Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 112 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  9 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  29 mins ago
 joeyunderwood:  31 mins ago
 Sikharubel:  34 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  56 mins ago
 MagicSN:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 31 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 retrofaza:  2 hrs 5 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Agony unreal engine OS4
Register To Post

PosterThread
g01df1sh 
Agony unreal engine OS4
Posted on 23-Mar-2017 15:03:06
#1 ]

Hi All

could this be ported to OS4 I wonder if the guy would be interested as this is still in development and only a demo. Or maybe some of the clever guys on here could help. It looks stunning and would be cool to have it back on the platform it started on.

https://www.generationamiga.com/2016/06/27/agony-2016/

Wii with Amiga emulation
Vampire v4 SA

Profile     Report this post  
pavlor 
Re: Agony unreal engine OS4
Posted on 23-Mar-2017 15:29:07
#2 ]
Elite Member

@g01df1sh

I like the original version more.

hotrod 
Posted on 24-Mar-2017 12:31:28
#3 ]
Elite Member

@pavlor

That is so interesting with remakes, sometimes they can be so close to the original but still there is something that's missing.

I played the Monkey Island remake and while it's so nicely done it just isn't the same. I can't really tell why that is, if it's nostalgia or if it's that the old-school graphics is funnier somehow, a combination or what it is.

Then I really love the MI theme-song in the Amiga-version, it's so well done and a friend from back in the day that was a Mac-user and had a very negative opinion towards the Amiga came to visit and he really loved the Amiga-version of the song. Then he saw me run MI 2 and multitask to DOpus 4 and suddenly it completely changed his mind and he never ever said a bad word about the Amiga again :) .

Anyhow, when playing new games with an old-school style it doesn't mean that it's automatically better just because of it so nostalgia definitly matters to me at least. The impression of what they did on that very machine matters too I think, like with Agony that is a well made game for the A500/OCS/ECS-machines.

Thanks for the link though, gotta give it a go!

ErikBauer 
Posted on 25-Mar-2017 13:33:15
#4 ]

Quote:

g01df1sh wrote:
Hi All

could this be ported to OS4 I wonder if the guy would be interested as this is still in development and only a demo. Or maybe some of the clever guys on here could help. It looks stunning and would be cool to have it back on the platform it started on.

https://www.generationamiga.com/2016/06/27/agony-2016/

I'm really impressed, it is quite difficult to capture the style and feeling of an old game, mostly due to completely different HW. But you can tell there is a lot of love and attention to details in this project: looks really good and manages to look really connected to the original. I'm curious to know if it can stand joypad at hand.

I do not know what are the capabilities of the newest OS4 machines, but I doubt there is any chances to get UE ported (the game is built on top of that).

Check my Amiga gameplays (ITA)!

Hypex 
Posted on 25-Mar-2017 15:50:34
#5 ]
Elite Member

@hotrod

I suppose it's like with anything. Most of these games are modern cover versions. That are inspired by the original but not recreated by the orginal creators nor are any offical endorsement. Like a fake DIY remix (a fakemix). Or an AmigaOne.

We see this as films. With modern remakes. And taking an old story and retrofitting it for the modern age.

Sometimes this just doesn't work. Some things really only belong in their time and just don't translate well into another time. Others just come off looking fake and a rip off.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle