Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 162 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  35 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  58 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 jPV:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 36 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 36 mins ago
 djnick:  4 hrs 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Inc. offshoot
      /  A challenging question from CUSA.
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigBentheAussie 
A challenging question from CUSA.
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 18:31:12
#1 ]

I'm not here to make excuses for CUSA. Obviously a great many mistakes have been made in regard to the community, which CUSA has to bear, and I apologise for my part. Surely enough accusations, insults and hostility have been bandied about, such that everything that can possibly be said has been said.... I'm not even saying to stop, but to please just stop for this thread for a moment, and take the opportunity, in this open dialogue, to potentially effect business strategies and maybe even the future of these beloved Commodore and Amiga brands, and maybe even through that, their legacy.

My challenge to you all is for some constructive and positive discussion, removed from the typical negativity and venting of frustration that is clearly present in most Amiga forums, which does no-one any good. I encourage you to take a breath before you post and think about what will be gained by sabotaging this thread. Let's try to understand each other and learn from each other, and maybe even try to agree on something, however small.

We at CUSA are not from another planet. While CUSA is a business, it's definitely not all about the money, and we wouldn't even be doing what we're doing if there wasn't a love for these computers and these brands behind it. Indeed, I have been a member of this and other Amiga forums for nearly a decade and participated in all the newsgroups during the 90s. I've been here applauding the efforts of the various "camps" for as long as I can remember, and I can honestly say that none of us at CUSA bear any ill will to any of them. I know the history, I know the pain, I know the frustration and I know sacrifice. Believe it or not, we actually do want the same things I think most Amigans do, but for one reason or another we can't quite get there for everyone, as much as we want to.

We have our fans and we have our detractors, and we know this will always be the case, because it is impossible to please everyone. But that doesn't mean that the situation cannot be improved, or is beyond improvement, for the benefit of the majority of Amiga fans, that want a bright future for the Amiga(whatever that means to them) rather than its demise. Let's try not to make pot shots at other camps, and think of the potential for some kind of solidarity that advances all of our differing goals. It doesn't need to be all or nothing. Consider any small thing that is possible, any shift in focus, or move that can help the general Amiga cause.

Please, do not resort to ripping these sentences apart looking for some angle or argument.....but look at them in the spirit they are presented, which is one of fostering community, mutual respect and positivity. Let's try to find a way in which we can all celebrate what the Amiga was and meant to us.

Consider that nothing is set in stone and plans can change...that what you see now isn't all that can ever be....that alliances can still be made....and that not all things can be done all at once..... Putting all our perceived differences aside, the past and whatever else irks you for the moment....putting aside all or nothing thinking.....and being at the least flexible and perhaps even open to compromise......I have one simple question....and challenge you all to be positive and constructive rather than negative.

Realistically, what could CUSA possibly do now to improve the "Amiga" situation to your satisfaction?

Profile     Report this post  
Franko 
Re: A challenging question from CUSA.
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 18:48:35
#2 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Simple... negotiate with the developers of the NatAmi in a bid for CUSA to finance R&D , manufacturing etc... and get the NatAmi into production at a reasonable cost...

Then I would be a true believer that CUSA does have something positive to offer Amiga users/ fans/ community...

sundown 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 18:50:37
#3 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

When you guys firs appearded on the map, you claimed to be the next "real" Amiga. Thats was the biggest reason ppl turned aganst CUSA. I think the first thing in these forums is to admit you were wrong, you are just another option. You are not & never will be a "Commodore" replacement in most ppls eyes. Thats a lot of damage control to fix & it won't be easy or quick.

My opinion & I do hope this thread stays clean, takes guts to ask the question.

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 18:51:57
#4 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Please, talk directly with Hyperion, A-Eon and Acube. Collaboration is always good.

tommywright 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:00:50
#5 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Honesty.

CUSA should not front. Tell the community the truth, always, and to the best of your ability and we will respect that. That doesn't mean you have to divulge everything.. but what you do say, be honest. Don't front as a giant company that is going to take over the world... be the small company that wants to take over the world and your enthusiasm will encourage and inspire others.

Also, Barry is harsh in tone when communicating on forums. I think he should refrain from posting anything that might even slightly #### someone else off. I know it's not very fun for him but that's part of being a CEO. He might be the nicest guy in the world but he comes off as an a-hole when he replies to a lot of posts.

Lastly, don't be brazen. Don't be ####y. Don't put others down that have worked hard to achieve something (even small things) in the community. Praise, admire and encourage their love for Amiga.

That's my 2 cent.

Birbo 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:08:29
#6 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

Just invest in NATAMI and in their R&D.

Then make a future plan with the spirit of NATAMI and AROS 68k...

Just ask the NATAMI-Guys, what a future AMIGA could be and they will tell you.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:09:25
#7 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

It sounds like someone has ran out of customers...

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:14:45
#8 ]

@TheDaddy
Please be civil.

tommywright 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:16:48
#9 ]

@TheDaddy

Yeah dude.. that's not cool. He's trying to reach out. Take advantage of it and give them some positive feedback.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:20:10
#10 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Perfectly civil.

This is the impression I have got from what you've written.

I could be wrong though and CUSA might want to do some good.....

Even then I still believe that the only solution for CUSA to redeem themselves is to become insolvent, put everything on a cargo with a big, 1st class stamp on,

Destination: the sun

Take it as constructive criticism (positive feedback)

Last edited by TheDaddy on 08-Dec-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Kicko 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:22:42
#11 ]
Elite Member

As a OS4 user i would ofcourse like to see some new faster and cheaper hardware for my system.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:25:45
#12 ]
Elite Member

@tommywright

>>Yeah dude.. that's not cool. He's trying to reach out. Take advantage of it and give them some positive feedback.

Some people have extremely short memories it seems.

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:30:18
#13 ]

@TheDaddy

Whatever memories you or anyone have...justified or otherwise....would you mind just putting it aside for the remainder of this thread.
Thank you in advance.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:36:20
#14 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Justified memories.

To answer your question:

Realistically, what could CUSA possibly do now to improve the "Amiga" situation to your satisfaction?

Give the Commodore and Amiga names to Hyperion. It makes so much sense. Support AROS, the Natami,...so many good things....

Last edited by TheDaddy on 08-Dec-2011 at 07:36 PM.

utri007 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:39:42
#15 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Could you stop advertising CUSA here and other amiga hobbyist sites? CUSA is normal business wich has nothing to do with Amiga or Commodore. It is just manufacturing retro style case and selling cheap asian hardware with commodore sticker.

djrikki 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:40:08
#16 ]
Elite Member

@bigbenaussie

What AmigaBlitter said.

And when they tell you get stuffed...

Do what Utri007 said.

Last edited by djrikki on 08-Dec-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:43:36
#17 ]
Elite Member

@TheDaddy

No short memories on my part, I'm quite happy to play along with this thread to see what the final outcome is...

I have given what I believe is a perfectly viable and positive idea that I think CUSA could take, now I await an answer from Leo in response to it, to see what his opinion is on my suggestion...

nikosidis 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:47:53
#18 ]
Cult Member

I think it is brave to come to Amigaworld with this kind of post. Respect man. No problem to start all over, even if the road is hard and difficult. I know many (myself) included where thinking that his might be some fake post to gain customers, but after reading the first post and after our history, that would be kind of silly.

At least you talk to the comunity in a forum. That is more than Hyperion done last years.

Let's hope we can do something for the future :)

www.aspireos.com

TheDaddy 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 19:57:43
#19 ]
Elite Member

@nikosidis

>>At least you talk to the comunity in a forum. That is more than Hyperion done last years.

So what? Are you really interested in knowing what Hyperion are up to?
If so there is a website and a forum to join. Have you?

Last edited by TheDaddy on 08-Dec-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 20:02:01
#20 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Friend, I remember you from your first days here in AWN and imo you shouldn't apologize on behalf of Barry. On the contrary, he should restrain himself from posting to fora (even his own) because he is rude (and perhaps lier as well).

As for improving the amiga situation, do you want dreams as answers that need endless budget or more doable things? In any case you have a multiple choice, but no matter what you choose stick with x86.

A) Morphos ppl said already that they are thinking of switching hw platform in the next years. Why not "help" them decide earlier?

B) Natami is not only hw with 68k legacy support (even through fpga) but further pushes the original concept design. Do you want to sell a standalone 68k compatible system and sell it under the A5000 name?

C) If you answer yes on the above, why not further develop the design and make as an expandable PCI card?

Since ACube manufactures embedded systems and Hyperion still supports the ppc idea, I believe that it's a waste of time contacting them.

Look, a x86 (but true x86, not ####ty atoms cpus), with a custom retro case, running MorphOS (or AOS4.x if that's possible), combined with a PCI Natami would be a killer system for the amiga world. Still I don't know/think that profits would justify the total cost.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle