Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 110 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Rob

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  3 mins ago
 Maijestro:  12 mins ago
 Rudei:  25 mins ago
 OlafS25:  25 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  56 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 clint:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 kiFla:  2 hrs 41 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 54 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Development
      /  Is possible use old SDK in AmigaOS4.1 with some tool make software for old machines?
Register To Post

PosterThread
Vanhapolle 
Is possible use old SDK in AmigaOS4.1 with some tool make software for old machines?
Posted on 28-Nov-2014 18:50:17
#1 ]

Is possible use old SDK in AmigaOS4.1 with some tool make software for old machines? and of course same time new SDK make OS4.1 native stuff?
and i mean system friendly things. or new OS version mess things ways even 68k emulation dont help. i mean some things are recent osses done differently like Reaction GUI. only thing why i think this my Classic Amiga is loud. thing what i think is install HiSoft C++ enviorment... i dont even know if works or not but works at least OS3.9 very fine.

Profile     Report this post  
thomas 
Re: Is possible use old SDK in AmigaOS4.1 with some tool make software for old machines?
Posted on 29-Nov-2014 8:57:02
#2 ]

@Vanhapolle

The OS4 SDK can only make OS4 PPC software.

But you can use the NDK 3.9 and VBCC for example to make 68K software.

Vanhapolle 
Re: Is possible use old SDK in AmigaOS4.1 with some tool make software for old machines?
Posted on 29-Nov-2014 12:40:36
#3 ]

@thomas

I mean this but actually i mean i can even test these 68k things ? exepct of course things which need trackdisk.device,audio.device. btw before i get AOS4.1 i maybe try code one idea for classic amiga. which tells if i unerstanded things correctly.

Hypex 
Posted on 29-Nov-2014 13:26:17
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Vanhapolle

At first I thought you meant supporting OS4.0 on old machines.

The OS4 SDK is set up for OS4 native apps only. I have a "dual" set up with the OS4 SDK and SAS/C for 68K.

The SDK is a free download but I'm not aware of a free 68K SDK or NDK as it was called on OS3.9 in a combo package with compiler. There is the OS3.5 ADCD V2.1 but that is a paid product.

The ADCD has StormC but the IDE used to crash on OS4. IIRC it used GCC as the compiler or one version did, that might have been V4.

You can get an NDK here. You just need a compiler. As stated VBCC should do the trick.
http://os.amigaworld.de/index.php?lang=en&page=12

Vanhapolle 
Posted on 3-Dec-2014 21:33:29
#5 ]

@Hypex

ishave developer cd,and i have hisoft c++ i in theory have all tools but i dont know if i can test 68k code with amigaos4.1 final edition or there is reason why is not bet possible solution if is not. maybe UAE in AOS4.1 final edition if i can transfer data for it to AmigaOS4.1 side,and i can have virtual graphicscard on it...

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 3-Dec-2014 22:38:15
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Vanhapolle

Quote:
Is possible use old SDK in AmigaOS4.1 with some tool make software for old machines?

Yes, but not all development tools works under AmigaOS4.1
AsmOne does not for example, vbcc works.

Quote:
and of course same time new SDK make OS4.1 native stuff?

this will be tricky, some header files have the same name for OS4 SDK and OS3 NDK,
you will need to write a few scripts that reassign the paths and before you run "make all", so the compiler don't find the wrong header file.

Quote:
HiSoft C++

I have no idea if HiSoft C++ works under AmigaOS4.1, you just need to try.

Quote:
I mean this but actually i mean i can even test these 68k things ? exepct of course things which need trackdisk.device,audio.device.

you can simply use a hex editor change the name from trackdisk.device to cw.device, diskimage.device or a1floppy.device, this should work.

Quote:
btw before i get AOS4.1 i maybe try code one idea for classic amiga. which tells if i understanded things correctly.

You can setup classic AmigaOS3.x inside E-UAE, with all your classic development tools, even the tools AmigaOS4.1 don't like, like AsmOne / AMOS etc.

Quote:
i can test 68k code with amigaos4.1 final edition

Yes can run 68k software in AmigaOS4.1, if you wont to check if your software is system friendly.

Quote:
or there is reason why is not bet possible solution

Generally speaking if your going to write system friendly code it wont be problem, but if your going to run the program in a debug there might be problems, for example you can't enable debugger in BlitzBasic2, its not supported.

Quote:
if is not. maybe UAE in AOS4.1 final edition

Yes nothing stops you from doing that, now with JIT enabled UAE, its going to be fast to compile code under EUAE.

Quote:
if i can transfer data for it to AmigaOS4.1 side

You don't need to transfer anything, directories on AmigaOS4.1 side can be virtualized as partitions on EUAE/AmigaOS3.x side.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 03-Dec-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Xenic 
Posted on 5-Dec-2014 1:24:24
#7 ]

@Vanhapolle
I use a stripped down version of the GeekGadgets compiler for 68k (gcc 2.95). It needs OS4 ixemul.library version 51.10 with the "cc1" command disabled (no petunia) in SYS:Prefs/Compatbility prefs. Fewer code changes are required to get programs compiling for OS4.x and 68k than with other compilers like SASC.

broadblues 
Posted on 6-Dec-2014 14:33:08
#8 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Xenic

Interesting, I never got that to work, though I did have 51.9 not 51.10, is there a download link for 51.10 anywhere?

I didn't have cc1 blacklisted either hmmm...

Xenic 
Posted on 7-Dec-2014 0:25:33
#9 ]

@broadblues

The ixemul.library 51.10 is an OS4 library but it works with my 68k GG compiler. I just stumbled on it by accident at:
http://strohmayer.org/sfs/files/ixemul_51.10_bin.tar.bz2

Originally, I just turned Petunia off altogether to get my GG 68k compiler working. However, I eventually isolated the crashes in cc1 and just blacklisted that program. There are numerous 68k versions of ixemul.library available on Aminet and at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/amiga/files/ixemul.library

I've never gotten the newer versions at Sourceforge to work with OS4 but one of the older versions did (I don't remember which one).

EDIT: You could run into some "path" confusion with the OS4 SDK, which is why I run a setup script in one shell window to keep the "path" assignments local to the one shell I'm using to compile for 68k.

Last edited by Xenic on 07-Dec-2014 at 12:29 AM.

wawa 
Posted on 7-Dec-2014 0:42:33
#10 ]
Elite Member

@Xenic
48 , probably 48.0 is the best alternative for ixemul.lib that should still remain coss platform compatible. after that os4, morphos and finally amiga went all their own way. if you need later linux features it might make sense to use versions from amiga.sf to compile for amiga-m68k. paricularly the latest version:
http://amiga.sourceforge.net/?showpackage=ixemul.library

Xenic 
Posted on 7-Dec-2014 0:52:44
#11 ]

@wawa
The only thing I use ixemul.library for is compiling with my GG compiler. I think the 48.0 version worked on my µA1 but the only one that works on my SAM & X1000 is the OS4 native verison 51.10. I'm sticking with what works.

broadblues 
Posted on 7-Dec-2014 3:01:11
#12 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Xenic

As reported in PM, have now got it working on my X1000, 'vforked' processes enter infinite loops on exit on my SAM.

Now to see if I can get something more complex than hello world to compile!

Vanhapolle 
Posted on 11-Dec-2014 0:56:29
#13 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

How this last hing what you talk is done. Meaned something like that i dont always have correct words.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle