Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 157 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

Musashi5150,  AmigaPapst

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Musashi5150:  2 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  2 mins ago
 RobertB:  7 mins ago
 jPV:  21 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  27 mins ago
 pixie:  36 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 djnick:  3 hrs 31 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 46 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Moobunnies
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
wawa 
Re: Moobunnies
Posted on 9-Feb-2015 18:42:29
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Bugala

Quote:
Just a thought: If you truly believe in absolute freedom of speech, then how about you give me your credit card number and i start speaking of its numbers all around internet.

you obviously cant imagine a living without a credit card. but even though i dont even believe it would enable you to do anything, absolute freedom of speech, as you call it means that i can choose what to speak about and what not, not that i am obliged to speak about anything i dont want to. strange logic on your part, sorry.

Profile     Report this post  
wawa 
Posted on 9-Feb-2015 18:51:52
#22 ]
Elite Member

@phoenixkonsole

okay, i have even googled up your name to look it up and okay, the second page on google (i personally hardly ever look at) brings up a moo link. which will surely fall down the page pretty soon if you dont start another campaign about it. but since you already did, i would like to point out that you are doing exactly what someone apparently wants you to do as consequence of your previous postings to particular subjects also on this very site. you exposed yourself vulnerable to such an action, alas.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 9-Feb-2015 19:13:00
#23 ]

@wawa
? He wan't to have that single thread deleted?
Again:
If the one behind this:

"
Guidelines for usage: Enjoy yourselves. In times when people aren't enjoying themselves, messages and threads may be deleted and IPs may be blocked for abusive behavior, pirate site addresses, confidential information, or generally being an ass. Policy complaints and questions to radiographite@gmail.com.
"

Would do his job, everything would be fine.
And again:
About some posts against me I could even laugh.

Than writing something like "your personals are publicly available" and something in the meaning of I am a easy target... wooottt!!

Wow if this is freedom of speech! You can say your free thoughts here as well.
Or use amiga-news.de which offer anonymous posting but has also a working moderating system.

(the funny thing is I believe one their mods is behind some of this... of course I can't be sure)

Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-Feb-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-Feb-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-Feb-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Bugala 
Posted on 9-Feb-2015 19:35:26
#24 ]
Cult Member

@wawa

What my logic is, is that if there is something that freedom of speech shouldnt cover (ie. my right to tell your credit card numbers to everyone everywhere) then that means there might be more things that freedom of speech shouldnt cover.

I am giving you two more examples which i personally think freedom of speech shouldnt cover.

I dont think I should have right to go in front of someone (for example you) where ever he is going, and keep telling people my opinion, that he is a child molester, and even trying to convince them to believe it.

I also dont think I should have right to tell people my perfect plan on how to kill some exact one (again as example, you) without getting caught, especially to everyone who hates him.

These are quite extreme cases, but if you agree with me that freedom of speech shouldnt cover those things, then we can fairly ask, what else shouldnt it cover?

For example. I was watching this Netflix documentary about 3D printers, and there was this man who had been uploading 3D printing file of a working printable gun. He kept saying it as his freedom of speech right. Personally I dont think that should be covered in freedom of speech, that any 10 year old kid should get access to printable gun based upon freedom of speech.

All in all my point was to question the idea of freedom of speech, since I notice so many people keep defending things, like for example you did for moobunny in general, using it as the argument.

It sounds noble to say that this is freedom of speech and it needs to be defended, but I wanted to open up the thought that perhaps there should be limitations to this right after all, and for that matter also the thought that perhaps this phoenixconsole moobunny thing was one example where freedom of speech shouldnt cover.

And actually legally speaking there is slandering accusation, so we can see that there are limits to freedom of speech even now.

Last edited by Bugala on 09-Feb-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Last edited by Bugala on 09-Feb-2015 at 07:37 PM.

A1200 
Posted on 9-Feb-2015 20:09:46
#25 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

Quote:
Nice speech...but when some use a forum & uses other ppls nicks to preach their hate with the sole intent to hurt others, its slander.

Its only slander when its not true! just kidding, just trying to lighten the mood. Say what you like about me, I can only hope when you are doing it, some other poor sod is being left alone.

sundown 
Posted on 9-Feb-2015 20:51:59
#26 ]
Elite Member

@A1200

Quote:
Its only slander when its not true! just kidding, just trying to lighten the mood. Say what you like about me, I can only hope when you are doing it, some other poor sod is being left alone.

Most of what ppl post on moo isn't true & I don't recall calling out your name...

A1200 
Posted on 9-Feb-2015 20:53:15
#27 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

Don't mind me, I am just here for the lols mate. Obviously added too much confusion to the thread so I will go back in my box :)

utri007 
Posted on 9-Feb-2015 21:12:41
#28 ]

People usually forget that there is responsibility of freedom of speech. In real life it will materialice very soon if someone start to talk something like many people do in internet.

I would say that there is no freedom of speech in internet, there is a anrchy of speech in internet.

fishy_fis 
Posted on 10-Feb-2015 17:45:51
#29 ]
Elite Member

Finally had a look at Moobunny after all these years, and my God......

Really is a home for the mentally and socially challenged.
Seems "they" think that they're being clever or hurtful or whatever, whereas the truth is they're just demonstrating to the world what a waste of space they are.

Little bit sad that this person thinks they're anonymous, yet anyone who's used an amiga forum site in the last few years (sans last few months where this clown has vanished from mainstream forums) can tell all to clearly who it is.

Behaviour, and even choice of words gives it away, as does the people they begrudge. To be honest Im surprised I've not been attacked there (perhaps I have, I don't bother with the site).

If anyone wants to know who this is, feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to give those details away. That waste of space deserves any consequences coming their way.

@Phoenixkonsole

Easier said than done Im sure, but that poor excuse for a human isn't worth even thinking about. I suspect most people who read the site do so for the same sort of reasons people find car accidents interesting,...... morbid curiousity.
Anyone worth their weight in salt knows all too well they sort of nonsense that happens at moobunny.
In a weird, roundabout way, they've actually helped you out. By trying to belittle and/or dismiss you they've actually humanised you. Being on the pointy end of such vulgar suggestions just makes people hate him more, and perhaps sympathize with you a little.

Last edited by fishy_fis on 10-Feb-2015 at 05:55 PM.

eliyahu 
Posted on 10-Feb-2015 17:49:44
#30 ]

@fishy_fis

Quote:
Really is a home for the mentally and socially challenged.
Seems "they" think that they're being clever or hurtful or whatever, whereas the truth is they're just demonstrating to the world what a waste of space they are.

my sentiments exactly. you can add that hideous site's pathetic defenders to your characterization as well.

-- eliyahu

Last edited by eliyahu on 10-Feb-2015 at 05:50 PM.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 10-Feb-2015 18:14:39
#31 ]

@fishy_fis
Thanks I agree with you : )
Meanwhile the hosting company contacted me after sending a automated response first.

I am not liking to crush moobunny totally (there are really "fans" of it).. i still hope there is someone responsible for this (deletion of 2 small threads).

I just don't wan't those thing in the same sentence as my name.
That is all. And yes I even could spit if i read things about other persons and their wife... well this again is a argument to crush it totally.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 11-Feb-2015 6:27:59
#32 ]

Problem Solved..

Some rules in Case the guy who posted those things:
1. You are allowed to make jokes as "my application for a job at amigakit"
2. You can call me whatever you like to do except it brakes law (or includes lies which put me in a criminal context) - "gay" "idiot" "spammer" and whatever is ok -> call me a party pooper
3. Jokes about genocides are bad hmmkay

Just the basics

Thank you to the admin and maybe, to give moobunny a more democratic way of things, could you add a report button? Or a automatic vote for deletion system. It will make your life more comfortable. I would donate for this...

People call it a experiment... Sometimes you must change the definitions to make a formula working.

Rob 
Posted on 11-Feb-2015 8:20:21
#33 ]
Elite Member

@phoenixkonsole

Looks like the compulsive behaviour continues there.

A1200 
Posted on 11-Feb-2015 18:21:16
#34 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

There are some really nasty peices of work on there. I would go as far as to say they are actually danerous to society. Just because you can say on a open / anything goes forum as moobunny is that you want to do things to dead people and lie about people's STD's etc. doesn't mean you have to and in so much detail.

Worse still, no one likes each other on there. They are all completely mental, slagging the other people off. There's no agreement or praise, even if someone is giving someone some stick, the others don't praise or get together and go for the abuse as a unity, but they will continue to get involved but from their own soapbox. I would have thought there would have been a few greasy mates on there but not they all dislike each other.

The whole "not sure who's who", "real or fake", "the IP address says they are from wales" is completely barmy. I have never seen any thread talking about Amiga stuff without it getting railroaded by mental people.

I wonder why the site owner, who is an artist I believe even keeps it running, he's not a big Amiga fan / poster to the site as far as I can tell and potentially liables himself for hosting such garbage.

Its quietened down on there since an old backup of the site seems to have been restored deleting the most hideous of posts ever.

Everyone reads teh moo Franko will say, yes but not for Amiga information, there's a certain primal delight from looking at freaks and looking down at their antics. That said, the darkest of the dark on there, are really not well - you don't say stuff like that, its just not normal behaviour. I would imagine in real life they are living a really desperate existence and I would think the graphic sexual nature of their postings mean they are not safe to be around.

I hope the site does get closed down, as interesting it is to read from a social commentary stance, but it is breading or collecting the dregs of civilisation and has nothing to do with Amiga. Sad individuals unemployable / drug addicts / probably sexual crimes to their name or high risk of being caught. Really nasty individuals basically.

Last edited by A1200 on 11-Feb-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Boot_WB 
Posted on 12-Feb-2015 11:49:16
#35 ]

@eliyahu

As a defender of 'that site' (amongst whom i'd also include the site owner amongst others) I find your comments to be a broad brush: poorly chosen and insulting.

As you have posted there yourself occasionally, i also find it a little confusing.

I'd place an abuse report, but that truly would be pathetic. Please consider focussing your insults towards those you feel deserve it in future.

wawa 
Posted on 12-Feb-2015 12:37:39
#36 ]
Elite Member

@Boot_WB

Quote:
As a defender of 'that site' (amongst whom i'd also include the site owner amongst others) I find your comments to be a broad brush: poorly chosen and insulting.

its just a welcome opportunity to blame so called "usual suspects" wholesale one more time and an argument in favour of control. interesting, considering the obvious bias and preferences of the individuals behind the spam and attacks on moo, which are showing through the content their posts, as well as whom and when they attack.

Overflow 
Posted on 12-Feb-2015 12:42:57
#37 ]

@wawa

I agree with both your and Boot in that broad generalization and stereotyping isnt helpful.

That said; the Amiga section of Moobunny is, for the most part, out of control with "spam".
Raise the issue to the owner of the board, and if he doesnt act on it, then actions could be taken, if someone feels the need to.

I have from time to time read Moobunny, and they actually do have some good comments and observations every now and then. That doesnt negate all the trash that often fills that section.

number6 
Posted on 12-Feb-2015 13:39:41
#38 ]
Elite Member

@A1200

Quote:
I wonder why the site owner, who is an artist I believe even keeps it running, he's not a big Amiga fan

He certainly was.

Source

I've posted this list of names and news from this group before, as listed on amiganews.de and ann.lu as well.

It's hard to accept that so many on this list of prestigious people became disgruntled by the choices and actions of the "owners" of bits and pieces of IP over the years.
To accept moobunny posters' opinions (and absolute facts in many cases) would make one question one's own opinions, and ego does not permit that. Simply human nature.

Sure there is much spam, but everyone from Amiga to Hyperion to Prokom to FreeAmiga to...etc. etc. has also posted on moo. Everyone is free to disregard all legal document links there as well, plug their ears, and sing "lalalalala" if they so choose. We all know that it's more important to believe what we WANT to be true, as opposed to believing in truth itself. Simply human nature.

sundown 
Posted on 12-Feb-2015 19:15:37
#39 ]
Elite Member

@Boot_WB

Quote:
@eliyahu

So, free speech is only allowed on moo? moo posters wrote the book on how to insult ppl, companies, & ideas they don't agree with, so give us a break.

LOL, read my sig, the 3rd line came from a nasty moo thread.

Last edited by sundown on 12-Feb-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Last edited by sundown on 12-Feb-2015 at 07:32 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 13-Feb-2015 1:35:16
#40 ]
Elite Member

strange.. im not sure whom to credit with it, pascal, trevor, the site owner... whomever has scaried the spammer away with just a finger snap even if only for the time being has proven something.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle