Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 131 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

kolla

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  57 secs ago
 matthey:  9 mins ago
 pavlor:  20 mins ago
 Birbo:  20 mins ago
 Hypex:  25 mins ago
 AmigaMac:  37 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 18 mins ago
 michalsc:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 21 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  New Game: SuperTed
Register To Post

PosterThread
hipoonios 
New Game: SuperTed
Posted on 23-Nov-2014 12:20:05
#1 ]

This is just a quick made game i put together in just three weeks

It's a game for classic Amigas. The system requirements are quite high for a game like this. You need at least an 68030, 2MB CHIP 4 MB FAST.

You can read more/download it here: http://www.hipooniosamigasite.org/superted/

Last edited by hipoonios on 23-Nov-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Bugala 
Re: New Game: SuperTed
Posted on 23-Nov-2014 12:57:04
#2 ]
Cult Member

@hipoonios

I cehcekd the Youtube longplay and that one looks pretty good game for a first release.

I am planning to try this with WINUAE and will then comment more detailed what i thought about it.

Hypex 
Posted on 23-Nov-2014 14:15:27
#3 ]
Elite Member

@hipoonios

Yes, what are you doing in Zool's game? Is Spot a friend of Zool? Or does SuperTed somehow know Cool Spot and will rescue him? Must be the Chuppa Chups.

When you said 030 I thought that was because Ted was flying on screen in the screenshot you provided. But no it was only title shot. BTW is Ted also friends with SpongeBob there behind him?

Last edited by Hypex on 24-Nov-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Dandelion 
Posted on 23-Nov-2014 15:31:19
#4 ]

The Long Play looks really very good. Would love to try this - feeling even more excited about getting back into the Amiga scene :) What did you program it in, if you don't mind me asking?

klx300r 
Posted on 23-Nov-2014 15:53:09
#5 ]
Elite Member

@hipoonios

Thanks ! Looks like fun

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Bugala 
Posted on 23-Nov-2014 17:18:37
#6 ]
Cult Member

@Dandelion

He mentions in the website that it was made with backbone, which also explains the heavy reguirements.

If you dont know/remember, then it is a program to make games without programming. You might remember for example Shoot em up construction kit. Similar, but more advanced and much more flexible, as far as i know. Or from todays example, you could take the Gamemaker for PC.

I have never tried Backbone, which is bit of a shame. I would have liked to have tried it at some point, but I dont think there is enough point for me to try it out anymore.

marko 
Posted on 23-Nov-2014 20:42:05
#7 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@hipoonios

Looks fun hehe!!

But I have a small nag (let's call it a bug ), you have the Swedish, Dannish, Norweigan, Finnish and German flags, right? But the colors of the Finnish flag is the other way around, it's white with a blue cross ...

Last edited by marko on 24-Nov-2014 at 12:38 AM.

m4rko.com/AMIGA

ExiE 
Posted on 24-Nov-2014 9:15:00
#8 ]

I checked Youtube longplay video and the game looks pretty good. Only final boss fights looks too simple and straightforward.

hipoonios 
Posted on 24-Nov-2014 18:31:49
#9 ]

Quote:
@marko

But the colors of the Finnish flag is the other way around, it's white with a blue cross ...

Haha, what a stupid mistake!

Anyway, a lot of bugs have been reported, so I'm thinking of making a bug fixed version. Will also correct the Finnish flag at the same time. Thanks for reporting it!

Will also begin with my next game soon. The title of that will be a secret for now

Last edited by hipoonios on 24-Nov-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Last edited by hipoonios on 24-Nov-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Spirantho 
Posted on 24-Nov-2014 19:01:56
#10 ]

@hipoonios

Quote:

hipoonios wrote:
Will also begin with my next game soon. The title of that will be a secret for now

How about "Superted 2: Wrath of Spot"?

(Nice work, by the way! Getting your first game finished and downloadable is always a major achievement to be proud of!)

Hypex 
Posted on 25-Nov-2014 14:23:07
#11 ]
Elite Member

@Spirantho

Why? Did Spot get upset when he was rescued? Gee some spots just complain, once a stain, always a stain.

However I believe the next game is going to be a graphic adventure. As hinted by the title: A secret for now.

Bugala 
Posted on 1-Jan-2015 14:10:31
#12 ]
Cult Member

@hipoonios

As a new years first day I finally decided to make some time to try this out, and what a pleasant surprise it was. I already looked from youtube video that it seemed like a fine game, but it was even slightly better when actually played, although some bad things come out worse as well.

First of all, overall this looks and feeld like a very good freeware release from early middle 90s.

I liked very muhc how the game has both intro screen, and title screen, and they both look and sound very much in a way that makes the feeling for a amiga game fo right.

I also liked the picture introduction to the game which explains the background story and those pictures are of very good quality (for a freeware game of course).

I liked very much how each level seemed to have its own music (I only got to level 3, so didnt get to hear the rest).

There are however some actual complains, and also some suqqestions.

The biggest complaint that i have, is with the difficulty of figuring out what is background and what is not. I realised that pretty much everything that looks like background, is better to be avoided. However, even when i knew this, i still kept forgotting that in heat of a game and sometimes lost energy for practically nothing.

In first game I was actually quite confused of where do i die even, and to this i would have possible suggestion, which is minor one, since the main problem is still the confusion 2with background graphics, for especialluy those chupa chups and lollipops all look friendly background, when in reality they are killing you.

But one thing that would help, is to have some sound telling that you are loosing energy. This way you would at least be reminded in real time that something is actually not a background. You dont really pay that much attention to energy in heat of a game.

I also wasnt quite sure what gave energy and what not. But one thing I felt that had been great, had been if each candy left by shot enemy would have given me a small amount of energy.

I would have also liked the ted to move a bit faster. It is not a big deal, but it would have made it bit more comfortable had the speed of ted been, about double perhaps.

Right now, the difficulty of this game is too high. It is not that the game is really that difficult, but problem is, if you game over, you start from beginning. If there would be possiblity to continue from the last level, then I think the difficulty would be quite excellent, and actaully, with possiblity to continue from last level you got, I think I would have played the game through. Now I ended it after I died at level 3 at very beginning, barely even got to hear the song playing on backgroun at all.

Also about this same problem is that in level 2, there was this place where there were two different roads to go, and if you chose the wrong one, it was instant death. On top of that, there was no way of seeing whcih one is right way. This is completely unacceptable currently, when oyu have to start the game from beginning if you game over. It had been just fine, if there would have been posiblity to continue from last level you got. It had actually been even fun trying to memorise the road had I been able to continue witout being punished back to beginning.

Although someone else was complaining about end of level monsters being too similar, I actually didnt find that so much of a problem. I was just happy that there were boss monsters. It was great thing to get to beat the big boss at ned of each level, even it was bit simple to beat.

Of course it might be that since i got to face only 2 of them, that i didnt mind them being copies of each other. Perhaps after big boss coming in different disguise for the Xth time, i had got bored, but at least in this short play session i didnt mind them being simple and same. To me tt felt as a big plus having them there at all, regardless of their simplicity and similarity.

I also very much liked that when you went to the right edge of screen, the screen started scrolling faster. That was good idea and made to the feel again, although it was mainly useless feature.

I also very much liked that you were able to shoot to different directions. Although the shooting in overall filt bit clumsy, especially since it got stuck on the direction you last moved, for many times i was moving up to same line with enemy and then stopping planning to shoot towards the enemy and then i notice my bullet is actually flying up instead of towards the enemy at right.

I would suggest you would try to change it so that by default it always shoots directly right, but that if you push to some direction at same time as you shoot, then it would shoot to different directions.

But all in all. I very much enjoyed playing your game for that little while. And if I could wish just one change to it, it would be the possibility to continue from the same level as you died. With that one change alone, it would have become both much better, and I would also have probably played the game through, unless of course later levels become insanely difficult.

Mainly all the other changes are quite minor ones, that you can continue playing even without them, even with the background confusion.

You did very good job witht this game, and I am looking forward to try your Smurfs Revenge game too.

Last edited by Bugala on 01-Jan-2015 at 02:10 PM.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle