Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 146 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  30 mins ago
 Hammer:  41 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 55 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 corb0:  2 hrs 25 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 RobertB:  4 hrs ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  List for illegal game Collections existing?
Register To Post

PosterThread
Bugala 
List for illegal game Collections existing?
Posted on 21-Feb-2015 13:31:18
#1 ]
Cult Member

As Hall of Light is also telling about games in which game collections they have appeared, it came to my mind, that have anyone ever listed illegal game collections? The ones pirates made?

I remember having some of them, and sometimes wonder what was some other games in same disk as game x was in.

As example, I had this collection which had Fred Feuerstein, Bone Cruncher (never got it to work, due to kickstart 1.2 reguired or something like that) and I think there was third game there too, just dont remember what.

I also remember I had Vampires Empire in one collection, but cant remember what the rest were.

And then there was this Platou++ and Helter Skelter, perhaps Chess Master and 2 other games, other one possibly being 3D game, maybe some helicopter sim where i never got the helicopter to fly, but i wonder what were those.

Another one was Buggy Boy, im pretty sure it was on disk with other games, but what were those other games? Cant recall at all.

But mainly i am wondering this question, since it is part of a history that seems to be about to get forgotten again, so it would be nice to list these up too, before its too late. Especially with pictures/videos of the menu, since often these collections had their own selection menu which are worth saving for historical purposes in similar sense as crack intros.

Profile     Report this post  
itix 
Re: List for illegal game Collections existing?
Posted on 21-Feb-2015 15:15:51
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Bugala

Quote:

As Hall of Light is also telling about games in which game collections they have appeared, it came to my mind, that have anyone ever listed illegal game collections? The ones pirates made?

Uhm, you mean where several cracked games are crammed to single floppy disk? I think everyone did that.

Severin 
Posted on 21-Feb-2015 16:24:06
#3 ]
Elite Member

@Bugala

I have a collection I bought off ebay, 38 Gb, came on 9 DVDs, 46,175 entires in the 5mb list. not very comprehensive, just the filename and path created with list after installing on my HD. perfect for testing E-UAE though :)

Visit the Official OS4 Support Site for more help.

It may be that your sole purpose is to serve as a warning to others.

Bugala 
Posted on 21-Feb-2015 18:04:10
#4 ]
Cult Member

@itix and @Severin

Yes, Itix is right, I meant those several games crammed to one floppy disk collections, with their own "choose the game to play" - menu.

Dont know if there is endless amount of those or just some. But if there is some reasonable amount only, then it would be interesting of having a list of those collection with screenshots/videos of the game selection menus.

I think they often removed something from the game to be able to cram them. For example when i just today checked vampires empire on Amiga Hall of Light, there was this start screenshot (at least i suppose it was) that i dont recall ever seeing before. As far as i remember, when the game was loaded, it was directly playing ingame, without any intro screens or any explanations.

Severin 
Posted on 21-Feb-2015 18:08:16
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Bugala

I have 1,119 ADFs of game compilation disks, around 600mb of them in zip format, I can post a list of the filenames if that's any help.

Visit the Official OS4 Support Site for more help.

It may be that your sole purpose is to serve as a warning to others.

rob_d 
Posted on 21-Feb-2015 19:41:13
#6 ]

i still have the cds back from that era mercuful release and lsd with all the games in dms format u used to unarc them to floppy and there they where as to illegal most have long gone now back in the day games where sold as floppies at car boot sales or to order by mates

Last edited by rob_d on 21-Feb-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Bugala 
Posted on 21-Feb-2015 20:52:25
#7 ]
Cult Member

@Severin

I was mainly asking in hopes there either already is such a list in style of hall of light, or that my favorite person "someone else" would take the task to do one like that by pointing out that such list might not exist yet.

But it is good to know you have such a list there existing in case I happen to decide start making such myself for some reason.

Last edited by Bugala on 21-Feb-2015 at 08:53 PM.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle