Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 113 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  30 secs ago
 number6:  58 mins ago
 RobertB:  59 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 31 mins ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 5 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 17 mins ago
 outlawal2:  4 hrs 24 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Amigāteries this week-end
Register To Post

PosterThread
K-L 
Amigāteries this week-end
Posted on 2-Apr-2016 15:45:09
#1 ]

The Amigāteries event, organized by HunoPPC is taking place now in Veiller Les Pots near Dijon in France.

Many news will be announced and I can already tell you that the new version of Final Burn Alpha is HUGE with many new improvements !

Profile     Report this post  
elwood 
Re: Amigāteries this week-end
Posted on 2-Apr-2016 16:13:09
#2 ]
Elite Member

@All

Yeah and the Snes9X emulation is great too. We can do some screenshots but only if you want them. I don't see any reaction from Amigans here...

Last edited by elwood on 02-Apr-2016 at 11:39 PM.

Amiga Translator Organisation

pavlor 
Posted on 2-Apr-2016 16:21:10
#3 ]
Elite Member

@elwood

Screenshots of great emulators and photos from interesting events are always welcome!

K-L 
Posted on 2-Apr-2016 23:05:23
#4 ]

@pavlor

I'll see how to post some pictures later.

So far we had demos of :

* X-Dock to come bundled with A-Eon's Enhancer Pack
* Snes9X playable even on the Sam440 (a brand new complete world of games now comes to AmigaOS 4.1 !) with AltiVec support
* New version of Final Burn Alpha with new display options/filter options (openGL filter available) and new optimizations (AltiVec)
* Warp3D NOVA demoed (what could be demoed since NDA is still here) with very interesting explanations from Huno and Crisot regarding what could be the future of OpenGL 2.0 on AmigaOS 4.1

Great event as usual !

BTW, some bug in DirMeUp (Glames) and ftpd (Alex) are (or will be soon) corrected.

Crisot will show us Odyssey's advancement (his Dungeon Crawler game).

tommysammy 
Posted on 3-Apr-2016 8:32:54
#5 ]
Cult Member

@K-L

Well done my french Amiga friends

K-L 
Posted on 3-Apr-2016 8:38:46
#6 ]

@Thread

Crisot showed some development of Odyssey but unofrtunatley, it seems that Warp3D fo RadeonHD doesn't support compressed textures (as some of you may have seen on the latest release of Three the demo).

I forgot to mention a new version of Darkplaces with new HD textures

pavlor 
Posted on 3-Apr-2016 9:01:49
#7 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

Thanks for report!

Quote:
Snes9X playable even on the Sam440 (a brand new complete world of games now comes to AmigaOS 4.1 !) with AltiVec support

Isn“t there WarpSNES? Sure, it has some stability issues, but works fast even on WinUAE/OS4.

K-L 
Posted on 3-Apr-2016 9:09:50
#8 ]

@pavlor

I've never managed to use correctly WarpSNES.

pavlor 
Posted on 3-Apr-2016 10:11:03
#9 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

Quote:
I've never managed to use correctly WarpSNES.

Ah, I was lucky then. I use insanely huge stack (5000000), but didn“t played too long (only tried game, if it works, not hours of gameplay).

lionstorm 
Posted on 3-Apr-2016 18:35:14
#10 ]

@Huno : thx for this great event, it was awesome to see the updated version of FBA, Darkplace with HD textures, a demo of X-Dock, a SNES emulator with a reaction GUI (awesome job by K-L, Mumu and Elwood to bring the snapshots and game boxes to the GUI), a demo of Warp3D Nova (I know now how to make the difference between shader and shaderless object).
Thanks to the French amiga team AmiOuest for releasing an updated version of FTPd (already uploaded to OS4depot BTW !).

See you all next year !

Rob 
Posted on 3-Apr-2016 23:32:49
#11 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

Quote:
* Warp3D NOVA demoed (what could be demoed since NDA is still here) with very interesting explanations from Huno and Crisot regarding what could be the future of OpenGL 2.0 on AmigaOS 4.1
#

I expect that means new versions of Huno's ports to take advantage of the additional performance offered by the new API as well as new games that couldn't easily be done before.

Good to hear Crisot is on the scene. Haven't seen him on the forums for a few years now. I wonder if he'll be programming Warp3D Nova directly like he does with Warp3D currently.

Interesting times ahead.

eliyahu 
Posted on 4-Apr-2016 1:17:24
#12 ]

@thread

a few more pictures: http://yogib33r.ddns.net/owncloud/index.php/s/KpwdUuf4iK3s105

-- eliyahu

Hans 
Posted on 4-Apr-2016 5:33:45
#13 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
Good to hear Crisot is on the scene. Haven't seen him on the forums for a few years now. I wonder if he'll be programming Warp3D Nova directly like he does with Warp3D currently.

Yes, Crisot has been more active lately, as you can see on his blog.

I don't think that he has the hardware to use Warp3D Nova at present, so he'll likely be sticking to Warp3D.

Hans

HunoPPC 
Posted on 4-Apr-2016 16:35:27
#14 ]

@All
Hello,

Sorry for this long answer but I've only slept 8 hours since the beginning of the event (friday evening) and I wanted to have some reste today.

Here some answer, hoping I won't forget anything :

At the moment, FinalBurnAlpha uses OpenGL 1.0 for its rendering (when using OpenGL filter) and this is done via MiniGL. Regarding FBA, Iv'e added a new filter names BezelFX which give the impression of being in an arcade cabinet. It's been a lot of work to adpat them for FBA

Regarding speed, I'm using AltiVec (on G4/PA6-T) to speed up memcopy fonctions, which give a boost of 6-8% but I was give som advice during the Amigaterties and I think I'll be able to gain a little bit more.

In the future, I'll try to use Warp3D NOVA for rendering since shaders will allow me to add new effects and filters overlays (eg scanlines eating less cpu). Of course, older filters will still be present.

Regarding Sne9x and its GUI, I'll add new supported Roms in the future and will also use Warp3D NOVA for rendering using shaders.

As I explained this week-end during the event, NOVA is huge improvement and Hans has produce a great product that will work on Sam460 and X1000 providing they are using a supported Radeon HD (I'm using theses systems to code). I applause publicly all the work done by A-Eon and Hans because I think this work deserbes to be highlighted since it will allow our systems to get further.

In my personal view, it will take time to adapt to this new environment and be able to make good projects leveraging that power.

On my side, I'll take the time to become accostumed to thi new environment and use Warp3D NOVA for my future projects giving them new enhancements.

Thanks again to A-Eon, who made this clever choice and for allowing us to see a brighter future regarding 3D.

The photo:

HunoPPC
Amiga french Team Power

FinalBurn Alpha new effect bezelFX

Last edited by HunoPPC on 04-Apr-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Last edited by HunoPPC on 04-Apr-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Last edited by HunoPPC on 04-Apr-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Last edited by HunoPPC on 04-Apr-2016 at 04:52 PM.

K-L 
Posted on 4-Apr-2016 16:54:37
#15 ]

@Hans

Yes, he's working again on Odyssey but it doesn't work on Warp3D for Radeon HD unfortunately since it seems that Warp3D SI doesn't support compressed textures (we tested Odyssey on my X1000).

Huno and Crisot explained to us what could bring Warp3D NOVA to AmigaOS 4.1 since it was difficult for many of us to understand what are the advantages of shaders for example. Crisot really helped us to better understand all this 3D stuff.

Huno won't modify his old ports but will try to use Warp3D NOVA for his future ports. He's got mny project in mind regarding many topics (including Warp3D NOVA) but don't hold your breath, there will be time before he gets all done.

Ah, I see huno has posted an answer. I'll try to rephrase it since English is not is best friend as he always tells me

@All
Hello,

Sorry for this long answer but I've only slept 8 hours since the beginning of the event (friday evening) and I wanted to have some reste today.

Here some answer, hoping I won't forget anything :

At the moment, FinalBurnAlpha uses OpenGL 1.0 for its rendering (when using OpenGL filter) and this is done via MiniGL. Regarding FBA, Iv'e added a new filter names BezelFX which give the impression of being in an arcade cabinet. It's been a lot of work to adpat them for FBA

Regarding speed, I'm using AltiVec (on G4/PA6-T) to speed up memcopy fonctions, which give a boost of 6-8% but I was give som advice during the Amigaterties and I think I'll be able to gain a little bit more.

In the future, I'll try to use Warp3D NOVA for rendering since shadres will allow me to add new effects and filters overlays (eg scanlines eating less cpu). Of course, older filters will still be present.

Regarding Sne9x and its GUI, I'll add new supported Roms in the future and will also use Warp3D NOVA for rendering using shaders.

As I explained this week-end during the event, NOVA is huge improvement and Hans has produce a great product that will work on Sam460 and X1000 providing they are using a supported Radeon HD (I'm using theses systems to code). I applause publicly all the work done by A-Eon and Hans because I think this work deserbes to be highlighted since it will allow our systems to get further.

In my personal view, it will take time to adapt to this new environment and be able to make good projects leveraging that power.

On my side, I'll take the time to become accostumed to thi new environment and use Warp3D NOVA for my future projects giving them new enhancements.

Thanks agin to A-Eon, who made this clever choice and for allowing us to see a brighter future regarding 3D.

And here are my pictures : http://amiga-ng.org/resources/Amigateries2016/

And the same picture with our names :

Last edited by K-L on 04-Apr-2016 at 05:15 PM.

HunoPPC 
Posted on 4-Apr-2016 17:02:10
#16 ]

@K-L
Thank you very much
I have fixed my text now
Best regards

kyle 
Posted on 4-Apr-2016 17:59:17
#17 ]
Cult Member

Great meeting and nice pic

Hans 
Posted on 4-Apr-2016 23:41:43
#18 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

Quote:

K-L wrote:
@Hans

Yes, he's working again on Odyssey but it doesn't work on Warp3D for Radeon HD unfortunately since it seems that Warp3D SI doesn't support compressed textures (we tested Odyssey on my X1000).

Correct. Unfortunately, there are technical barriers to compressed textures being added, so it's unlikely to be added any time soon.

Also, while texture compression has a noticeable impact with Radeon 9xxx cards, SI cards have much higher VRAM bandwidth, so I don't expect that it'll improve performance much. Well, it would help if compression allows all textures to fit in VRAM, but that's about it.

I suggest the following workaround:
- Query the Warp3D driver for compressed texture support
- If it doesn't exist, use a DXT decompressor to decompress the texture, and use that instead

Hans

marko 
Posted on 5-Apr-2016 0:44:18
#19 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@thread

Thanks for the reports and photos

m4rko.com/AMIGA

K-L 
Posted on 5-Apr-2016 5:58:06
#20 ]

@Hans

Thanks, I'll point Crisot to your answer

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle