Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 107 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  11 mins ago
 Rob:  16 mins ago
 zipper:  40 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 58 mins ago
 Comi:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 vox:  3 hrs 13 mins ago
 BigD:  4 hrs 20 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Just rumours?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Raffaele 
Re: Just rumours?
Posted on 29-Mar-2017 10:15:10
#41 ]

@alef

Quote:

alef wrote:
Rumours are telling that Commodore and Amiga have been working backstage
in a joint future of reestablshing the old Firm named Commodore Amiga.

I heard it from so many, so this is why I now am so sure that I intend
to buy the Commodore phone.

Any comments?

- Regards ...

@AmigaBlitter

Quote:

AmigaBlitter wrote:
@iggy

"Commodore and Amiga"

Would be great!

Just i hope that who will be at the helm is someone that we know already

So then the Chinaphoniacs rebranders are gathering with Mc Ewen in order to put out in the market some ultra-expensive unuseful "phony" products and doing so in order to rise the price of the company named Amiga, just if in case Trevor Dickinson could be still intetesteed and would buy "The Name" again...

I imagine the scene....

- Trevor: "Hey I am Trevor Dickinson.. I am here to buy name Amiga for the money you asked and get rid definitevly of you... take my money and shut up"

- Commodore Amiga Squatters: "Sorry pal1 Now we produce zillionary priced phones with Commodore Amiga brand. Price we asked previously rised from 5 millions dollars outrageous price to 10 million dollars disgustingly outrageous price!"

Last edited by Raffaele on 29-Mar-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
Raffaele 
Posted on 29-Mar-2017 10:20:44
#42 ]

@bison

Quote:

bison wrote:
@alef

Quote:
Any comments?

Commodore and Amiga go together like Fiat and Chrysler.

What an horrible vision... Commodore and Amiga togheter again, a good computer makers little company ruined by a greedy computer industry company just as giant Car Makers Company made out by joining faullty fancy american made cars tied together "italian-state-funded-to-avoid-bankruptcy & labour-exploiting" trashy italian cars makers....

Last edited by Raffaele on 29-Mar-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 29-Mar-2017 10:28:28
#43 ]

@paolone

Quote:

paolone wrote:
@number6

(2) New CEO of Commodore Business Machines Srl is Carlo Scattolini. Before him, it was Massimo Canigiani.

The company is still active and currently planning its third device. I won't comment about the company because it would not be fair (there are things I like and other I don't), nor I can really say something about the brand, since there are professionals handling this topic (and that's definitely something I am not expert about), what I can remind to everyone is that currently there are two Commodore(s): one frightening common people printing t-shirts or making projects on kickstarter, and another producing and selling actual products. The Leo is awesome, btw, but obviously my opinion on this matter is pointless. Regards,

I still wonder how you got caught in this re-brand squatter expensive products sellers enterprise adventure...

Last edited by Raffaele on 29-Mar-2017 at 10:31 AM.

paolone 
Posted on 29-Mar-2017 12:47:38
#44 ]

@Raffaele

Quote:

I still wonder how you got caught in this re-brand squatter expensive products sellers enterprise adventure...

Because, like it or not, that's been the only actual venture trying to put dust away from the Commodore name, in a rational way (which means: completely new company making different and modern products). Phones are more expensive because of import, transport, taxes, royalties, additional costs (there are many, but obviously keyboard lions don't know about them and never count them), customer support. So, either you raise prices, or you die. Easy. By the way, the Leo is a damn good phone which fixes all the problems encountered with the Pet: it's more classy, it's less costy, it's built with better materials and has an incredibly precise GPS receiver. We've also enhanced customer support since in the beginning it was... well... baaaad.

I can understand some of you would prefer a Commodore company still producing C64 and Amigas, but the reality is that neither IBM still builds i80386-based PCs, nor Apple is still producing the IIe, while their current Macs are totally different from their '80s counterparts. We strongly believe that the name 'Commodore' should be used by a company delivering current technologies, and its competitors should be Apple (again), Samsung or Huawei, but it's really a very "long way to the top", while the journey started 2 years ago.

We surely noticed many Kickstarter projects related to old Commodore computers, but please try to understand that there is a reason, if they need crow-funding to reach production. And there is also a reason why current Amiga-based projects generally talk about production runs of "hundreds of units". We (amigans) are a niche, retrocomputing fans are another (slightly bigger, but not big enough) niche, and a "retro"-tailored Commodore would simply die with us like already did. That's why we're targeting something else.

Chuckt 
Posted on 29-Mar-2017 20:35:01
#45 ]

@paolone

Quote:

paolone wrote:
@Raffaele

Quote:

I can understand some of you would prefer a Commodore company still producing C64 and Amigas, but the reality is that neither IBM still builds i80386-based PCs, nor Apple is still producing the IIe, while their current Macs are totally different from their '80s counterparts. We strongly believe that the name 'Commodore' should be used by a company delivering current technologies, and its competitors should be Apple (again), Samsung or Huawei, but it's really a very "long way to the top", while the journey started 2 years ago.

There are some trying to theorize how to make a Commodore 64 using a 16 bit processor.

65816 C64 compatible

http://forum.6502.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4356

For me that ship has sailed because Commodore could have included more silicon and more upgrades with more memory, 80 columns, etc., instead of a bloated Commodore 128 with CPM that no one uses.

They should have upgraded it a long time ago.

Raffaele 
Posted on 29-Mar-2017 23:28:31
#46 ]

@paolone

Quote:

paolone wrote:
@Raffaele

[quote]
IPhones are more expensive because of import, transport, taxes, royalties, additional costs (there are many, but obviously keyboard lions don't know about them and never count them), customer support. So, either you raise prices, or you die.

Aw come on! We are talking about phones... Don't be silly... If you are afraid of taxes hire a warehouse in China (they are really el chapo there) and sell them at a real price... People will pay their nation import taxes when purchasing one, and we all will live happy with it...

Quote:
I can understand some of you would prefer a Commodore company still producing C64 and Amigas, but the reality is that neither IBM still builds i80386-based PCs, nor Apple is still producing the IIe, while their current Macs are totally different from their '80s counterparts.

Well a good integrated version of AROS with touch -screen support, running hosted into Commodore Android phone sure could made me really believe you are doing something serious instad than just using "The Name"...

Quote:

We (amigans) are a niche, retrocomputing fans are another (slightly bigger, but not big enough) niche, and a "retro"-tailored Commodore would simply die with us like already did. That's why we're targeting something else.

That statement translated in normal words just sounds something like

"we are targetting those nostalgic people who remember the name Commodore and just want to pose showing themselves wearing gadget phones with the brand engraved on it..."

Yes... that's very Apple-like strategy... "A ring... ehm... A logo to catch them all!"

No seriously... How many people know of a brand named Commodore in these days and how lesser many do you believe that could perceive Commodore is a "quality" brand outside the shrinking community of former Commodore users?

Amigans are the core of former Commodore mass of users, and the only ones who are still enough crazy to spend money in the brand and/or buy memorabilia of it. You decided Amiga is not your target, then good luck, you deserve the many as possible...

Last edited by Raffaele on 29-Mar-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 29-Mar-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 30-Mar-2017 10:55:03
#47 ]

@Chuckt

Quote:

Chuckt wrote:
@paolone[quote]

There are some trying to theorize how to make a Commodore 64 using a 16 bit processor.

65816 C64 compatible

http://forum.6502.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4356

For me that ship has sailed because Commodore could have included more silicon and more upgrades with more memory, 80 columns, etc., instead of a bloated Commodore 128 with CPM that no one uses.

They should have upgraded it a long time ago.

Is this comment a bit off-topic, or am I wrong?

I can't understand why talking of reviving C64 here.

I tought we were talking about news on reviving the brand, not opinions on enhancing dead products like C64 or Classic Amigas...

Stay in topic with discussing if news of these people joining their firms to produce new merchandise or new electronics modern hardware is it a viable (or not) market proposal in the first quarter of 21th century.

And perhaps another three questions are (1) If this new joint-venture it is just the latest attempt to McEwen to hassle Amiga Market, or (2) Just latest attempt to get money beating the dead horse of Commodore by selling expensive phones to nostalgic people... and/or (3) Latest attempt in disrupting perception of actual Amiga market letting media focusing just on gossip joint-venture Commodore-Amiga news...

paolone 
Posted on 30-Mar-2017 15:39:49
#48 ]

@Raffaele

Quote:

Aw come on! We are talking about phones... Don't be silly... If you are afraid of taxes hire a warehouse in China (they are really el chapo there) and sell them at a real price... People will pay their nation import taxes when purchasing one, and we all will live happy with it...

Are you kidding? We won't make our customers pay for custom and import taxes. That's exactly what it can easily happen when you buy something from China. And we want to check shipments and to do an acceptable quality control. In any case, if you're coming here to teach us how to do our duty, don't waste your time: I can propose you to our CEO as new sales manager.

Quote:

Well a good integrated version of AROS with touch -screen support, running hosted into Commodore Android phone sure could made me really believe you are doing something serious instad than just using "The Name"...

I was acatually thinking to something a little more complex than this...

Quote:

No seriously... How many people know of a brand named Commodore in these days and how lesser many do you believe that could perceive Commodore is a "quality" brand outside the shrinking community of former Commodore users?

Amigans are the core of former Commodore mass of users, and the only ones who are still enough crazy to spend money in the brand and/or buy memorabilia of it. You decided Amiga is not your target, then good luck, you deserve the many as possible...

I can completely agree with you on this.

Raffaele 
Posted on 1-Apr-2017 12:41:08
#49 ]

@paolone

Quote:

paolone wrote:
@Raffaele

Quote:

Are you kidding? We won't make our customers pay for custom and import taxes. That's exactly what it can easily happen when you buy something from China. And we want to check shipments and to do an acceptable quality control. In any case, if you're coming here to teach us how to do our duty, don't waste your time: I can propose you to our CEO as new sales manager.

Well, it is better then to inform you that chinese stores like Gearbest and MyEfox repay import of taxes you need to pay for buying their products.

State receive its money and it is happy with it, and you get back your tax fees and you are happy too...

Stores diminish the amount of money they receive from customers bui they still make lots of money selling great number of phones.

I think you cannot compete in any way with such an aggressive marketing policy.

Last edited by Raffaele on 01-Apr-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 01-Apr-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 01-Apr-2017 at 12:48 PM.

number6 
Posted on 20-May-2017 17:01:02
#50 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr

Slow day, so just checking since it has been a few months:

Quote:
in line with the high expectations of the name Commodore.

Which means a company in such high demand to do business with that they still offer the following means of contact:

Quote:
Phone number: No data are included in the ECB.
Fax number: No data are included in the ECB.
E-mail: No data are included in the ECB.
Web address: No data are included in the ECB.

Source

Fitting connection though...shell company with owner living on the beach in Aruba.

number6 
Posted on 24-Jun-2017 14:47:51
#51 ]
Elite Member

@thread

Activity yet again on an issue I thought was closed.
New paperwork filed (see Correspondence section).

euipo cbm

number6 
Posted on 2-Jan-2018 22:00:42
#52 ]
Elite Member

@thread

Long time since I updated this

Quote:
opposing party’s proof of use

Although I don't have an account, someone who does posted a summary of sorts elsewhere:

Quote:
In the opposition to the application for registration of the C = CBM trademark, evidence of recent use of the C = brand was presented by C = Holdings / Polabe. You can even read the contract signed by Jens Schönfeld of the Individual Computers, where the Royalty does not seem as exhilarating as someone wanted to believe ...

I can not vouch for the post, but this poster has made accurate comments in the past.

ilbarbax 
Posted on 3-Jan-2018 12:37:43
#53 ]

Yesterday I've been to MediaWorld shop and I saw a stack of Atari retro consoles. This made me a bit sad thinking that if they can make business why this things, why can not be done with the Amiga too ?, mainly now that an actual and improved hardware can be offered. We "just" need an investor.

number6 
Posted on 9-Nov-2019 12:57:54
#54 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr

Re:our posts about Polabe prior page.

It would seem to me that Polabe licensing the trademarks long ago would be quite legally odd, given that only a few weeks ago they -applied- for these trademarks.

C Commodore - #018143169

and

Commodore - #018143166

I suspect this is about establishing a new licensing arm for Commodore, since we saw this before with Asiarim establishing their own licensing arm. As you will recall, when that "arm" went bankrupt everything reverted to the creditors who then became known as C=Holdings B.V.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle