Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 134 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

AndreasM,  outlawal2

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 outlawal2:  1 min ago
 AndreasM:  3 mins ago
 sibbi:  12 mins ago
 saimo:  27 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  27 mins ago
 vox:  39 mins ago
 kolla:  49 mins ago
 Mr_DBUG:  50 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 42 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Drawing houseplans 2D in Scale pc?
Register To Post

PosterThread
PR 
Drawing houseplans 2D in Scale pc?
Posted on 1-May-2015 0:30:26
#1 ]

Hello again in a GFX relationed query.

In another threat Thanks I got something done in PPaint/DPaint as allready know how to use it and as the suggestions Grafx2 did get the Amy job to print it with the HP Laser which seems to be incompatible with the XE. No surprise there. But these are just scetch thingies in freehand.

In the pc side I found Inkscape that is free. It's just crazy how dificult it's for a newcommer to draw two squares, etc 15,6x25m. and make another square inside that is exactly 3,5mm inside for the wall insulation. 2D picture for a professional, 3,5mm means 35 cm.

I'll try to struggle with this but can't Copy&Paste or do anything "normal" as I'm really stupid with these not so drawing programs. Did the job for today and it has to be done at least half a millimeter perfect as the scale is 1:100 (1cm is one meter) . Can't be done in Ppaint as there is no scale?

Any better ideas than physical pencil,ruler,scissors and paper again?

(So embarassed as asked to do some easy job as You are the computer expert, well, not)

Practising Inkscape , no more complicated programs Please;) OS4 (or3?) or Win7 would be better for printing needs if any ideas?

PR

Profile     Report this post  
TheAMIgaOne 
Re: Drawing houseplans 2D in Scale pc?
Posted on 2-May-2015 22:47:36
#2 ]
Cult Member

@PR

You need CAD type programs or Vector Drawing, there are some on the Amiga which should work on the A1XE.

AmigaOneXE OS4.1.6

TaoSoftwareBlog Youtube

Severin 
Posted on 3-May-2015 13:38:19
#3 ]
Elite Member

@PR

Try Cycas, available in English or German

Another option would be DrawStudio.

Visit the Official OS4 Support Site for more help.

It may be that your sole purpose is to serve as a warning to others.

olegil 
Posted on 4-May-2015 7:40:29
#4 ]
Elite Member

@PR

I'm an engineer in the electronics field, and I practice the ancient art of "if your only tool is a hammer, every problem tends to look like a nail". Hence, I would make something like this in Eagle (PCB editor), but the freeware version of that only goes up to 100x80mm, so not much useful for your 156x250mm scaled down drawing. On the other hand, you could do it in 1000:1 as a 15.6x25mm, Eagle goes all the way down to 1micrometer (so 1mm in real life with a 1000:1 scale).

Scriptable, outputs direct to printers, pdf, postscript, gerber (think "turtle graphics") etc. Exists for Windows and Linux.

The primitives you'll be needing here sounds like "wire", "circle" and maybe "arc" would suffice, shouldn't take you more than a few seconds to learn how to use those.

I use the grid when it suits me and the command line interface when the grid doesn't fit.

Example: grid mm;wire (0 0) (15.6 0) (15.6 25) (0 25) (0 0);wire (0.35 0.35) (15.25 0.35) (15.25 24.65) (0.35 24.65) (0.35 0.35) would give you the doble rectangle you require to get started.

OR, offset it 0.35 in X and Y directions so the inner walls start on the axes. That should make it easier to work with, without affecting printing or export. You can PM me if you have any questions. Doesn't cost anything to download and try.

I've been making all sorts of drawings and stuff in eagle, including labels to be printed where I needed to edit the postscript files to make black background and change pen color to white etc

edit: obviously you can scale the printouts so it'll be 100:1 on the paper

Last edited by olegil on 04-May-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Last edited by olegil on 04-May-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle