Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 151 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  13 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 michalsc:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 25 mins ago
 clint:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 amigang:  3 hrs 40 mins ago
 Tpod:  4 hrs 20 mins ago
 pixie:  4 hrs 25 mins ago
 Birbo:  4 hrs 39 mins ago
 Hammer:  4 hrs 46 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  MorphOS Software
      /  MorphOS price reduction (for laptps ang G5s)
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zylesea 
MorphOS price reduction (for laptps ang G5s)
Posted on 27-Oct-2016 15:15:25
#1 ]
Elite Member

The MorphOS team took a new pricing scheme for MorphOS into effect today.
It's effectively a price reduction by about 30% for the laptos and G5s.

New price scheme:
The prices for a keyfile are 79 EUR for
- PowerBook G4 system,
- iBook G4
- Power Mac G5
- eMac
- Mac mini G4
- Pegasos I
- Pegasos II
- PowerMac G4
and 49 EUR for
- EfikaPPC
- Sam460 system

Profile     Report this post  
K-L 
Re: MorphOS price reduction (for laptps ang G5s)
Posted on 27-Oct-2016 15:39:35
#2 ]

@Zylesea

Nice move !

Last edited by K-L on 27-Oct-2016 at 03:39 PM.

pavlor 
Posted on 27-Oct-2016 15:57:19
#3 ]
Elite Member

@Zylesea

Nice!

g01df1sh 
Posted on 27-Oct-2016 18:12:08
#4 ]

Good news

Wii with Amiga emulation
Vampire v4 SA

Templario 
Posted on 28-Oct-2016 11:01:57
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Zylesea
Good news!

AmigaMac 
Posted on 29-Oct-2016 3:15:31
#6 ]

@Zylesea

When is it going to be available for the AmigaOne X5000?

jPV 
Posted on 29-Oct-2016 6:52:20
#7 ]
Cult Member

@AmigaMac

Quote:

AmigaMac wrote:
@Zylesea

When is it going to be available for the AmigaOne X5000?

It's been said that release of 3.10 and X5000 aren't related. Next update will be released when it's done.

Anyway, X5000 doesn't seem to be available yet either.

Kicko 
Posted on 29-Oct-2016 20:49:15
#8 ]
Elite Member

Nice move :)

PR 
Posted on 29-Oct-2016 21:07:31
#9 ]

Like asking when it's comming to the A1XE?

Well OS4 is for peg so why not?

Got scammed with Apple so hate it more. 1€ offer schedule for testing cost more than 650€, monthly payments from a website dealsoftoday.eu ,

stupid me, Credit recovers. Just a little warning. Doesn't go of after 1e buying.

Edit, seeing Sam in the list so A1 is comming? The list is impressive.

Good Job!

Last edited by PR on 29-Oct-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Last edited by PR on 29-Oct-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Zylesea 
Posted on 29-Oct-2016 22:37:37
#10 ]
Elite Member

@PR

No, A1 suport is not coming. MorphOS will not support other Articia based computers than Pegasos1.
The A1s are old, rare and with fishy Northbridge. There's no reason to spend limited development time on them.

And for all Apple haters - I recomend that PV: Is there a better way to show the middle finger than to wipe out OS X and install a "proper" OS. At least I had quite a smile on my face when formatting the OS X drive and putting MorphOS on it - making Amiga out of some old fruit.
It's always fun to tell others to use an Apple computer, but only the hardware and not OS X or all these iPrograms. Putting MorphOS on Apple hardware is freeing some innocent ppc from being a Cuppertino hostage

And while there is indeed quite something to criticize on Apple: Their hardware build quality is very good.

jPV 
Posted on 30-Oct-2016 7:44:16
#11 ]
Cult Member

@PR

Quote:

PR wrote:
Like asking when it's comming to the A1XE?

Well OS4 is for peg so why not?

The X5000 support has actually been announced to be coming, that's why the talk about it, but no plans (and point) for older AmigaOnes.

Quote:

Got scammed with Apple so hate it more.

Good thing is that Apple gets nothing when buying used hardware and we even get one OSX less from the world :) Mac HW is pretty good and stylish looking, especially after you put stickers over apples ;)

Last edited by jPV on 30-Oct-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Last edited by jPV on 30-Oct-2016 at 07:44 AM.

PR 
Posted on 30-Oct-2016 11:52:10
#12 ]

Nice to know A1 is rare and increasing in price if a good repair has done.

Got some stickers in the Logitech keyboard and display.

Not Morphos for here then. Seriously if it's not worth the time, understand. Hope the next version of OS4 is still supporting and all Altivec etc. Deserved from supporting?

The winner is who gets chrome(etc)+printer really supported.

Typed from Opera..

Hypex 
Posted on 30-Oct-2016 14:12:21
#13 ]
Elite Member

@jPV

I notice that no one sells the PPC OSX disk with a laptop either. Well my friend is snapping up PowerBook like hot cakes. And none have the OSX disc. Why wouldn't they include the original install disc? I wonder. Why would they want to keep an obsolete disc?

Also, no one formats their drive. This is an insult to the Apple format method that wipes your data ten times to Sunday! They leave it exactly as they left it and never tell my friend what their password is. Why? How is he supposed to use it? So the password has to be reset so my friend can take over the computer. If they leave their bank password on their computer it's their fault. Do people sell a car and leave their savings on the back seat? Apple people would! Then wonder where the money went when they didn't give it to Apple.

Speaking of Apple and money:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjbsZ3R2YLQAhWFGpQKHVF9Bx0QtwIIOzAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dz6fX6-aCZ9Y&usg=AFQjCNGs1g9ycfWz5y0adzgZ1phhby8dhQ

Last edited by Hypex on 30-Oct-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 30-Oct-2016 14:27:39
#14 ]

@Thread

Sure appetizer price of 59 euro on lower clock PPC Macintosh models upto 800MHz will be more greatly apprecciated...

Raffaele 
Posted on 30-Oct-2016 14:35:30
#15 ]

@Zylesea

Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
@PR

No, A1 suport is not coming. MorphOS will not support other Articia based computers than Pegasos1.
The A1s are old, rare and with fishy Northbridge. There's no reason to spend limited development time on them.

And for all Apple haters - I recomend that PV: Is there a better way to show the middle finger than to wipe out OS X and install a "proper" OS. At least I had quite a smile on my face when formatting the OS X drive and putting MorphOS on it - making Amiga out of some old fruit.
It's always fun to tell others to use an Apple computer, but only the hardware and not OS X or all these iPrograms. Putting MorphOS on Apple hardware is freeing some innocent ppc from being a Cuppertino hostage

And while there is indeed quite something to criticize on Apple: Their hardware build quality is very good.

My MorphOS MacMini last week started showing some ghostly behaviour issues from electronic power button. It has some leaks or so it seems. Due to age it powers on superdrive and power-led while MacMini really still powered off...

That's why I always loved Amigas and their mechanic power on/off button...

geit 
Posted on 30-Oct-2016 16:39:12
#16 ]

@Raffaele

"My MorphOS MacMini last week started showing some ghostly behaviour issues from electronic power button. It has some leaks or so it seems. Due to age it powers on superdrive and power-led while MacMini really still powered off.."

You have some self powered usb hardware connected, which leads power into the mac. Thats why LEDs starts to glim.

Thats because the 3rd party component of the e.g. HUB or external HDD did not add a 0.5 cent component to their case. In other words the small power supply of usb harddrive/hub tries to power the entire computer over usb. That power supply may even overheat and/or start a fire. So caution!

Last edited by geit on 30-Oct-2016 at 04:40 PM.

PR 
Posted on 30-Oct-2016 16:40:45
#17 ]

@Raffaele

Very true. A Real On/Off Switch is good. In A1 and in some pc there is only one button that works still but sometimes not.

In Amiga it's good to have a switch in the electrics divider cable thingie. (Sorry whats it called)

You can switch an Amiga off (With Your Boot jokingly) and it is never upset when booted again.

Raffaele 
Posted on 30-Oct-2016 16:56:39
#18 ]

@geit

Actuslly I had only 4 ports USB Hub connected to MacMini. Its package declares it Mac OS compatible guaranteed by the vendor who assured me he buys this kind of Hubs, economic but reliable, as he know perfectly Macs are "choosy" with external hardware by third parties.
On the hub it is been attached Logitech Desktop Navigator keyboard + Mouse only. I never experienced problems by these kind of hardware before.

Two weeks ago I got external Firewire Enclosure by Addonics. I connected it, I tested it works with an old 500GB hard disk from Buffalo NAS that stopped working. Hard disk was recognized but I failed mounting Hard disk partitions that Buffalo NAS formatted Linux Ext2, Ext3.
I disconnected Enclosure and tested it via USB2 on my Intel Core2 Duo Kubuntu machine and it worked flawlessly.
I left Firewire cable hanging on from my MacMini.
Sunday 23 passing nearby Macmini I found it waking up ghostly for the first time.
After some experiments I disconnected firewire cable and all seems back to normal.
But after 3 days of normality it started doing this problem again with no any device attached.
A google search made me suspect power button is leaking electric isolation as previous users experienced it.

jPV 
Posted on 30-Oct-2016 17:01:39
#19 ]
Cult Member

@Hypex

Quote:

Hypex wrote:
@jPV

I notice that no one sells the PPC OSX disk with a laptop either. Well my friend is snapping up PowerBook like hot cakes. And none have the OSX disc. Why wouldn't they include the original install disc? I wonder. Why would they want to keep an obsolete disc?

Heh... hmm... I have two OSX 10.4 installation disc sets, but they both came with Mac minis I think, but I haven't got them with laptops either :) Luckily I got unopened retail version of 10.5 from my friend for free, so I've been using that if I've needed to get OSX booted on some machine.

Quote:
Also, no one formats their drive. This is an insult to the Apple format method that wipes your data ten times to Sunday! They leave it exactly as they left it and never tell my friend what their password is. Why? How is he supposed to use it?

I've bought six Macs myself, and here sellers have always pre-installed a fresh copy to HD before sending to me, and told the defult pw they've used...

Hypex 
Posted on 31-Oct-2016 13:26:18
#20 ]
Elite Member

@jPV

Quote:
Heh... hmm... I have two OSX 10.4 installation disc sets, but they both came with Mac minis I think, but I haven't got them with laptops either :)

And the laptops reqiure an exact disc. Not any PPC disc will do. The repair ISO you can download is even more sensitive. Which will just crash on a wrong model. Great job Apple.

Quote:
Luckily I got unopened retail version of 10.5 from my friend for free, so I've been using that if I've needed to get OSX booted on some machine.

My friend (common expression) bought OSX just to have it. But it's useless on most of the books he buys because the drive can't load the disc. IIRC it's dual layer and most books including my main one are only single layer drives. I have a small 12" G4 and the only one that can read them. Which is funny as I didn't think an inferior Mac would be superior to a superior one.

Quote:
I've bought six Macs myself, and here sellers have always pre-installed a fresh copy to HD before sending to me, and told the defult pw they've used...

That must be more polite in your country. And know how to use a computer. As well as not being lazy.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle