Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 115 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  14 mins ago
 OlafS25:  36 mins ago
 clint:  41 mins ago
 amigang:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 Tpod:  2 hrs 32 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 37 mins ago
 Birbo:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 58 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 26 mins ago
 MarcioD:  4 hrs 45 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Disappointing Games
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
_Steve_ 
Re: Disappointing Games
Posted on 6-Nov-2016 17:08:36
#21 ]
Team Member

@fishy_fis

To be fair I played the original on the Amiga (CD32 edition) and then replayed both STS and STS2 on the PC and they were very likeable games.

It went downhill when the 3rd part was scrapped and later turned into a 3d abomination with all the humour sucked out of it. The camera in the 3D one was awful, the collision detection likewise awful and the charm and humour of the 2D parts 1 and 2 was completely removed.

There were a lot of point and click games around at that time, and STS was up there with the Monkey Islands (at least parts 1 and 2 - cant' say what 3 or 4 were like as I never really got around to trying them)

Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Posted on 7-Nov-2016 8:32:24
#22 ]
Elite Member

@fishy_fis

Quote:
Most disappointing however was the protagonist. He's irritating, and quite frankly completely unlikable. In the 2nd game especially "asshole" would be a reasonable description.

I have Simon 2 CD edition where "He's gone commercial." . And recently was given another one still shrink wrapped. I installed it on my AmigaOne about ten years ago and began to play it but never finished it. Got stuck somewhere. But I found it also was annoying. I was trying to pick up this cute shop keeper girl since I didn't have a girlfriend and Simon was just being a dick! All the pick up lines it offered were anything but insults. I wanted to smack him one.

Perhaps the only entertaining memory I have is the intro sequence where the monster boy is playing with fire against his fathers wishes and entertaining himself.

It entertains me because I hired out a house boat once with some friends. I think I was about 25 and we stopped off to get some alcohol for the night. The fun times started then as I was refused without ID. What a compliment. So we had a little party over by the river side and lit a fire. I mean a camp fire. Then one of my friends was a bit drunk and had lit this stick he was holding it up in the air and waving to and fro as his eyes were glued to it. It was fascinating, apparently. And I almost burst out laughing when I saw the fire scene in Simon 2.

Hypex 
Posted on 7-Nov-2016 8:36:31
#23 ]
Elite Member

@Hans

Quote:
Yes, fight after fight won with zero effort.

I wouldn't have been disappointed with that. I would have been disappointed if I kept loosing. I think most games disappointment me come to think of it.

Quote:
It's probably not your style of game. I liked Myst.

Why am I not surprised? You're a graphical guy.

But if it wasn't it should have been in HAM8. Or HAM6. Not like much action was going on.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle