Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 139 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

kolla,  MEGA_RJ_MICAL

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 min ago
 kolla:  1 min ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  23 mins ago
 zipper:  24 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr ago
 RickSkid:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 Diane:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 24 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Nice 3D Amiga-made anim from Japan site NicoNico
Register To Post

PosterThread
Raffaele 
Nice 3D Amiga-made anim from Japan site NicoNico
Posted on 25-Jul-2016 6:51:05
#1 ]

I discovered it some days ago, as long as I never registered to Nico Nico before.

http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8118139?cp_in=wt_srch

It has been uploaded in 2009 but it could originally be elder. The song it is very pretty and animation is funny.

Too bad Commodore do not hit Japan market, because a large diffusion of Amiga in the Land of Rising Sun had had bring more core supporters to our platform.

I think creator is good and I wonder if he is the composer of the song too.

I also wonder if artist is still involved with Amiga. We could had asked him more music jingles for the Amiga.

Profile     Report this post  
Rob 
Re: Nice 3D Amiga-made anim from Japan site NicoNico
Posted on 25-Jul-2016 20:50:10
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Raffaele

They produced catalogues for the Japanese market and I came across an interesting page which gives details about various Japanese publications covering the Amiga as well as the catalogues.

http://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/OTH_1986Q1.html

I know that a Japanese Amiga dealer used to advertise in at least one of the UK Amiga magazines in the early nineties, and perhaps before since I only got into the Amiga at the beginning at the beginning of 1993. I used to get Amiga Action and CU Amiga, it will be interesting to check back to see Amiga Action carried the ads since it was it was purely aimed at gaming. If I find the time I'll get back to you on that.

I also remember there being an South East Asian company that produced video hardware and possibly memory expansions that used to advertise in either CU Amiga or Amiga Format later in the nineties. I think they may have been Malaysian but again I'll have to check.

I'd love to have a more detailed picture of picture of the market and scene in Japan and elsewhere in SE Asia.

edit

You probably already know that the Japanese artist and composer Susumu Hirasawa used Amigas and also created the OS4 boot jingle.

Last edited by Rob on 25-Jul-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 26-Jul-2016 4:16:11
#3 ]

@Rob

As long as I remember Amiga never hit Japan like in Europe.
Only 2500 Amiga machines were sold there according to the stats I read on an Amiga newspaper in the nineties.
In the same time in Italy had been sold 500.000 machines, in England 700.000 and in Germany 800.000. Final counts talk respectively of 750.000, 2.000.000 and 1.500.000 computers sold.

Numbers of penetration of Amiga in Japan reveal a situation quite ridiculous for such an active market.

Yes I know about Hirasawa Susumu San, and perhaps now that I have access to NicoNico, I explored the site and I found almost 3 interviews to this good musician where he talks of his passion for our platform.

Remember also that last time Hirasawa San used Amiga for professional purposes (according to another interwiew he made) was in 2009 when he composed OST for Anime Movie Paprika directed by the late Satoshi Kon.

Actual situation of Amiga passion of Susumu Hirasawa is uncertain. I think he abandoned the platform in favour of other computing solutions and this is a real pity, because we lost a great professional user, due the actual unbalanced situation of Amiga development.

Last edited by Raffaele on 26-Jul-2016 at 04:16 AM.

Rob 
Posted on 9-Aug-2016 19:38:47
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Raffaele

I managed to find time to look through some old Amiga Mags at my parents place and dug up a copy of CU Amiga from October '93.

Last edited by Rob on 09-Aug-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Hypex 
Posted on 10-Aug-2016 15:56:23
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Is that a Japanese version? What page is it on? Like to compare with my UK one.

Rob 
Posted on 10-Aug-2016 17:41:19
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex

I didn't note what page it's on and it's a UK magazine anyway. They wouldn't have published a Japanese version but obviously there was a big enough readership there to make it worthwhile for a Japanese dealer to place adverts in a foreign magazine.

I think my first issue was March or April 1993 and I believe that the appeared in that issue too. Unfortunately most of my old issues are at my parents house so I can't easily check. If you have a number of earlier and later issues easily to hand then we can build some kind of picture.

Rob 
Posted on 10-Aug-2016 17:45:43
#7 ]
Elite Member

An advert for Bio-Con Taiwan Corp that was placed in the Christmas 1996 issue Amiga Format on page 99.

Last edited by Rob on 10-Aug-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Hypex 
Posted on 19-Aug-2016 16:11:28
#8 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

I have CU from around September 1991 to 1998 or whenever it was closed off. And some AF in between. I liked AF, nice looking format, but CU was the one I chose to be with.

Rob 
Posted on 19-Aug-2016 19:24:55
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex

I think my first mag was Amiga Action Feb 93 and then the following month I started getting CU Amiga as well because of the coverage of productivity software and hardware expansions. I think I stopped getting AA after I bought a CD32 and started buying CD32 gamer. I kept buying CU up until it's closure and then started getting buying AF until it closure too. The Christmas 96 issue of AF was a one off for some reading material while visiting relatives. I also have all issue of Amiga Active apart from issue 1 which I somehow missed. I think AF and Amiga Action overlapped slightly. I also bought a couple of issues of Amiga User International in the late 90's for another take on the scene.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle