Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 138 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

NutsAboutAmiga,  AndreasM

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 AndreasM:  1 min ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 mins ago
 kolla:  26 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 kiFla:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 kriz:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 45 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 55 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Kanye West mentions Amiga
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
BillE 
Re: Kanye West mentions Amiga
Posted on 2-Oct-2013 21:26:01
#61 ]

@bison

Not sure what happened with the above post - it just sent a blank message ?

Quote:

bison wrote:
erted here

Same here.

A couple of favourites, for the education of the young.

Heart of the Sunrise (live)
Starship Trooper (also live)

[/quote]
YES - some real music. People that can actually play instruments and are talented unlike the C-Rappers.

I always thought that when the Amiga One was launched they should have used "Going for the One" as its theme

Profile     Report this post  
BillE 
Posted on 2-Oct-2013 21:37:21
#62 ]

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:

and a better link, imo:
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive-rock.asp
Maybe we have enough fans for our own forum. heh.

Count me in. Prog is my favourite genre, even maybe replacing classical these days.

As well as the well known Crimson, YES, ELP, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and may other bands similar, there is a lot of new prog talent about, Mostly Autumn, Touchstone, Oliver Wakeman (yes son of Rick), Von Hertzen Brothers, Tarja, Muse. Why MUSE had Dizzy Rascal supporting when they played live in Manchester was a bit of a mystery though - a very odd choice for such talented musicians to have a rapper beforehand ?

BTW. Future Publishing of sadly missed "Amiga Format" fame now do "Prog Magazine".

jkirk 
Posted on 2-Oct-2013 22:53:41
#63 ]
Elite Member

@BillE

i listen to all forms of music. with the exception to acid /punk rock. the high pitches and yelling bug my ears.

i do not hate any expression of music. only when corporations get involved does the quality of music degrade. this is true about the fake boy bands, disco and the influence is prevalent in rap now. this problem is not limited to just what i listed. a true connoisseur of music would not let preconceived notions such as this interfere with true enjoyment of all music. yes some of it is crap but you must sift through to find the songs that appeal to you.

@thread

if you are a fan of rap, hip hop, etc. you probably already know this. this style of music was initially built on talking over the best parts of another artist's songs. this is a core tenant of this style. if anyone believes that a whole rap song is written by one person they are just fooling themselves. rap is an amalgamation of different styles and different music with a beat tying the samples together with a rap artist who rhythmically spouts a lyrical message usually with a poetic rhyme to each verse. the artistry is weaving all these elements together to form a song that is pleasing to the ear. some artists do this better than others. i will never put down any artist who tries and fails. cocky demeanor is not limited to rap. all musicians suffer from this malady.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

jkirk 
Posted on 2-Oct-2013 23:00:12
#64 ]
Elite Member

@BillE

Quote:
YES - some real music. People that can actually play instruments and are talented unlike the C-Rappers.

can you play this instrument?
DJ jazzy jeff

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

jkirk 
Posted on 5-Oct-2013 23:48:41
#65 ]
Elite Member

@thread

i am depressed now. metallica members are in their 50's.
just watched an episode of colbert that they were on.
i feel so old now.

Last edited by jkirk on 05-Oct-2013 at 11:51 PM.

number6 
Posted on 4-Nov-2013 15:50:11
#66 ]
Elite Member

@tekmage

Quote:
He was discussing the joy that comes when you open your first special product as a kid. The ramble with the Amiga included Turbo Graphics 16, Sega, and Nintendo.

Apparently he was more than just a fan.

Quote:
recounts buying an Amiga with hopes of developing a game.

Source

Yes..slow news day.

Sidewinder 
Posted on 17-Feb-2016 3:50:29
#67 ]

@thread

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I wanted to add something and didn't think it really deserved another thread.

Today a good friend sent me this link of Kanye West's first MTV interview in which he mentions wanting to make games and graphics on his Amiga, and ultimately getting into music and sampling as a 14-year-old kid.

The Amiga specific parts begin at about 0:30 and end around 3:20. Unfortunately the TV crew interrupt him just as he's getting into the story, but he picks it back up after the interruption.

Love him or hate him, the Amiga served as inspiration for all kinds of creativity.

YouTube - Kanye West First MTV Interview (2002)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle