brought back up again.

spotUP 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 12:59:08
#9 ]
Elite Member

:(

http://www.asciiarena.com
http://www.uprough.net

saimo 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 13:02:10
#10 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

Quote:
In general in last year site already die. Almost no posts, the new prods are not added (but they out) and so on. The site was also with the point (well, almost) to the 68k demo scene only. And many ppls on this site not like not mos, not aos4, not aros. And it's of course logical that in end not so many ppls visit it. Some time on forum i start to talk about os4 in last time, but words like "os4 is not amiga, warp3d is not amiga and other crap, just gone me (and others i think) fly away from this site basically). So, in general, the only why someone can miss ADA, it's becouse good database of demos up to present. Imho it's time for making normal amiga demoscene portal for pointing to all the current amiga and amiga like oses. It's only the way bring new blood, new interest and some modern thinks into the amiga demoscene. Giving the ppls today amiga demoscene as 68k asm only with AGA - already boring. Past is past, present is present. 68k hardware anyway die and all the 68k freaks use the WinUAE most of time already (not all, but more and more). For these ppls amiga stop at the 060/AGA, so .. all of this way to the end in head even if someone not want to understand that.

It doesn't matter how many people visited it. It doesn't matter how often it was updated. It doesn't matter which platforms were covered most. And so on. The point is that a (nice) site which somebody (z5) invested lots of effort on died because of attacks by idiots. That's an evil act of disrespect toward z5 and a loss of the Amiga community as a whole.

Last edited by saimo on 11-Jul-2009 at 01:02 PM.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 13:34:25
#11 ]
Team Member

@saimo

Exactly. The fact it had the 68K demos of old all in one place was a great help too. Screenshots for the productions helped you see what they were like without having to get them and go though them, and if your Amiga is no longer with you, you could at least run it under emulation in most cases.

ADA was a fantastic resource for classic Amiga demos, and it is sad that far too many people online these days are there just to destroy the work of the sites creators and maintainers. The words I would like to use to describe them are all prohibited unfortunately.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 14:10:58
#12 ]
Elite Member

@saimo

Its a shame, I hope a new and better site can be created, I liked the site, I hope not every thing got lost.

Gebrochen 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 14:17:58
#13 ]

@_Steve_

Prohibited indeed.

I can well imagine the lovely words already, and just like a fine wine though, must be ended swiftly.

@Saimo

Well, the annoying bit is, the hackers free willingly chose a community thats already small, indicating they are most probably a low life ................. entity and can not compete against the real hackers out there.

Last edited by Gebrochen on 11-Jul-2009 at 02:19 PM.

AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com

marko 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 14:27:57
#14 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

Really sad

m4rko.com/AMIGA

kas1e 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 16:48:08
#15 ]
Elite Member

@saimo
as i said before it's not "Attack of idiots". It's just automatic programms which scanned the network for "easy" targets. If ADA was this kind of target , it mean that ADA have "bad" moderator/administator. That all what i want to say. NO ONE specially haked ADA. It just was infect (i see it yesterday) by the classic IFRAME stuff ! It's mean - auto scan. And saing like "becouse of hakkers attack i turn it down", it's in other words "sorry, i tired to works on it". So better to said true in that case and write "sorry, due of luck of time, i am not in interest anymore boring with that site". In this case _any_ site can write in one day "becouse of hakkers attack". Internet full of the automatic programms many years already, and all moders/admin know about it, and live with that, and fixing that.

All what i want to say, these "hakkers attack" mean "i am tired to boring about". Thinking that someone SPECIALLY hack the ADA - it's not reality. It's auto programms for making some money on infections. No need to think that ADA closed becouse of someone hacked somethink. ADA closed becouse admin tired to work on it.

But i agree, site was good looking, and indeed, it's bad that its closed.

Last edited by kas1e on 11-Jul-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Last edited by kas1e on 11-Jul-2009 at 04:51 PM.

broadblues 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 17:16:57
#16 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@kas1e

I think you are most likely right WRT to automated nature of the attack, but wrong in your ineterpration that giving up due to repeated hacking, means you just got bored of the thing, fed up and ground down perhaps, but bored has quite a different meaning, perhaps an english language issue....

z5 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 17:21:18
#17 ]

Just a couple of things:
- please don't give this any more attention than it deserves
- it's undecided if the website will go up or stay down

edit: the rest was edited out because it doesn't matter

Last edited by z5 on 11-Jul-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Last edited by z5 on 11-Jul-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Last edited by z5 on 11-Jul-2009 at 05:21 PM.

kas1e 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 17:34:47
#18 ]
Elite Member

@z5

I think you miss the point which i want to give to ppls. I never said that ADA bad designed and i never said that ADA have bad layot ! I said that ADA was GOOD designed and with GOOD layot not like the other crappy html pages (many other amiga related sites have crappy design, but ADA have not, ADa was an example of GOOD design). And i like the ADA itslef.

I not said that YOU was in auto-mode. Please re-read everythink what i write. I said that HACKERS PROGRAMS in auto-mode ! And hacker's programs every second try to hacked ALL the sites in the internet. No one speciall try to hack ADA. It's the hard reality in which we live. You said that you tired from the hackers attemps and bad registration - any site tired of it. Any admin and moderator tired of it. It's not the reasson close sites. It's reassons to detect the problems and fix it. Or maybe as for help from somethink else to fix that (you ask someone before, or just try => nothink => close the site ?). From the fake regs you can do captches, from the hackers attack you can setup new software on site. It's all fixable, just matter ot time and what more important - reassons, motivation, energy and time.

But, Indeed in last time there was no many topics, not many talks on ADA. And everythink looks like you already tired with boring about this site, and it's must be happenes soon on later. Becouse when you (or not you, anyone) have interest and energy , nothink will stop him. And of course not these auto-mode hacker's attacks.

Not need think that i said somethink bad about your site. I said true: on ADA many ppls not like os4/mos. And it's not becouse it's empty or not empty. It's just becouse of freakenes of some users. But it's all up for they of course.

To make demoscene alive on the os4 and mos, need making stuff for it. But if in every post said that os4 is not amiga, mos is not amiga , and warp3d it's not amiga - no one will watch at the new amigas/hardware and oses. It's the way to die. You and others make the future for, and if said in all the topic that only 68k/aga make it possible, then .. then we all know what then.

In few words: ada good site, i like it. you tired with fixing problems and close the site. nothink more to say.

ps. z5, btw, premade or not premade system make nothink. It's avoid from some _very_ public bugs, but when somebody code itself somethink (for example on php) - i can give guarantie that this code will have bugs which are easy for the "auto-scann-hack-programms". The good think of the premade code, that you can detect how you was hacked and fix that.

But only what make me curios: you will give up only becouse some problems and get to trash work of about ~10 years ?

Last edited by kas1e on 11-Jul-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Last edited by kas1e on 11-Jul-2009 at 05:49 PM.

z5 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 18:12:28
#19 ]

@kas1e

edit: edited out because it doesn't matter

Last edited by z5 on 11-Jul-2009 at 07:22 PM.

kas1e 
Posted on 11-Jul-2009 18:18:25
#20 ]
Elite Member

@z5

I think it's talks about nothink. I have many thinks what i can said about , in opposite, but as i said everyone enjoy by everythink what they want to enjoy. I just said my point of view on. What about the good demo: i am working on diskmag right now and on the porting of uprough's EP to OS4. Starting to make the demo at this point will be a bad idea, but for sure, for future, we will do. The future about i talk, it's just future for the new blood. These groups which make demoscene interesting just stuck on 68k for some reassons (i know the reassons). And making future mean: intersting new ppls in new software and oses.

Last edited by kas1e on 11-Jul-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle