Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
27 crawler(s) on-line.
 55 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  50 mins ago
 Gunnar:  54 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 21 mins ago
 eliyahu:  4 hrs 3 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  4 hrs 5 mins ago
 Marcian:  5 hrs 10 mins ago
 michalsc:  5 hrs 11 mins ago
 vox:  6 hrs 31 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  FE update USB problem.
Register To Post

PosterThread
Yogi27 
FE update USB problem.
Posted on 11-Jan-2017 12:17:18
#1 ]

Hi Everyone,

I have an AmigaOne 500, and I updated with the latest update from Hyperion. Anyways, the changes they made to the USB system has caused some problems. I had to return back to the old usb system before the update. For one, when I would have a USB massstorage device plugged in and rebooted, after it rebooted, it would show the device as not initialized. Then I would pull it out and plug it back in, and it would see it just fine. Another problem, after the computer is idle for a while, the mouse would stop working. I would have to unplug it, and then plug it back in again. When I returned to the old USB system, everything is fine again. I think, the changes they made to accomodate some Logitech devices, broke other devices.

(I really want an X5000!)

Yogi

Profile     Report this post  
Spectre660 
Re: FE update USB problem.
Posted on 11-Jan-2017 12:31:59
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Yogi27

It might be helpful to specify what model USB devices are you using.
I have a Sam460ex and have not had any USB issues with the AmigaOS 4.1 FE update 1 .

outrun1978 
Posted on 11-Jan-2017 12:36:45
#3 ]
Cult Member

The USB issue on a Sam 460 was a known issue before this latest update..... Just unplug the item and plug it back in again 😀

Hypex 
Posted on 11-Jan-2017 15:17:52
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Yogi27

It seems all the Sams have this unplugging problem. That started with the A1 hotplugging problem. Have you tested a powered hub?

Yogi27 
Posted on 12-Jan-2017 11:46:54
#5 ]

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I have a self powered hub, and that fixed the problem on my A1-500 until this update. The mouse I am using is the A-Eon Boing Ball Mouse Black, and the USB stick is SanDisk 16GB.

The A1-500 does have alot of hardware problems. Mine was one that had the onboard audio problem because of the missing resistor. I really with Acube would have done a better job making these. I have worked around those problems and the computer is pretty solid now.

Well, maybe my A1-500 just hates this usb update for some reason. LOL :)

Yogi

Hypex 
Posted on 12-Jan-2017 14:56:55
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Yogi27

A missing resistor? Oh no! Are they trying to create a bad tradition?

I wasn't aware of the audio problems.

But the missing mouse has been a problem for years. I've seen it on a 440. Of course these machines are picky where you plug certain devices like mice and keyboard in.

This is a major problem because if it loses USB sync on the USB stick then you can end up with a corrupted filesystem.

Usually a device not initialized would be an unrecognised filesystem or missing RDB but it should see it as FAT or whatever. I did read of some problem where leaving a FAT stick in caused issues as it tried to boot for it. But that doesn't make sense, why would try to boot it, it's not a PC?

Yogi27 
Posted on 13-Jan-2017 12:28:28
#7 ]

@Hypex

The audio thing is well known. They had to release an updated AHI driver for the A1-500 to try and reduce the problem.

Honestly, I am really disappointed in Acube, and I probably would not buy another computer from them. They really blew it on quality control. My friend has an A1-500 to and it is really unstable.

Looking forward, I know the A-Eon Computers are better quality it looks like, and I will be getting one of those.

Back to the problem, I have fixed it for now, just wanted to put it out there in case anyway else was having problems, and I looked forward to getting a new A-Eon AmigaOne. We even have a dealer here in the USA finally!!!

Yogi

Spectre660 
Posted on 13-Jan-2017 12:45:57
#8 ]
Elite Member

@Yogi27

Glad that you got it working.
The only problem that I have had with my Sam460ex has been the occasion non working mouse on boot.
I have not had this problem since installing AmigaOS 4.1 FE update 1 .

Instability can be caused by the cpu overheating .
The newer Sam460ex/cr boards were sold with a fan.
Anyone with an instability problem without a fan should try installing a fan on their cpu.

Last edited by Spectre660 on 13-Jan-2017 at 12:48 PM.

bennymee 
Posted on 13-Jan-2017 17:59:45
#9 ]
Cult Member

@Yogi27

My A1-500 is rockstable, but it is the Red-One, sold by Relec, may be they use USB-compatible and tested mouse/keyboards. Offcourse the machine hangs sometimes, but it is mostly a Grim Reaper from the OS. Then it would be handy if we had a complete memory protected OS and just kill the task.

And no more problems with the dozens of Windows machines I have assembled in very price-range.

But yes, customer support from A-Cube could be better, at least faster response and a normal working webshop.

Last edited by bennymee on 13-Jan-2017 at 06:02 PM.

whose 
Posted on 14-Jan-2017 9:23:34
#10 ]
Cult Member

The "missing resistor" thing was handled by ACube quite fast and in a quite good manner, AFAIR. Yes, they missed this in a batch of SAM460ex boards. It´s a bad thing, but never happened again, AFAIK. I will see when I receive my used SAM460ex lite board .

Regarding the USB problems I strongly believe in a problem with the hub driver (EHCI USB port, that is). I have really interesting things happening here with my SAM440ep, if I plug in mice via a self-powered hub (D-Link, reports itself as "USB2.0 Hub, Action Star, Version 1.6" model, known to be good with Linux). The hub is reported as "Produkt: USB HID" in the "Structure" view. I don´t think that this is done correctly, because the real report says "USB2.0 Hub". In the "Function" view it is shown as using "bootkeyboard.usbfd" driver, which is even more strange.

The mouse is shown as "Multifunction-function" (?) if not recognized correctly, but if it is recognized correctly, it is shown with it´s correct product and manufacturer ID in both views.

My Cherry XeroMouse is recognized once in a few times and works fine, IF recognized. It is always recognized correctly if used with the OHCI ports (without net hub). It even works, if the keyboard fails (which happens from time to time. It is connected to the upper rear port in order to access UBoot on startup).

So, for me this isn´t a hardware problem, it is a software problem.

Cass 
Posted on 11-Mar-2017 20:29:57
#11 ]

@Yogi27

massstorage.usbfd v53.37 (02/02/2014) mounts an 8GB Verbatim STORE N GO usb stick, but massstorage.usbfd v53.83 (27/11/2016) fails to do so :
Quote:

USB Fkt Init | Init Fkt | Fkt 0x38ad5700 is {Vendor: 0x18A5, Product: 0x0302, Class: 00.00}
USB Fkt Init | Init Fkt | Fkt 0x38ad5700 initialized
USB FD fkt start | BindInterfaceDriver | No interface driver of fkt 0x38ad5700/ifc 0x47d89180 {Class 08.06} has been found
USB FD fkt start | FD launcher | Could not bind any suitable interface driver for fkt 0x38ad5700

The official change log:
Quote:

massstorage.usbfd 53.83

FIXED
o A crash could occurr during warm reboot;

There seem to be many differences regarding the file size:
Quote:

massstorage.usbfd.v53.37 157812 ----arwe 02-Φεβ-14 22:19:00
massstorage.usbfd 55780 ----arwe 27-Νοε-16 20:09:30

H/W : Sam440F@800MHz, Verbatim StoreNGo 8GB

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle