Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 143 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  31 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 billt:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 20 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 43 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 50 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 57 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  4 hrs 6 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  A beacon for Hebrew speaking Amigans
Register To Post

PosterThread
Srtest 
A beacon for Hebrew speaking Amigans
Posted on 16-Dec-2016 3:51:25
#1 ]

I have recorded 3 more videos of reviewing aspects of AmigaOS and the X1000 as they relate to software, switching between different tasks on a personal level and perhaps even allowing oneself to have a little fun while doing so. Speaking of doing those reviews, they are in Hebrew and are directed first and foremost to a small but dedicated community in the 80's and early 90's which were like an underground group of gadget lovers that supported each other as they were the only ones who could. My day introduced me to them and we would take trips and visit them (yes I also learned from them about bbs). There was also some innovation from that group in the form of a very sensible word processor (and the invention of the Amiga copy protection dongle by that same guy...) and the recently updated Heart of the Alien which some of you have already enjoyed. I hope those videos reach them (the bottom 3 are the newest).

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6BCtrsfUqM

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E8jZbHKCGw (a little something involving the X1k

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2XaK-C-Dkw

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRZMEduNVE4

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QepSzhyMNGI

6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNk3dduQWFg

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnqHbItqn7w

All of those are of course in Hebrew and that is it until any newer developments happen on Amigaland. They go from Update 6 and my first few month to now. If someone would want me to do those in English that could be fun.

_______

I also take this opportunity to congratulate you on your hollidays and add a happy Hannukah. Yeah it's next week and I'm not gonna write something special about it It is a holliday of light and this is kinda cool to go from happyness to light and Asimov once said that science is like a single light and to light it anywhere is to light it Everywhere. The one common feat of Amigans (after they had a cup of coffee) is when they are happy with their favorite machine they cast a light on others to enjoy it too. That makes me think that maybe this is also a time for an Amiga holliday so why not? May Amiga shine like a beacon onto your lives.

Profile     Report this post  
pavlor 
Re: A beacon for Hebrew speaking Amigans
Posted on 16-Dec-2016 10:30:51
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Srtest

Hebrew is alien language for me, but videos look good. My first (and only so far) encounter with this part of the Amiga world was when I tried to improve Rashumon article on Wikipedia (glad there were some English sources at least...).

Happy Hannukah to you too!

Srtest 
Posted on 16-Dec-2016 14:24:24
#3 ]

@pavlor

Man you guys rock. Didn't think you remember. The meaning of Rashumon is note taker. The writer is called Michael and you can find him on facebook. here is a pic: https://infosechaephrati.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/rashumon.jpg.

He wrote a nice piece once about how he submitted his final muscial project in school on a floppy disk done with Amiga software and was the first man in that musical institution to do that. I can't remember
the name of the prog he used. Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited by Srtest on 16-Dec-2016 at 02:27 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 16-Dec-2016 16:31:57
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Srtest

being a non-believer, i dont know so much about hannukah, other that it is called a festive of lights and a prototype for christian christmas, about as much as pessah is one for easter. both probably relate to earlier solar holidays. i should educate myself a bit in those matters, especially it belongs actually to my area of interest.

anyway, happy hannukah, yourself and everybody else who celebrates it ;)

eliyahu 
Posted on 16-Dec-2016 19:49:03
#5 ]

@Srtest

!כל הכבוד

-- אליהו

Templario 
Posted on 17-Dec-2016 9:28:50
#6 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu
The cabbala language, good to make a special app for Amiga.

Hypex 
Posted on 17-Dec-2016 14:37:23
#7 ]
Elite Member

@Srtest

That's an interesting eye you have there. Rather like a jewel of the nile.

I must say until you came along I didn't really think of the Amiga impacting Israel or of an Amiga community there. So it's good to see you join us here and show us how more world wide spread the Amiga is. I'm also happy to know of an Israelite fellow into the Amiga. Do you know any others?

Look forward to reading more of your posts. Also wish you a happy Hannukah. As I have a merry Christmas.

Srtest 
Posted on 18-Dec-2016 2:16:44
#8 ]

@wawa

It's interesting you said non-believer and not non-religious. That's kinda a modern view, to seek the belief system behind the structure of religion, seeing as the first monotheistic was a believer before being religious or Jewish - Abraham. It's a view both newer from recent years and fundamental at the same time. Not so long ago the question was religious and non-religious. In Israel it's a constant thing between religious and non-religious, Jews and Arab both.

Then come the hollidays and you see that whatever meaning they once held it no longer applies. Generations and the historical context and taking things out of that context made from it something else. Hannukah became a holliday long after the origin of the orders and codes of cunduct, the codex called the Torrah was sealed. Later it was expanded to the Bible. Hannukah isn't from the bible so its religious importance is much less significant than other hollidays. It's from the time when Greeks controlled this land which some call Palestine and some the land of Israel and about a rebellion that took place here where it was perceived as a miracle that a certain situation occured that made it possible to win a certain battle and light a certain candle so it became a symbol of fighting religious oppresion.

Time passes and things change and what was once a few sentences that say - light 9 candles on a holliday to signify that day, changes much due to it being long after the events that were sealed in the bible (believe them or not). That helped shape it and it took a different kind of light, a universal light that is much simpler to grasp. So communities can celebrate it together. Passover was the same way because it was written differently a long way from Israel so it became about a meal and a story told over that meak and not simply going to Jerusalem and praying like Muslims go to Mecca. That's where I come in Celebration is not about religion and you don't even have to be a believer. I beleive people give meaning not some ancient institution. Hannukah can be about eating donnuts and latkes and it can be a question and a relation and if tradition tells you something and impacts your life. My favorite holliday is Hannukah because of that light. That's also the only part which it has in common with Christmas - both have candles and lights and share a season and a calender of sorts.

So thanks and if you want to continue if this forum has a "non-related" section then I'd be happy to and by all means.

_______

@eliyahu

Toda raba

@Templario

FYI, the Cabbala is some fringe society output on metaphysics which results in a discussion of demons and angels and spiritual sphears. It's like jumping while someone removes your trampoline. In Judaism it's considered simplistic ramblings of visions and constantly writing. It isn't taken seriously and is considered fit for celebrities and so they are the ones who go for it and you heae about it from them, as actual stuff from the ancient texts are pretty difficult and people study them for years. Spiritually of course you can do whatever makes it work for you I'm giving you the side of the religion. I prefer to enter the mage's sphere in Baldur's Gate 2

@Hypex

I took a pic of an eye posted of pixel art (which I love) at an Amiga place I can't remember, and added as the pupil one of the icons from the game Burntime which is a favorite of mine.

Commodore back then had a official representative here called Eurocom for a short while and I got the A1000 from them (like the c64 before that). They didn't provied much of a support but was better than no support I guess... and of course the Amiga was a comp that taught you and you figured out ways to do it yourself and here I'm talking about my dad as I was a kid.

The community here was small (I don't know if it reached 100 people), however they were in the spirit of Amiga of collectively joining some freaks and geeks and creative, gadget loving people. The video toaster was very popular in that community and I know of someone (who I bought a cd-rom and scsi card from) who continued from the video toaster to a video editing teaching position on a respected institution and introduced the students to the Amiga and the video toaster.

Quote:
Do you know any others?

That's a sore topic. I met a group on facebook which moderator was a total douchbag. He is that guy I keep mentioning of being dissapointed with whatever while being nostalgic and talking about old games, that is the lowest form of Amiga talk I know, not because talking about games such, just if that is all you do than I question it it's about the Amiga or maybe a console that was called the Amiga. And you know what sucks the most? that he is a guy the symbolizes those that we should approach and present the option of what currently is available. I tried it and got a typical response about "Amiga" and not Amiga. That and of course and being a douchbag, so I no longer with that group. My videos acutally try to circumvent this person.

Thank you and of course I wish you a merry Christmas and joy and light that touches believers and non-believers and Amigans.

Templario 
Posted on 18-Dec-2016 16:41:31
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Srtest

tonyw 
Posted on 18-Dec-2016 22:15:24
#10 ]
Elite Member

@Srtest

Thank you for the most intelligent thread I've read here in years. A happy Hannukah to you and all your family.

Hyperion Support Forum: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle