Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 101 guest(s) on-line.
 3 member(s) on-line.

Hypex,  pixie,  matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  1 min ago
 pixie:  4 mins ago
 matthey:  4 mins ago
 amigakit:  11 mins ago
 amigang:  38 mins ago
 fingus:  48 mins ago
 wakido:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 Swisso:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 zErec:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 50 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Novint Technologies Inc. Falcon gamecontroller
Register To Post

PosterThread
Skidos 
Novint Technologies Inc. Falcon gamecontroller
Posted on 7-Feb-2010 16:23:50
#1 ]

This would be could on the X1000 Amiga!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ1Rz2clLS0

"This enables the ability to touch and realistically feel any images on one’s computer screen including texture, weight, motion and viscosity. Adding the sense of “touch” to computing is probably the most significant new development in computing we will see in our lifetimes. The company is gaining recognition and growing rapidly."

Profile     Report this post  
Skidos 
Re: Novint Technologies Inc. Falcon gamecontroller
Posted on 24-Feb-2010 8:35:36
#2 ]

I hope to have some interest here for the Falcon gamecontroller. Novint, the company is in my view in many things related to the beginning of Amiga community. The CEO Tom Anderson runs a forum, Falcon Army, to gain new members and momentum for his great gamecontroller. Therefor he started giving tasks to the members on the board to earn point, medal, hardware, etc.

Not so long ago this forum was a great inspiration on how you guys try to solve the EON/X1000 puzzle. Give it a look and try! Happy puzzling:

http://www.falconarmy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69:fatour&catid=37:fa-about-general&Itemid=67

Skidos

Skidos 
Posted on 8-Mar-2010 23:32:05
#3 ]

If you want a reduction of 20% on your Falcon please enter 'skidos' were it says Please enter a referral code (if applicable):

This way you get a nice reduction for a fantastic product! After 3 buys I get a free falcon using my code! So where are you waiting for!!

https://home.novint.com/store/store.php

colin419 
Posted on 9-Mar-2010 2:39:57
#4 ]

@Skidos

If those games that come with the falcon ( the one's that are made by the company i guess ) are released for the X1000 i will definitely get one.

Skidos 
Posted on 30-Apr-2010 8:44:21
#5 ]

@colin419

I'm not much of a programmer but I know that Novint put scripts out there to modify your Falcon Controller to any game. It's called F-GEN.

The controller is a few years old and has lacking game support but with F-GEN and a strong community helping making the Falcon compatible with any game and/of computer is should become a nice little success story.

Here's some tutorial on the topic: http://www.falconarmy.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=F-Gen

Here's the latest review on the Falcon; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeDqTmGgF8Y

Pretty intense, great product. I like to compare this Falcon with the first A1000 coming out in term of revolutionary high tech!

Tripitaka 
Posted on 30-Apr-2010 13:59:32
#6 ]

@Skidos

A very different product but another I would love to see on the Amiga is this one:

http://gamingmouse.com/weapon.php?pid=97

Fragging good fun.

Skidos 
Posted on 30-Apr-2010 14:16:34
#7 ]

@Tripitaka

Looks cool but no force feedback like the Falcon. I would love to use the Falcon on AmigaOS 4.1 on a X1000. Imagine playing Alien Breed with real recoil! History anf future melt together!

Skidos 
Posted on 4-May-2010 13:49:54
#8 ]

Besides playing games, the Falcon can be used as a musical instrument.
Here's base and slave Falcon at work. This way you can play in a concert with some friend sitting at home. Hmm, who wants that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfqG5_OanLo&feature=player_embedded

Skidos 
Posted on 15-Jun-2010 18:47:51
#9 ]

Novint Releases Universal Drivers for the Award-Winning Novint Falcon

Novint Technologies, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: NVNT) today announced that it has released its universal F-Gen drivers for the award-winning Novint Falcon 3D-touch controller, and will be demonstrating more than a dozen new games utilizing F-Gen at the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). F-Gen is a customizable system that allows users to play any PC game with the Falcon.

With the introduction of the F-Gen drivers, users are able to play any PC game using innovative control schemes, and in many cases users can load custom profiles, containing advanced touch settings for a particular game. Profiles can give advanced 3D force feedback support on par with games where source code access was available, and can be developed by Novint itself, 3rd party developers or publishers, and even by users utilizing a simple scripting language. Profiles also can be written and released quickly, potentially within days of a new game release. At E3, Novint will be demonstrating games such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty 4, Left 4 Dead 2, Aliens Versus Predator, Killing Floor, House Of the Dead III, Dirt 2, Microsoft Flight Sim X, World of Warcraft, and more. Customers use simple installers to access profiles.

Skidos 
Posted on 5-Nov-2016 9:58:24
#10 ]

Last post here was 7 years ago...

I have added also some pc hardware on ebay for sale. I'm not sure if the forcefeedback controller/mouse could work on a amiga computer. If you have skills to do so by reprogramming the Novint Falcon it would be great playing Doom.

I have 5 Falcon's who I love deeply. The company is no more. Facebook bought their patents and I expect to see great stuff coming out of the R&D from FB. VR will be a lot different having forcefeedback during your VR gaming;

I promissed my wife to have more closet space. I'm "forced" to sell!
To me the falcon is vintage design with VR potential.

Best Steve

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle