Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 113 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 42 mins ago
 Hammer:  3 hrs 31 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 9 mins ago
 billt:  4 hrs 18 mins ago
 amigang:  4 hrs 28 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  4 hrs 31 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 54 mins ago
 matthey:  5 hrs ago
 kolla:  5 hrs 8 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Decision has been made: returning the Monolith
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
vox 
Re: Decision has been made: returning the Monolith
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 10:07:43
#101 ]
Elite Member

@Fairdinkem

No money is least trouble, I want humans like Acube and MOS team, OK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INNDpalDQiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLTEIqbwh4

Learn, children!

Last edited by vox on 26-Dec-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
Amiga_3k 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 10:23:27
#102 ]
Cult Member

For some reason I feel it would have been smarter to try and settle this all behind the scenes, not throwing all the garbage on the street like what is happening here and now.

Unfortunately I've never met mister Dickinson nor any of the guys from Amigakit. But from what I read about them here or on any of the other Amiga related sites they seem to be reasonable people. So some sort arrangement should have been possible if handled with care and good dialogue and, most important, listening to arguments from both sides.

Asking them to take back a machine that's working according to specification and fully refund is a bit... erm... optimistic from your side.

If you had explained them the situation and tried to work out a scheme where they could put you in contact with an Amiga-user who is on the waiting-list and work out a deal where you sell the machine and Amigakit honor the warranty (which would be a big risk for them as they don't know what you've done with the machine since you received it) I think something like that would have been possible. But shouting and biting like you've done over here won't help matters.

Jupp3 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 10:30:05
#103 ]

@Amiga_3k

Quote:
Amigakit honor the warranty (which would be a big risk for them as they don't know what you've done with the machine since you received it)

Unless he has specifically broken it on purpose (which I doubt), whatever defects there might be should still be under warranty, so I cannot really see the problem here...

But indeed there are 4 sides here.
Funding, manufacturing, selling, and software production. I'd say the issue here is almost fully on software side. Has Amigakit or Trevor ever made any statements, when some of the software issues would be addressed?

I think you are pointing your finger at too many directions here...

Amiga_3k 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 10:33:27
#104 ]
Cult Member

@Jupp3

The risk comes from probable unsafe handling of the internals of the machine. Like not using proper grounding while adding / removing expansion cards which can cause ESD damage.

vox 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 10:48:57
#105 ]
Elite Member

@Amiga_3k

SUrely I ll use SAM.

You guess way to much, and yes, its not Trevors fault but his inablity to accelerate
the AmigaOS side while Linux team is just PERFECT.

I know a lot how AmigaKit dudes work now, and yes I am entitled to full refund and postage excluding Serbian taxes. Failure to meet this will lead to more legal trouble.

Less trouble if its OK with you guys is to exchange X1000 for Nicks SAM 460

Jupp3 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 10:50:19
#106 ]

@sundown

Quote:
The OS4.1 manual says buy at your own risk, the h/w warranty is for repair or replacement. Companies cover themselves legally from guys like you.

Of course local laws will override whatever manufacturers chose to write in the manuals, end user license agreements or whatever.

If f.ex. warranty period was declared lower than normal, the "normal" one applies. Of course it can go beyond that, warranty (againist manufacturer defects) is valid for "as long as the product can be expected to last in normal use". Of course this can vary between countries.

In any case, I doubt his local laws have any protection againist "not receiving software update as fast as assumed."

Better not buy a product before it's at a state you want it to be in.

vox 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 11:11:58
#107 ]
Elite Member

@Jupp3

I have purchased it in UK so UK EU laws apply.
POn me side.

But to skip fighting Babylon on their own ground,
InI just swap with DJ Nick and remember who the badassess are over here, over there ... Human solutions fi humans

And I keep my account, Rasta/Serbian style, Cant fool InI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIosNKu1ETk

djnick 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 11:20:56
#108 ]
Cult Member

@vox @all

Vox and me have made agreement :) He really wants to swap his X1000 with my Sam460ex + video production!!!! :)))))))) WOW! That would be COOL!

Unfortunately today we are going into visiting my old town so finally I will see how Amiga X1000 looks near or after New Year :)

Vox is great guy! :) :) :) We will keep you informed :)

vox 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 11:43:41
#109 ]
Elite Member

@djnick

Nice touch mi bredda fi life!

Teach em the proper ways, you bitch pon X1000 section, InI pon SAM460 section and MOS forums ...

Remember: you have some small differences to do, but Serbian stylee!

AP 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 12:06:03
#110 ]
Cult Member

@vox: Maybe you will regret it, but it´s your decision and I wish you luck and peace!

vox 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 12:18:41
#111 ]
Elite Member

@AP

SAM 460 is about single core PA Semi, a bit more speed and better gfx for creative DJ NIck. I ll stick SSD, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9250 and enjoy OS 4.1, lighter Linux and MorphOS and keep supporting Acube, Loriano, DJ Nick and few good men, and keep Babylonians out?

Money is just paper, work and heart is what couns in.

DJ NIck just saved me from selling, buying, importing, seen ...?

amigadave 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 12:22:45
#112 ]

Has anyone here received a working copy of MorphOS3.4 for the SAM460?

Is there any promised date when it will be finished?

Is there any statement that MorphOS will positively be completed for the SAM460 in 2014? 2015? 2016?

I have read statements from the one or two developers that are working on porting MorphOS3.4 to the SAM460 computer that say it was delayed due to lack of interest by more than a small handful of SAM460 owners and that there was possibly a temporary stop of work on completing such a port of MorphOS3.4 to the SAM460.

Perhaps work on porting MorphOS3.4 to the SAM460 has now started up again, I do not know.

These things should be thought of, before assuming that MorphOS3.4 will be available to run on the SAM460.

Specially by someone who is so easily upset when drivers are not completed when they WANT them, instead of when they are finished and ready. The MorphOS Dev. Team is well known for NOT giving out any dates when this thing, or that thing, is going to be finished for MorphOS (very similar to how Hyperion now acts with NOT giving out release dates for any features of AmigaOS4.x).

Why anyone would think that they are going to be happier with the SAM460, instead of the X1000, makes no sense to me.

Last edited by amigadave on 26-Dec-2013 at 09:41 PM.

AP 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 12:23:16
#113 ]
Cult Member

@vox: If it´s right for you, then go for it.

djnick 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 12:31:11
#114 ]
Cult Member

& I will finally create a video about Amiga X1000 from home :)

I hope 3D drivers will be out at least in next 4 years... Then I will show the World what Amiga can do :)

vox 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 12:38:18
#115 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

NO but there are progress reports way better then Stevens. It will be done in next release I do hope, unlike OS 4.2 and RadeonHD 3d.

What about report on people attacking inna dis thread on religious and other grounds?
Some abuse points well desrved, Babylonians!

And can some core member, not Steven, not AMigaKit, not Trevor, not evil twins do the magic of registration swaps between DJ Nick and I?

Also, does anyone wish OS 4.1 for SAM 440 in exchange for some MOS or OS4 software?

P.S. Any further complains on DJ NIck bounty should be redirected to Rasta Ph D, talk to my right hand, OK? Its done deal!

Last edited by vox on 26-Dec-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Last edited by vox on 26-Dec-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Xmas87 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 13:17:58
#116 ]

@vox

I suspect your attitude will get you ZERO help from anyone associated with AmigaOS registrations. If it were up to me, I would leave you swinging in the wind for as long as possible.

vox 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 13:36:11
#117 ]
Elite Member

@Xmas87

Its not love, its just bussiness. Thanks for support?

eliyahu 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 13:36:59
#118 ]

@vox

let me get this straight, dr. vox. you want to swap a $3000 computer for a $1000 computer. a 1.8GHz PA6T for a 1GHz 460ex. a computer with two PCI slots and tons of PCIe expansion for a computer with one PCI slot and two PCIe slots. a computer that can drive multiple displays (including one with 3D) for one that can't. a computer with four on-board SATA connections for one that has just one. a computer with the best audio subsystem of any NG amiga for one that doesn't.

you and you really don't get it, do you and you? you are swapping one machine which is extremely capable for one that isn't -- and you expect to be happier with this?! i like the SAM, but the X1000 is another world in comparison.

you keep ranting against steven solie for some reason, hate amigakit, threaten to sue trevor, and for what? because the radeonHD cards don't have 3D support yet? so use a radeon 9250 like everyone else. because you want to use the on-board ethernet connection rather than the fully functional ethernet card they included? every single one of your "problems" have solutions. every single one of your problems were known before you purchased the machine.

steven, matthew, and trevor are upstanding, honest, sane people. you, my dear doctor, come across as completely nuts. no offense meant, but, seriously, you come across as insane. this X1000 for a SAM460 swap doesn't make rational sense either, but hey, if it means you'll be happy and you and you will go away for a while, then it's a deal we can all get behind.

-- eliyahu

Spectre660 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 13:38:33
#119 ]
Elite Member

@Xmas87

No need to fan the flames .If this solution works for the two of them then good.
For OS 4.1 transfer they have to delete their current OS4.1 registrations on the Hyperion website and then register the new swapped versions .
They will have to contact A-eon for the A-eon website acess re X1000 and re Radeon HD for the Sam460ex. This may make A-Eon come up with a solution for transers of licences for future events .

vox 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 13:55:34
#120 ]
Elite Member

@Spectre660

Thanks fi solution.

Others: InI think for I.

I have found quick and good solution pon my pocket.

To all mentioned sub humans I have zero RaSpeCT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6-ov8SruM

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle