Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 122 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Seiya:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 40 mins ago
 vox:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 38 mins ago
 mbrantley:  3 hrs 40 mins ago
 pixie:  4 hrs 3 mins ago
 FerruleMedia:  4 hrs 11 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 24 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Software
      /  babylonian twins could be released !
Register To Post

PosterThread
turrican33 
babylonian twins could be released !
Posted on 25-Dec-2013 20:58:01
#1 ]

they finally answered me about the release of the amiga version of babylonian twins !!!!
There is the links :
twitter with the discussion : https://twitter.com/rabahshihab/status/415551584165441536
and the official way to subscribe : http://babyloniantwins.com/amiga.html

If enough amigans show their interest they could publish a collector edition !

Profile     Report this post  
Evillord68 
Re: babylonian twins could be released !
Posted on 25-Dec-2013 21:30:36
#2 ]

@turrican33

Yes, i want a collectors version for my Amiga. I am waiting already a long time.

turrican33 
Posted on 25-Dec-2013 21:47:07
#3 ]

@Evillord68

You know what you have to do. Show the world that the amiga still alive.
Only amigans makes it possible ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNR5vxAR22A

vox 
Posted on 25-Dec-2013 22:18:43
#4 ]
Elite Member

@turrican33

Babylonian twins for I are TW4 makers.

Minuous 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 1:53:06
#5 ]

They expect people to pay $30 for a 20-year old platform game? When you can get eg. Putty Squad which is a dozen times better for free?! It's just gouging the community...

turrican33 
Posted on 26-Dec-2013 18:00:17
#6 ]

@Minuous
Perhaps they will make it available through digital download but perhaps it's still a dream for them to see that the game they did and which have a complex history have a box release, it's like a regenge vs the past.Myself, i'am ok to buy it, they will surely just to see if a box release is possible without loosing money. I'm still like them a little bit nostaligic about to have a boxed version, always better than just a file. And more we will be to suscribe and less the price will be high. In their heads making a boxed collector version is surely a gift because they surely have bigger fishes to catch and more money to do with mobiles versions.I consider this offer like a gift, a new boxed amiga game in 2013 and a good game is just really great. It's my opinion.

Minuous 
Posted on 28-Dec-2013 5:48:23
#7 ]

@turrican33

If they had actually released it at the time, perhaps they could have charged full price for it. However, at this point in time surely a budget release would make more sense, it's hardly the Amiga community's fault that they never bothered to release it at the time.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 28-Dec-2013 5:58:18
#8 ]
Elite Member

@Minuous

First impression the game looks really old and dated, having played bunch of this old jump and run types of games, I do not see any originality in youtube videos.

If they are going to distribute it it might make more sense to release it as a downloadable ADF disk image, or a whdload game.

I think most people using Amiga now have A4000, or A1200 whit HD, MiniMig whit SD card, or the WinUAE, E-UAE setup, so bring this to market on original floppy disk does not make sense at all.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 28-Dec-2013 at 06:24 PM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 28-Dec-2013 10:11:11
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Minuous

I have registered and would buy it because I hope to show that there is a market and opportunities for software companies supporting Amiga (all camps including 68k). I expecially think there are opportunities for 68k games because of the relative big number of users and because UAE almost runs everywhere (including mobile devices). Of course not so much when you want to create a new ego-shooter with lots of effects but it is good enough for many types of games including platform or action games. And we should not discuss what platform is "least dead" but show that we are still alive . And when you need more power there are enough choices.

Rob 
Posted on 28-Dec-2013 10:30:11
#10 ]
Elite Member

@Minuous

Yes a real shame they couldn't releaseat the time due to the political situation.

Overflow 
Posted on 28-Dec-2013 11:08:39
#11 ]

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=39120

I never read this thread before (linked on their webpage), but it was quite entertaining read. Developed like a standard AW.net thread

As for wanting to make some money in a small market; I think its understandable. They might have hopes
for a future in development, both amiga and non amiga. 30 dollars (tho they mentioned in the range of 15-30) might be a bit on the expensive side.
Then again i paid 10 euro for Battle Squadron, which is somewhat short.

The willingess to pay premium, meaning more than you would for a PC game for example, is wether or not the developer(s) are inclined to release more games to the OS4 platform.
I would never pay 10 euros for Battle Squadron without the Amiga background. (dont get me wrong, I think the game is brilliant fun!! Played it for hours yesterday)

Take Fab's 7500 dollar donation run for the release of sources. If there is genuine support towards your prefered OS, then atleast some of us are willing to pay a little extra.

And the way I see it, with the 1000s of dirtcheap indie games available on PC, its not like we are generally breaking the piggie bank on games these days. Many AAA games are even free to play with micro transactions to get the cashflow. Path of Exile is a good example. The micro transactions are just for cosmetic changes, nothing that affects the gamebalance (increased inventory is just a convinience issue).

Not sure where Im going with this

Last edited by Overflow on 28-Dec-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Last edited by Overflow on 28-Dec-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Kicko 
Posted on 28-Dec-2013 12:32:01
#12 ]
Elite Member

Theres emulators for old games. If they want that price it should be atleast reworked with better gfx, more quality sounds etc. I bought the android part of Battle Squadron just for support and it was not that pricey if i remember right.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle