Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 118 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  6 mins ago
 amigakit:  15 mins ago
 vox:  40 mins ago
 zipper:  43 mins ago
 kolla:  50 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 20 mins ago
 Frank:  3 hrs 5 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  An arcade machine ^^
Register To Post

PosterThread
MagicSN 
An arcade machine ^^
Posted on 9-Feb-2014 18:59:43
#1 ]
Hyperion

Hi!

Anyone interested in an Arcade machine? While not related to AmigaOS, I figured
a lot of retro-interested Amigan's on AmigaWorld.net...

Well, anyways, I have this Arcade Machine brandname "Itbox Legion" at my place since many years (it is a great living room accessoire though I did not have the place to have it in the living room since quite a while, it is in the garage). Now the problem: The garage actually does not belong to my flat, but to the flat below. And now the landlord is saying the arcade machine "has to go" or it needs to be put on the garbage as "old metal" :((( Old metal :((((

This machine is some sentimental value for me and I don't want it destroyed. Anyone interested in it?

The problem: The original system worked through the internet, and without "home connection" (the original manufacturer is broke and no longer existing) it does not actually do anything asides from blinking lights and stuff when switched on. Still it looks great in the living room! And actually I think it might be possible to throw out the special software on the PC it uses (Windows based thingy), replace it with a standard Windows install, install Mame on it and have a great Mame platform (it comes with usual Arcade buttons, plus a digital joystick, and a touch screen - no idea if these have standard Windows Drivers, though I suspect so... some years ago I was writing software for the original game system running on this kind of machine).

Originally this is what I had in mind with it, but never came around working on it. I could provide images of the thing if someone is interested.

One thing - it is very HEAVY (full size arcade machine!). It probably would cause some cost to transport it to a "new home".

This is not about money (you'd need to pay the transport of course...). I just don't want the machine destroyed! (And it would be even greater, if someone would take it and work on getting MAME running on it, so it would have a purpose again ^^).

Best regards,
Steffen Haeuser
tirionareonwe AT gmail.com

Profile     Report this post  
Rob 
Re: An arcade machine ^^
Posted on 10-Feb-2014 9:58:56
#2 ]
Elite Member

@MagicSN

Hope you can find a new home for it. I'm unable to take it myself but would be interested to see what it looks like.

Profile     Report this post  

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle