Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 168 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  1 secs ago
 kolla:  12 mins ago
 pixie:  29 mins ago
 BigD:  41 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  1 hr 54 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 jPV:  2 hrs 43 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  2 hrs 49 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Maniac Mansion Amiga version
Register To Post

PosterThread
Skidos 
Maniac Mansion Amiga version
Posted on 30-Sep-2014 13:35:04
#1 ]

Hi guys and girls,

I'm planning to sell my original copy of Maniac Mansion. This is in perfect condition in the box.
So, what could I get from this sell? I have seen prices up to 300 euros on EBay. Is this still the case? Because I can't find any other copies sold out there. Thanks Steve

Profile     Report this post  
Toaks 
Re: Maniac Mansion Amiga version
Posted on 30-Sep-2014 19:01:55
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Skidos

hi, i have heard so many say they have it in perfect condition over the years..

there's many things about this game box, 3 versions (atleast) excists and everyone of them differs from the best release which naturally is the first one.

so here goes, 3d glasses, intact? sealed? , codebook readable? tape complete? works? , floppies been written to? , version number? all collectibles in it? and so on.

i sold a XL Kixx version of this game for 73 euros because of a bid round on ebay (starting bid was 1 euro), it was mint and sealed but i clearly wrote it in the description and everywhere else that this was not the first version etc and i even told the buyer he could cancel his winning bid after he had won it... which he did not though...

Edit:oh and yes, forgot to say, the game is indeed rare but there's so many versions and in general it is the first edition people really want.. which go easily (if complete) for 300+).

Last edited by Toaks on 30-Sep-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Bugala 
Posted on 30-Sep-2014 22:18:37
#3 ]
Cult Member

@Toaks

wow, never knew kixx versions were worth anything. I have kixx xl of Maniac Mansion as well as Zak McKracken, but those covers arent in taht good condition, so i guess they wont be worth nearly that much. But perhaps something still. I wonder which ones worth more, Maniac Mansion or Zak McKracken?

Maniac Mansion obviously more known, buit perhaps for that reasons specifically Zak could be worth more, since its been slightly forgotten game, although real good as well.

Toaks 
Posted on 30-Sep-2014 23:50:49
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Bugala

both are pretty sought after but Maniac Mansion is the one i have noticed the most attention towards.. but who knows... the market turns and there are websites who inflate the "rareness" and value.. i mean, if sites like lemon or Hol mark it as extremely rare then the price goes up etc..

Skidos 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 0:00:11
#5 ]

@Toaks

Thanks for your answer. It's really is in very good condition.
What I always did is buy the game, check out the artwork inside (very gently). Made copies of the game and stored the game as much as I could, with the and the floppy's in a safe place.

I have the box in front of me :

At the back of the box I've found a number, right under, 3588 (don't think it's something)
Floppy's still in plastic (used one's to make copies)
Disk 1 :358102
Disk 2 :358106

Instruction book: 358805

Red filter card: 354019 (notsealed) Can't remember this was packed?

Nuke'M Alarms booklet with code: 358807

Poster G-LF1-POSTER 1987

So, that all I think.

I'm I good enough to have a good price for it? It is the amiga 500, 1000, 2000 version that req 512K. Thx Steve

Found a link for example and I don't have the OrderCard and the Lucas Games book;
http://thefloppydisk.com/games/maniac_mansion_amiga/

Last edited by Skidos on 01-Oct-2014 at 12:04 AM.

newlight 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 0:07:21
#6 ]

@Toaks

When I saw the thread on the AW.net front page I thought "Well this must be another how to get to the end of the game "Maniac Mansion" so I must checkout" but then I entered and see it was about about a bid of Maniac Mansion and Zak Mackracken.

I don't have the original version of neither these games,but I am stuck on breaking the crystal of the lamp of the bottom floor with a sound saved to a tape with a piano or a gramola I don't remember.I must be stuck at this point probably since the age of my Amiga 500 that is now 24 years old.

I hope sometime I could solve this puzzle on my Amiga 500 or maybe my Amiga One when it's done.

Good luck to the buyer even if it is not first version of this great masterpiece.

Amiga 1200 Tower on AmigaKit since years
AMIGA 1300 030/50 Mhz/32 MB WB 3.9 with lots of games&demos
AMIGA ONE XE G3 PPC 800 Mhz/1 GB RAM/RADEON 9250 128 MB/SATA CONTROLLER

Bugala 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 9:54:10
#7 ]
Cult Member

@newlight

My recalling of the game isnt that good anymore, but I might know what you are talking about, and I think I might remember the answer to your problem. Do you want the (possible) solution?

Skidos 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 10:04:47
#8 ]

I took a good foto of the box and all the items inside. How can I upload that picture on this site?
Thanks Steve. I don't get it, using URL.

Toaks 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 10:58:21
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Skidos

i wrote abit about two of the versions i have.. i really need to do a proper comparisment (for all 3 versions i have) one day

have a look here, http://blog.amigaguru.com/#post107

that poster is only in my first version and it was not in later versions for other formats etc.

i have had all games since new and played em although i have safe keeped one in mint condition, the other ones i might get ridd of one day just like i did with the sealed kixx XL one (still got a second "not mint" one as seen in pictures..)

anyways with that poster and the proper color codebook thing..then i'd say you should be able to get quite a nice sum but make sure you get those details in.

Skidos 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 11:09:49
#10 ]

@Toaks

Thanks Toaks for your help. Really appriciate it. I'm putting something together right now on Ebay (Not really good at it). I will post the link as soon as it's up there. If it doesn't get past 150 dollar, I think I will not sell it. Better to keep it for another 25 years! lol Steve

Toaks 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 12:48:29
#11 ]
Elite Member

@Skidos

yes i agree with you on the 150 one indeed.

keep in mind that collectors want proper pictures so use alot of time making them, showing edges, colors and so on.

Skidos 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 13:05:27
#12 ]

I'm stuck with EBAY; can't send it outside of Belgium because Ebay thinks I should buy or sell more in order to get 10 credits points. Urgh!

Here are some foto's I uploaded to a free site today. Drop me a mail if you live outside BE or NL.
Steve.schiets@telenet.be

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/spelcomputers-en-games/games-overige/m853715594-maniac-mansian.html?c=9b26ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618&orderSource=SYI

newlight 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 17:17:26
#13 ]

@Bugala

Yes I want it.

Amiga 1200 Tower on AmigaKit since years
AMIGA 1300 030/50 Mhz/32 MB WB 3.9 with lots of games&demos
AMIGA ONE XE G3 PPC 800 Mhz/1 GB RAM/RADEON 9250 128 MB/SATA CONTROLLER

Bugala 
Posted on 1-Oct-2014 19:04:25
#14 ]
Cult Member

@newlight

Okay, I dont remember it completely (supposing i remember even this part right), but there is that tentacle in one of the rooms who is playing guitar or something like that. He makes such a high pitch voice someway, that you need to record that with something (dont remember with what), then you play that tape on that room with the crystal lamp and it will break, and key drop to the floor.

I dont remember what was the use of that key.

Maniac Mansion had multiple ways to complete the game, and even you dont figure out a way to every room, you can still complete it in one of the ways that doesnt reguire you to get to those rooms.

There might still be rooms there that i have never seen, although i completed it couple of different ways. (I remember reading the painter can paint a door to some room, but never got that done myself, so i wonder where that would lead)

Also remember that not all the solutions are available to all the characters. Its possible you had to choose some music guy to get to play with that tentacle and get it taped, its also possible you had to use Bernard to fix the player or something like that. I think there were different ways to get that crystal lamp to break. Character based ones. I also think there were some misleads there. I think one of them was the thought that by recording piano playing, you could break the crystal lamp. If i correctly remember, it doesnt get broken by playing Piano recording.

I also somewhat recall there were two different players in that room. LP player/gramofone or something like that, and Tape player. That tape player was perhaps somewhat hidden, not hidden actually, but inside a cabinet or something, maybe behind a key even. With that tape recorder you were able to play your own recordings, like that tentacles playing sound.

Hmm.. Actually just came to my mind, it was perhaps so that you first had to give some food and water to that tentacle before you could get past it and play with it, and it might also be that there is perhaps another tentacle there that had that band dream or something. Cant rememebr so well anymore.

I somewhat very very faintly (very good chance i remember wrong) recall that one of the female characters could play violin, and recording that violin playing would break the crystal lamp as well.

Also, one thing that is good to know if you havent figured it out yet, but if two of your characters get into prison, then one of them can escape.

I think it was so, that one of the bricks in the cell was pushable, and when you pushed, the prison door opened. But it only stayed open as long as you kept pushing it, hence other character can keep pushing the brick while other one walks out of the prison.

Skidos 
Posted on 13-Oct-2014 19:45:41
#15 ]

A friend has placed Maniac Mansion on ebay for me! Here's the link:

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/231357729960?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Worldwide shipping starting at 150 euro's. Thx Steve

Skidos 
Posted on 14-Oct-2014 19:56:03
#16 ]

There is even a poll about my MM if it's worth the money!?

http://www.lemonamiga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114170&sid=b1d1878d82e3870e80becb512b825590

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle