Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 156 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  29 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 djnick:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  2 hrs 43 mins ago
 kolla:  5 hrs 2 mins ago
 Hammer:  5 hrs 14 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs 54 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  5 hrs 58 mins ago
 pixie:  6 hrs 5 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  BabeAnoid 2.5
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DawnBringer 
BabeAnoid 2.5
Posted on 16-Feb-2004 2:52:32
#1 ]

A small update report:

I've just updated the progress report on the forthcoming update to BabeAnoid and added a fresh screen grab.

To view a list of all that has been added, improved and changed since 2.0 check out:

BabeAnoid 2.5 - Status & Update page

or just cruise by my homepage.

And as always: Feedback, ideas (no matter how crazy) and suggestions are welcome! :)

And, yeah almost forgot...I want to thank everyone who voted for BabeAnoid
at the 2003 Amiga Games Hitparade and selected it 3d best Amiga-game release 2003!
(Not much to choose from, I know..but still nice!)

DawnBringer

Profile     Report this post  
Toaks 
Re: BabeAnoid 2.5
Posted on 16-Feb-2004 7:29:12
#2 ]
Elite Member

@DawnBringer

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! , exellent i am soooooooooo looking forward to this update! , anyway what i want the most is infact RTG support but i know that wont happen right? .

anyway what i would like to see is:

1. RTG
2. Ever played around with windows and pointer settings? , u have a settings for pointer where you drag a long line after you , that would be cool if Babeanoid had :) (on the BAT!)
3. earthquake effects , if you a certain combo blocks will fall down randomly and they can kill you if they hit you (BAT!)
4.rubber bumpers in each side of the walls (activated by a bonus) (ie another negative one) , if you guide your bat too fast into the walls thenit will bounce! .
5. Export and import of highscores! , maybe an internet server who hold the highscores would be AWESOME!

cheers , i hope this helps!

DawnBringer 
Posted on 16-Feb-2004 18:51:35
#3 ]

@Toaks

Ouch! I knew this would come back and bite me in the but! :)

To reply to your suggestions:

1. No, never, no-way..once and for all..it's NOT possible with AMOS (the available RTG/WB/AGA extentions are very limited and could not be applied on BabeAnoid...futhermore BA heavily uses sprites, coppers and other native hardware effects (that can't be directly used with RTG))

2. There now is something like this, in Hysteria-mode a shadow or ghost bat. (i.e the one bat divided/re-positioned)

3. Hmm, could maybe make a good feature...but probably a bit gfx heavy...anyways I'll keep it in mind :)

4. Hehe...you have fantasy :)...Sound fun, but I don't think the pay-off in funniness would justify the work and changes...

5. Shhh! Not my thing or field...

Thanx for the ideas...I love to hear suggestions, even if I turn down most things it still helps me a lot with my creativity and motivation.

DawnBringer

Toaks 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004 7:36:50
#4 ]
Elite Member

@DawnBringer

hmm ok, i have like 100 more of fantasy ideas as thats my job in general (creative designer).

anyway about the hysteria mode, if thats the same as in 2.0 , well thats not what i am thinking about .

imho babeanoid was perfect when the 2.0 came, i played it to death! and completed it like 5 times, only let downs was "no rtg" and "too few levels" .

btw i dont recall seeing a horizontal mode in babeanoid , maybe that would have been cool ? (Krakout on c64!!)

cheers

DawnBringer 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004 20:18:31
#5 ]

@Toaks

Glad to hear you enjoyed BA that much

No the Hysteria mode has changed a bit (esp. the addition of the "ghost bat"), the ball-speed and flash is also a bit diffrent...

Ideas are welcome, but things that will cause big changes to the interface (and take a lot of time to create) lands very far down on the list...unless they are brilliant and unresistable :)

I'm still looking for more things for the "fun-system", i.e. PacMan, BuzzSaw, ScreamingBlock, Electric-spark etc. - Some cute or cool thingy (if it's a thing out of Amiga-gaming history, even better) that can be added "easily".

I'm trying to complete BA2.5 before AmiGBG2004...so I don't have that much time for radical additions...but still, I love to hear ideas

DawnBringer

Crusher 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004 20:35:34
#6 ]

@DawnBringer

No RTG? ok,does it work on ECS then?

DawnBringer 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004 21:45:53
#7 ]

@Crusher

Yes, ECS/AGA works fine...fortunately

(...and it should work ok with WinUAE too, providing you have fast enough system)

DawnBringer

Toaks 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004 22:16:02
#8 ]
Elite Member

@DawnBringer

btw there is no stuff like cards etc in babeanoid

you know thoose lamps you gotta hit to open gates etc., what if your did that in even more special way?..

lets say ...

(remeber i am only thinking out loud)

5 locks is too many , 2 is too feew so as usual 3 is a good number

when the level starts, then you will see 3 cards with random numbers on it, to open the key lock or place where the last "bricks" are, why not make it a brain teaser at the same time ?

lets say u get 7 , 9 , and 4 on theese cards from start and to open the lock you need either 2,4,6,8 or 1,3,5,7,9 , with me so far? ...

hit the cards and it goes 1 Number up , hit them more than once then it will continue to spin or whatever...

also theese should be able to destroy while you play, lets say its an player who doesnt know whats this all about then he have to hit each one like 30 times to remove em, when he do and if the lock will automatically open!

since babeanoid is based on time and fly balls etc, there is several ways this can be done but basically it would be a straight forward system and not an endless level where you almost fall asleep while trying to put the ball into a small rythem etc.

--

suggestions for the actual bonus system is that 1. really hard to get the bonus line! (that should be tweaked some) , out of completing the game like 5-6 times i only got this maybe 7 times (collect all letters by going into the ramp on the right side lane) .

--

anyway i love this game still and my gf loves it too but sadly i cant play it that often due to it takes over the system... and not a wb window game..

anyway i love it and i would love to see 2.5 soon

tokai 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004 22:37:12
#9 ]

@DawnBringer

it looks _very_ good, also the feature list sounds very impressive! To be honest I didn't played the old version yet.. but I'm downloading it now and will try to get it working with UAE here.

regards,
tokai

DawnBringer 
Posted on 18-Feb-2004 0:17:11
#10 ]

@Toaks

Cards: From time to time I've been thinking about a way to incude cards (Aces - since they are the only ones that can be draw with so small gfx)...but never found an idea good enough.

I've also been thinking about more advanced switches and your number-combination-idea is a fun variation of that. I will think more about it.

About the B-O-N-U-S game (Collect the B,O,N,U,S letter-bonuses). I've sure you got it more than 7 times but I'm aware of the "problem". My ambition is that you should get at least 4 or 5 in one game (one is basically given at one of the first levels).

Anyways, I've have now added more blocks to some of the old levels, and with the addition of the new levels there should be plenty more opportunities to find BONUS-letters (I may also, if after final testing think it's needed, increase the chance for a letter-bonus to appear).

Since you played BA five+ times you are probably qualified to comment on a few issues I've been thinking about :

1. Would you like to see some of the old levels replaced with new ones?
2. Is there any level that you think especially Boring/Crappy/In-need-of-a-change?

I have changed and improved most of the old levels a bit. I fear that just replacing a few may seem inconsistant or confusing...but at the same time it would make it more intresting?!

Thanx for your time

DawnBringer

DawnBringer 
Posted on 18-Feb-2004 0:19:24
#11 ]

@tokai

Great, let me know how it works out - or if you need any help!

DawnBringer

emeck 
Posted on 18-Feb-2004 0:56:41
#12 ]
Cult Member

@DawnBringer

It is working here in UAE under Debian. With sound included, although a bit slow.

But it has problems with the mouse, as if using UAE without mousehack.

Anonymous 
Posted on 18-Feb-2004 22:09:32
# ]

Hi Dawnbringer !

Nice to hear you are still alive :)
I hope you still know me, and just want to mention, that I
am realy looking forward to the next release.

When do you think it is going to get into Beta-status?

And one thing to mention. How about a propper level-editor
for Babeanoid or an option in the menu to load custom maps?
(I know there is a way to load third-party maps, but an option
in the menu would be more fun I think).
Or how about adding this option to the menu, when you have played
through all the levels as a bonus, so you can load every map
again or just your most favorites ;)

Ok, have to go to sleep know.

Cu

Deathhand

P.S.: Thanx again for the nice Netris-GFX-set !!

Report this post  
DawnBringer 
Posted on 18-Feb-2004 23:48:10
#14 ]

@Deathhand

Hi, Holger! - I never forget! (ok, sometimes I can confuse things...)
I'm going to compile a beta-version pretty soon, it's esp. the increased speed of the game (and all the possible problems regarding) that needs to be tested, right now.

I only have Internet connection via my PC, so I have to move all files via disc from the Amiga...that's why I don't fix test-version easily But I'll let you know as soon as there is somthing available...if you still wanna help beta-testing?

My current Level-editor handles 85% of the needed tasks...to add the remaining 15% would probably take longer than to finish game...and since the editor changes all the time as BA changes - it would not be possible to write a "public" editor until AFTER 2.5 is released...so let's see then

If someone really want to try out the (2.0) editor and/or get the addtional material & instructions how to create levels and play them...contact me. (Just remember that everything will not be compatible/look-right with 2.5)

Custom playing:
Yes, I too have been thinking about this. I imagined that after the game was completed it would be set to a "FreeWorld"-mode, where you can play navigate freely, play any room and load levels! (like you can now by changing two values in the prefs-file )

The problem is finding a way to incooperate this: It would be to messy adding it to a save file, but perhaps a player (after completing the game) could get a unique code that could be entered from the start-menu? (Arrghh...I just see another 3 weeks of painful coding & testing!)

...but right now I'm off to complete DawnVideoPoker3.5 first...would be great if you liked to beta-test that too a little bit!?

DawnBringer

jahc 
Posted on 19-Feb-2004 1:10:39
#15 ]
Elite Member

@emeck040270
Quote:
It is working here in UAE under Debian. With sound included, although a bit slow.

But it has problems with the mouse, as if using UAE without mousehack.

In UAE, press F12 + G , to make UAE "grab" and use the mouse properly.. press those keys again to return to normal. Also F12 + S to use its own screen, and it will grab the mouse automatically. Press the keys again to return to normal.

emeck 
Posted on 19-Feb-2004 2:10:26
#16 ]
Cult Member

@jahc

Toaks 
Posted on 19-Feb-2004 8:24:43
#17 ]
Elite Member

@DawnBringer

well put it like this , i completed it 5+ times but my gf probably completed it even more

anyway there are some levels which is PLAIN dull (takes like 40 minutes or so to get the perfect ball bounce to reach into the corridors etc.)

but stating WHICH level that is, damn hard atm.

one example is the level where you have a teleport in the TOP right corner , its covered with undetructable bricks and when you reach this teleport (if u do) then the ball will appear indside a brick section on the left middle screen.

the real problem here is , if youre unlucky at this level then it will take ages to complete it (and get that perfect shot again!) , there is some "MOVER's" blocks which makes it all even more annoying, and they are placed BOTH in the left section and in the section where you appear after the teleport , sometimes you reach there fast but get slinged back out the teleport and its nearly impossible to do it again.

know which level i am thinking about?

other than that, seriously there aint many bad ones but most of all i think its very gradient in "hardness" and thats whats so damn good about babeanoid!.

cheers

Toaks 
Posted on 19-Feb-2004 8:27:08
#18 ]
Elite Member

@DawnBringer

i can help beta it if you like, and give my full opinion while playing ,
and hopefully give better descriptions!.

you have my email address allready but if you've lost it then just email me with the email button to talk mroe about it.

cheers

Laser 
Posted on 19-Feb-2004 11:02:29
#19 ]

BabeAnoid is a great game, very much in the "old-skool" style of polishing the graphics and gameplay over and over.

It's great to see it developed some more - last time we spoke you were saying you were giving it all up!

Toaks 
Posted on 19-Feb-2004 11:07:23
#20 ]
Elite Member

@Laser
Quote:
It's great to see it developed some more - last time we spoke you were saying you were giving it all up!

dont get his mind back on that then

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle