Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 109 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 billt:  6 mins ago
 Rob:  9 mins ago
 amigang:  16 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  19 mins ago
 agami:  42 mins ago
 matthey:  48 mins ago
 kolla:  56 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  Cpu Miner Porting Request
Register To Post

PosterThread
Yogi27 
Cpu Miner Porting Request
Posted on 18-Apr-2015 12:32:35
#1 ]

Hi Everyone,

Amiga user D.S. Lobitz ported the CpuMiner program for us. It works well, and it mines BitCoins and LiteCoins. BitCoins use an algorithm called sha256d and LiteCoins use an algorithm called scrypt and both of them are working on the version of CpuMiner that was ported.

There are other internet coins that can be mined as well, Feather Coin, Doge Coin, and Dash Coin for example. These coins use different algorithms that are not included with the current CpuMiner program we have. For example, neoscrypt is an algorithm we do not have.

I am asking if anyone would be willing to port those other algorithms or different version of CpuMiner that supports those algorithms over to the Amiga. I have my AmigaOne500 running 24 hrs a day (I do this will all my Amigas I have ever owned), and when it is sitting here, I have it mining Litecoins right now instead of being idle. Problem is that Bitcoin and Litecoin are so heavily mined now, it is difficult to get any even though I am in a pool with other miners. If we could get those other algorithms for those other coins, they are easier to mine and would be easier to get more of them.

I would like to thank D.S. Lobitz for porting CpuMiner in the first place and I hope we get the other algorithms.

Yogi

Profile     Report this post  
phoenixkonsole 
Re: Cpu Miner Porting Request
Posted on 18-Apr-2015 12:46:57
#2 ]

@Yogi27

You could try out Amigacoin
http://www.amigacoin.org

I would also have some fun to exchange them against goods : )

In them moment i would offer:
AEROS Plus for Raspberry Pi (download version) for:
105000 Amigacoins
-------------------
Pizza (medium size) + Cola costs for 250000 AGA (Amigacoins)
-------------------
5€ donation to a power2people bounty costs 150000 (70€ budget right now , 05 of june 2014)
-------------------
500 indieCoins for 75000 AGA

------
just for fun... those values may change if it starts to become too expensive : p

Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 18-Apr-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Yogi27 
Posted on 18-Apr-2015 13:18:49
#3 ]

@phoenixkonsole

I did not know this even existed. Well, AmigaCoins will work with the current version of cpuminer we have since it uses the basic algorithm for litecoin. I will check this out, but I am still asking for the other algorithms :)

Yogi

Hypex 
Posted on 18-Apr-2015 16:19:01
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Yogi27

I thought these coins were some kind of internet money. But you describe then as being like cracking those RC5 keys or whatever they were called. And at first I thought it was CPU Mixer, then saw it was CPU Miner, and couldn't decide if it was a SMP manager or a game. I'm totally lost now with these new terms! It's not just music I don't understand now.

Yogi27 
Posted on 19-Apr-2015 0:52:33
#5 ]

@Hypex

Here is what the mining program does:

Mining is the process of running SHA256 double round hash verification processes in order to validate transactions and provide the requisite security for the public ledger of the bitcoin network. The speed at which you mine is measured in hashes per second.

The bitcoin network compensates miners for their effort by releasing bitcoin to those who contribute the needed computational power. This comes in the form of both newly issued coin and from the transaction fees included in the transactions you validate when mining. The more computing power you contribute, the greater your share of the reward.

I remember back in the day having my Amiga3000 doing some computer computations in a pool of other computers for something, I cannot remember what it was now. But now I have my AmigaOne 500 mining coins. :)

Anyways, different algorithms are needed for different coins (someone please port them) :)

Yogi

Belxjander 
Posted on 19-Apr-2015 6:06:05
#6 ]
Cult Member

@Hypex -

BitCoin / LiteCoin / DogeCoin and the rest ARE an Internet money...

"Wallet" programs hold the cryptographic keys,

"Mining" programs process "transactions" and extend the blockchain

Both work using a shared P2P protocol model.

@ All

Each "coin" or point system has it's own "blockchain" ledger.

ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE FINAL ONCE PROCESSED... there is no form of "chargeback"
so purchase of any of these is at your own risk and subject to exchange rates like any other money.

BitCoin and LiteCoins have GPU and FPGA mining equipment so a CPU based mining program is more a proof of concept than actual usable program for the processing required.

If the "CPUminer" would be extensible or setup for "per coin" plugins and making use of Xena/FPGA co-processor hardware in the NG systems...then it might have a chance.

Any other mining is literally up to chance as to whether you get bitten by a scam or not.
(a lot of "alt. coin" currencies ARE scams.)

I know about the above for my own minimal successes in getting 1BTC and then making a profit from it despite the price of BTC falling ( I bought-in when the price was at $100USD before the major spike to $1200 USD per coin and managed to sell most of it out or spend it when it was worth more).

Is the source for the existing miner anywhere open-sourced?

Yogi27 
Posted on 19-Apr-2015 20:28:09
#7 ]

@Belxjander

Yes, CpuMiner is open source.

The source code for neoscrypt for example is https://github.com/ghostlander/cpuminer-neoscrypt

:)

Yogi

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle