Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 142 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RobertB:  20 mins ago
 Gunnar:  31 mins ago
 OlafS25:  38 mins ago
 pixie:  39 mins ago
 Rob:  53 mins ago
 blmara:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 miggymac:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 30 mins ago
 DWolfman:  4 hrs 39 mins ago
 cncparts:  6 hrs 13 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /   Nibiru, what if ? - Part 3
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nimrod 
Re: Nibiru, what if ? - Part 3
Posted on 7-Dec-2012 23:55:51
#41 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Answer me this, oh worshipper of relativity: who gets to pick what clock slows down when two objects move away from each other?
Ignoring the fact that I do not worship anything or anybody (and specifically not Sitchin) the answer to your question is

nobody

because neither clock slows down when viewed in its own frame of reference.
Many years ago Robert Heinlein wrote about this fact and also covered the "twins paradox" in a novel called "Time for the stars" that used these concepts as a main plot device and gave the most easily understood explanation of this concept. Of course it was not a scientific thesis but it was one of the best "laymans terms" descriptions of time dilation at relativistic speeds.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 8-Dec-2012 0:39:41
#42 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Why is it that gravity is always measured INDIRECTLY?
I would have thought you would notice the similar ways electricty and gravity are measured. The way a voltmeter works is when exposed to an electric field a coil is moved and the distance of movement relates to the strength of the electrical field. The way a gravitimeter works is when the mass is exposed to a gravitational field a spring is moved and the distance of the movement relates to the strength of the gravitational field.

Quote:
http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/12/voyager-1-spots-new-region-at-the-edge-of-the-solar-system/
Surprises are awesome. Science hadn't seen this. Nor had Haramein nor Brandenburg. But then again we don't expect science to have all answers for all time today. We just demand the answers science comes up with are increasingly accurate representations of reality, as demonstrated by evidence.

Quote:
Answer me this, oh worshipper of relativity: who gets to pick what clock slows down when two objects move away from each other?
Lou's right here neither clock slows down when viewed from it's own frame of reference.

Though I'll answer slightly differently. How the clocks react is determined by the universe in which the clocks exist. So it's not really who gets to pick but what got to pick, and that'd be the universe itself.

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Dec-2012 3:00:37
#43 ]
Elite Member

Three decades after its discovery, we can now say there is no exotic cause for the Pioneer anomaly: The puzzling deceleration was produced by the asymmetric radiation of waste heat created onboard the spacecraft.

BrianK 
Posted on 9-Dec-2012 1:58:44
#44 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

We gathered our monies and got you a Christmas Pressie. Skepticism Enjoy!

BrianK 
Posted on 11-Dec-2012 18:05:14
#45 ]
Elite Member

Whoo hoo just 10 days the doomsayers will be proven wrong again. I wonder how many pairs of Nike's they bought for the Alien pick up.

Lou 
Posted on 11-Dec-2012 19:53:40
#46 ]
Elite Member

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19980201240_1998248811.pdf

Intersting Notation #48...

Franko 
Posted on 11-Dec-2012 20:19:08
#47 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
Whoo hoo just 10 days the doomsayers will be proven wrong again. I wonder how many pairs of Nike's they bought for the Alien pick up.

Sorry for interrupting your wee (well not so wee long running thread) but all this Mayan marlarky I think is just a big practical joke that their calendar makers made up one wet Wednesday afternoon when they got bored...

I'll be they thought it would be fun to make a wee calendar up that stopped on the 21st of December 2012 smug in the knowledge it would be found one day and all the doomsday believers of the future would be running about like chicken little when they found it... kinda their version of a well planned April Fools prank...

There's probably some secret little hidy hole in a temple somewhere in the jungle set to be triggered by a single beam of moonlight on December the 21st that will make a little stone tablet pop up from the top of a temple with the words "gothca" (Signed Joe & Bert from the calendar making dept) carved on it (In Myan hieroglyphs of course)...

Mind you if their right and weren't kidding then what does it really matter, it'll save me having to sit through yet another viewing of The Sound Of Music again on christmas day and surely the end of the world is a small price to pay for that mercy...

Nimrod 
Posted on 11-Dec-2012 22:55:17
#48 ]

@Lou

Quote:
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19980201240_1998248811.pdf Intersting Notation #48...
Interestingly Brandenburg was not referenced specifically, item [48] was simply called on page 9 in the statement " and numerous other theories about the coupling between matter, electromagnetism, and spacetime [4, 42, 45-50]."

Among the entries that got specific mention were
[50] "Inertial Reduction and Possible Impulsion by Conditioning Electromagnetic Fields," E.E. Smiths "Lensman" series of books used cancellation of inertia as the method of acheiving FTL spaceflight.
[36] The Physics of Star Trek, Basic Books. Gene Roddenberry is every bit as valid as Brandenburg, but James T Kirk is still only a fictional character played by William Shatner.
[28] Alcubierre, M. (1994) "The Warp Drive: Hyper-fast Travel Within General Relativity," Confirmation of Roddenberry as a scientific genius.
[26] Morris, M. and Thorne, K. (1988) "Wormholes in Spacetime and Their Use for Interstellar Travel: " More confirmation of Roddenberrys absolute dominant genius, DS9 this time, and proof that the Cardassians and Bajorans really do exist.
Interesting that this study made more cross references to being inspired by the work of Roddenberry than that of Brandenburg.

A1200 
Posted on 12-Dec-2012 12:48:15
#49 ]
Elite Member

Some people say what is the evidence for life on other planets. The answer being, Earth!

Hence why aliens are more probable than god.

Lou 
Posted on 13-Dec-2012 14:48:34
#50 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:

Franko wrote:
@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:

Sorry for interrupting your wee (well not so wee long running thread) but all this Mayan marlarky I think is just a big practical joke that their calendar makers made up one wet Wednesday afternoon when they got bored...

I'll be they thought it would be fun to make a wee calendar up that stopped on the 21st of December 2012 smug in the knowledge it would be found one day and all the doomsday believers of the future would be running about like chicken little when they found it... kinda their version of a well planned April Fools prank...

There's probably some secret little hidy hole in a temple somewhere in the jungle set to be triggered by a single beam of moonlight on December the 21st that will make a little stone tablet pop up from the top of a temple with the words "gothca" (Signed Joe & Bert from the calendar making dept) carved on it (In Myan hieroglyphs of course)...

Mind you if their right and weren't kidding then what does it really matter, it'll save me having to sit through yet another viewing of The Sound Of Music again on christmas day and surely the end of the world is a small price to pay for that mercy...

The Mayans never said the world ends, just their calendar... I suppose they would have made a new calendar eventually but their civilization lost its relevance and here we all are now on the Gregorian...

Lou 
Posted on 13-Dec-2012 14:59:14
#51 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19980201240_1998248811.pdf Intersting Notation #48...
Interestingly Brandenburg was not referenced specifically, item [48] was simply called on page 9 in the statement " and numerous other theories about the coupling between matter, electromagnetism, and spacetime [4, 42, 45-50]."

Among the entries that got specific mention were
[50] "Inertial Reduction and Possible Impulsion by Conditioning Electromagnetic Fields," E.E. Smiths "Lensman" series of books used cancellation of inertia as the method of acheiving FTL spaceflight.
[36] The Physics of Star Trek, Basic Books. Gene Roddenberry is every bit as valid as Brandenburg, but James T Kirk is still only a fictional character played by William Shatner.
[28] Alcubierre, M. (1994) "The Warp Drive: Hyper-fast Travel Within General Relativity," Confirmation of Roddenberry as a scientific genius.
[26] Morris, M. and Thorne, K. (1988) "Wormholes in Spacetime and Their Use for Interstellar Travel: " More confirmation of Roddenberrys absolute dominant genius, DS9 this time, and proof that the Cardassians and Bajorans really do exist.
Interesting that this study made more cross references to being inspired by the work of Roddenberry than that of Brandenburg.

The funniest thing about Star Trek is that most of the tech from the original show is demonstratable today... Which of course makes your post look ridiculous.

How is today's cell phone different from their communicators ... and they aren't too far from being tri-corders either since they've shrunk X-ray and infra-red cameras down to be able to be implemented in cell phones. My google-translate app also works well as a universal translator...

Teleportation:
http://www.space.com/17475-quantum-teleportation-distance-record.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light

Tractor beam:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/technology/features/tractor-beam.html

Of course you can choose to live in a closed world and up to your username instead.

...touchscreen LEDs.... /yawn

In fact, if you didn't demonstrate so much senility, you'd notice over the course of these threads that I always post articles showing science "fiction" becoming science FACT.

BrianK 
Posted on 13-Dec-2012 17:48:51
#52 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:

I'm with you. These calendars were created hundreds of years before 2012. My guess is someone was probably in 'jail' and for punishment they made him chisel out to the next 200 years of the calendaring.

Thinking that end of the world and there had to be some sort of alien influence is all malarkey. After all, these guys neither invited the wheel nor predicted the end of their own civilization. For being in the 'know' they seemed to have some fairly important missing info.

Nimrod 
Posted on 13-Dec-2012 19:24:02
#53 ]

@Lou

Quote:
How is today's cell phone different from their communicators ... and they aren't too far from being tri-corders either since they've shrunk X-ray and infra-red cameras down to be able to be implemented in cell phones. My google-translate app also works well as a universal translator...
I have the greatest of respect for the creative thinking of Gene Roddenberry, and you are perfectly correct in your assesment of how well we have copied his ideas and produced real world equivalents for many of the items of TrekTech.
The little detail that you are overlooking is the forty plus years of work done by an entire generation of scientists and engineers who were inspired by the ideas and did the work necessary to turn the fiction into fact. But of course it is easier for you to believe that these people are still living according to the way things were before they made the changes, and all of the advances that hve been made in the last fifty years were made not as a result of 1% inspiration added to 99% perspiration, but because we scavenged it all off a single crashed UFO hidden in area 51

Quote:
In fact, if you didn't demonstrate so much senility, you'd notice over the course of these threads that I always post articles showing science "fiction" becoming science FACT.
No Lou, you post science fiction as fact, and then post all sorts of stupid moronic ad hominems against people who do not mindlessly worship the liars and fools that you have chosen to accept as demi-gods.

BrianK 
Posted on 13-Dec-2012 23:08:45
#54 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I always post articles showing science "fiction" becoming science FACT.
What this means is people have ideas prior to them being proven as true. It does not mean that all ideas are true. Nor does it give any credence to your claim that EM is everything is the fact that all scientists know. Nor does it give any credence to your claim that EM is everything is a fact. What you have is science fiction until you can demonstrate it to be fact. Again we're left asking you to bring the evidence - which is what proves the facts. A mention in a NASA paper when the paper uses nothing whatsoever from the article is hardly compelling.

Lou 
Posted on 14-Dec-2012 16:57:13
#55 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
I have the greatest of respect for the creative thinking of Gene Roddenberry, and you are perfectly correct in your assesment of how well we have copied his ideas and produced real world equivalents for many of the items of TrekTech.
The little detail that you are overlooking is the forty plus years of work done by an entire generation of scientists and engineers who were inspired by the ideas and did the work necessary to turn the fiction into fact. But of course it is easier for you to believe that these people are still living according to the way things were before they made the changes, and all of the advances that hve been made in the last fifty years were made not as a result of 1% inspiration added to 99% perspiration, but because we scavenged it all off a single crashed UFO hidden in area 51

Quote:
No Lou, you post science fiction as fact, and then post all sorts of stupid moronic ad hominems against people who do not mindlessly worship the liars and fools that you have chosen to accept as demi-gods.

The top half and bottom half of your post are contradicting. Facts are I do post articles about prior sci-fi now being sci-fact.

Lou 
Posted on 14-Dec-2012 16:58:46
#56 ]
Elite Member

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121213142319.htm

"Some of these sites have signs that people were using them starting around 300,000 years ago. In fact, they're still being used today," she said. "But the idea that you have such ancient human occupation preserved in some of these places is pretty remarkable."

Oh when was it that Sitchin said humans were created? *shock* *horror* 300,000 years ago.

Amiboy 
Posted on 15-Dec-2012 14:08:00
#57 ]

@Lou

I see nothing in that article that states that they believe modern humans were created or came in to being 300,000 years ago, only that the sites they were investigating had had human occupation at them stating at 300,000 years ago before humans then started to migrate further afield.

I love how you try to grasp at the slimmest straw and take some statements so far out of context that even the worlds most powerful telescope couldn't hope to see the original statement to try and prove something from someone whose credibility is muck and who had no evidence what so ever of his crackpot theories (and no one else has been able to prove right since.......).

You can read can't you?? Or are you single hand-idly trying to prove to the world the stereotype of the illiterate "stupid" American??

Last edited by Amiboy on 15-Dec-2012 at 02:09 PM.

A1200, Power Tower, TF1260 128MB RAM, 68060 Rev 6, OS3.9 BB2, HD-Floppy, Mediator TX+ PCI, Voodoo 3 3000, Soundblaster 4.1, TV Card, Spider USB, 100MBit Ethernet, 16GB CF HD, 52xCDRom.

BrianK 
Posted on 15-Dec-2012 14:25:34
#58 ]
Elite Member

@Amiboy

Quote:

I see nothing in that article that states that they believe modern humans were created or came in to being 300,000 years ago, only that the sites they were investigating had had human occupation at them stating at 300,000 years ago before humans then started to migrate further afield.

Where's the LIKE Button on this site. Reading and comprehension is an important quality of these questions. Excellent job AmiBoy!

BrianK 
Posted on 16-Dec-2012 17:25:02
#59 ]
Elite Member

Higgs double trouble is an interesting read on how this evidence is progressing.

Lou 
Posted on 17-Dec-2012 15:44:47
#60 ]
Elite Member

@Amiboy

Quote:

Amiboy wrote:
@Lou

I love how you try to grasp at the slimmest straw and take some statements so far out of context that even the worlds most powerful telescope couldn't hope to see the original statement to try and prove something from someone whose credibility is muck and who had no evidence what so ever of his crackpot theories (and no one else has been able to prove right since.......).

You can read can't you?? Or are you single hand-idly trying to prove to the world the stereotype of the illiterate "stupid" American??

Sitchin made these statements in the 70s. You have these 'fanboys of only what's accepted' here saying he was crazy. Over time science paints a picture closer to what Sitchin translated from Sumerian texts vs. critics of Sitchin who simply claim he interpretted things differently from them.

There is nothing in 'science' that contradicts his solar system creation story and in fact affirms many parts of it. And I say 'his' loosely as he merely translated the scripts...but did investigate cosmology in the 60's and 70's to come to an understanding of what he was translating. This is something the typical archeologist didn't/doesn't do. The typical archeologist simply throws some scripts into the historical record pile and others into the religion/myth pile.

His 'radical' statements from the 70's are coming into their own today.
As I said from the beginning: he organized all these ancient texts into 1 congruent 'story' that is plausible if you aren't so inately blinded to the fact that life on other planets exists. So even if a few details are off, the big picture is not, IMHO.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle