Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
29 crawler(s) on-line.
 107 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  12 mins ago
 matthey:  46 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 amigakit:  3 hrs 13 mins ago
 fordprefect:  3 hrs 48 mins ago
 redfox:  3 hrs 48 mins ago
 Karlos:  5 hrs 25 mins ago
 Rob:  5 hrs 26 mins ago
 RobertB:  5 hrs 52 mins ago
 kolla:  5 hrs 57 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Bars&Pipes!
Register To Post

PosterThread
csdecato 
Bars&Pipes!
Posted on 11-Dec-2014 20:18:57
#1 ]

Howdy Folks!

I just joined this group so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum… I was looking for a music related one, but couldn't find one specific to music or midi. A few weeks ago I saw a vid of Lyle running Bars & Pipes on a new (?) Amiga, and I can't stop thinking about it. Years ago I made lots of fun tunes with my A3000 loaded with an AD516, One Stop Music Shop board, B&Ps, Dr T's, Audio Master… the works for making music!! Even though when I started working more professionally, I switched to a Mac running ProTools, I would still fire up my 3000 to do certain things with it until sadly around 2008 it would no longer boot. Since seeing that there are people out there loving the Amiga and B&Ps… and all the work that folks are doing to keep it alive, I have a new goal of trying to get that machine, or something new to run B&Ps!! I plan to pull and reseat all the chips and see what happens lol!

In the meantime I thought I would share a few songs that I wrote with B&P waaay back in the 90s. I did a lot of playing with the ArpG8 & Samplefone Tools!! Most of these were started in B&Ps and then in 2004 ported over and mixed in ProTools.

StarRats 3 This was a song I wrote to be used in a film my great friend (and Amiga guru) Marc Dole was working on in 93? I had sampled the steel drum myself with the A3000 and used the samplefone tool to play it originally, and the other sounds were mostly from a Roland D70 and the lead synth is a Yamaha DX9.

3/4ths Funky is another one using the samplefone to play a edited funky drummer loop and the other instruments were coming from my D70. But in this case, this is the actual mix I made in 95 to a DAT machine, while I played the guitar live… crazy to much reverb! haha

Little Bell started in 94 as an experiment with the ArpG8 Tool. It was ported over to ProTools in 2004 and mixed. I'm actually in the process of remix it again lol!

Meat Mixing Machine This was made for fun in 94 while I was getting into John Hassle's "Dressing for Pleasure" CD. Lots of Samplefone Tool here!! There's the crazy tuned down bell loop that starts the tune and loops throughout, then 2 versions of the drum loop, the guitar loop, the orgasm sample, my friend Todd saying "a meat mixing machine"! haha and last but not least, a sample from the 90s film Grumpy old Men! I loved that Samplefone Tool!! And these samples were played right from my A3000 into PT's!! Thinking about it now, I was actually using MMC in B&P and slaving PT's to it! Awesome!

Dig Greenery This was made for a cooperate branding video in 97? At a time when I was using both the A3000 and a G3 running Cubase VST together. The Vibes/Bali part was made with the ArpG8 Tool. Most of the sounds in this were my D70, Yamaha TX81Z, and a Kork M3R.
Live drums played by my bother Jamie and i play the guitar and whistles at the end… fun!

Well, I hope there is something here that you might like… or at least get a kick out of!

I'm very excited to find that there are so many people still into the Amiga, and that so much work is being done to keep it alive!! Thanks! I'll be poking around looking for tips and will certainly post again if I get my old crusty A3000 booted up again… it's literally in a heap on my kitchen table right now!!

Cheers!

Chris,

Profile     Report this post  
lionstorm 
Re: Bars&Pipes!
Posted on 11-Dec-2014 21:41:35
#2 ]

@csdecato

it sounds good, finally something else than those bom-bom electro-techno brainless tune !

I wish you good luck in reviving your machine

csdecato 
Posted on 12-Dec-2014 1:27:14
#3 ]

@lionstorm

Thanks lionstorm! Glad you like! I've actually been digging up some old stuff and found the very 1st sequence I created with B&P! It's kinda weird, but most of my stuff is! Now I just need to get them uploaded.

As for the 3000, all I've done is pull the old scary battery out of it. It didn't look that bad actually, but I read that they can make a mess if they start to leak acid.

I'll post more at some point... thx again!

csdecato 
Posted on 2-Jan-2015 4:35:39
#4 ]

So I'm a bit disappointed... I've pulled and reseated every chip I could find, carefully replaced that battery... still nothing. no blinks, no red or other color screen... nada!

Any ideas? Years ago I would get 4 or 5 blinks on the power light, and an orange screen?? or red I don't remember... But now nothing... dead as a doornail. Do I send it to the heap? I'm so bummed!! LOL!

Anyone have a working A3000 for sale?

(=

pavlor 
Posted on 2-Jan-2015 15:50:11
#5 ]
Elite Member

@csdecato

Not being able to help you, I will at least remind you this "free for all" forum is not visible on front page - maybe it would be better to start new topic in "Classic Amiga Hardware" sub-forum. Classic hardware gurus are regulars on English Amiga Board (EAB: eab.abime.net), you may also try posting your problém on Amiga.org.

csdecato 
Posted on 2-Jan-2015 20:38:41
#6 ]

@pavlor

will do! thanks! (=

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle