Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
25 crawler(s) on-line.
 138 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

agami

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  39 secs ago
 matthey:  7 mins ago
 kolla:  14 mins ago
 amigakit:  38 mins ago
 Rob:  53 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 RobertB:  3 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  World War III Coming?
Register To Post

PosterThread
jingof 
World War III Coming?
Posted on 28-Apr-2017 20:10:46
#1 ]

My liberal friends are asking, why do we suddenly care so much about North Korea. Isn't this just Donald Trump distracting us from his failures and "fleecing of America".

I think what is driving the urgency is that Kim Jong Un is verging on new capabilities in a number of areas (ie. h-bombs, submarine launch-ability, ICBMs etc). Even Obama told Trump that North Korea was “the most urgent problem he’d face”, because of capabilities KJU is verging on. For example, KJU claims to have conducted a first test of a small-scale h-bomb in January 2016. Some scientists believe that test failed, but if KJUs claims are true, we’re witnessing the first baby steps toward a new level of destructive capability for KJU, as h-bomb are around 5,000 times more powerful than an a-bomb. H-bombs are a bigger step up from a-bombs, than a-bombs are from conventional. For example, when Russia tested their “Tsar Bombs” h-bomb in 1961, the blast was so massive, they said if it exploded in Berlin, it would have shattered windows in London. Can you imagine a world where Kim Jong Un has that kind of capability, loaded onto ICBMs or launch-capable submarines? Is it better that we let him get that far? And does anyone really believe that more finger waging will deter him? And who among us has the confidence in KJU’s long-term abstinence of using these world-ending weapons once acquired, that they're willing to bet all our lives on it?

Given that NK is still at a state of war with the US and South Korea (only a cease fire was ever signed from 1950 Korean War), has the last 65 years just been a long pause in fighting in the mind of Kim Jong Un, while the Kims gather more strength? And is our past complacency an excuse to keep watching NK, with gobsmacked looks on our faces, while KJU completes his grandfather's mission to destroy the US and reunify Korea by force? Are we the proverbial frog in heating water that eventually boils to death because the process was gradual?

It's so hard to have a conversation these days about difficult topics, with so many people (especially Americans) spending so much time and energy hating the USA - fixated on it. How the US is to blame for all the world's problems today, how we are the only country to ever drop atomic bombs on civilians, etc. And that is why we can't take any action to protect ourselves against real and credible threats, because we always do more harm than good, so we should just shut up and sit in the corner and let the bombs fall where they may.

As if all the self-loathing and handwringing in the world is going to do us one bit of good, once Kim Jong Un has perfected his h-bomb and ICBM. I'm sure KJU is delighted to see that we are all so busy tearing ourselves apart, that we scarcely noticed what he's been up to these last few years. The left has been so busy and distracted with in-fighting, blaming Trump and hating conservatives, that they scarcely noticed the gathering storm outside our collective window. So, when Trump finally does point out, "hey, look at that terrible storm outside", the left actually thinks Trump is the problem. That he is trying to distract us from his failures and "fleecing of America" by pointing out the now very real and credible threat that Obama permitted to grow.

Now that KJU either has an h-bomb, ICBMs and launch-capable submarines or verges on it, there's no easy answer here. But one thing is clear; if we continue as spectators only, in 4 to 7 years, the North Korean threat will likely be hundreds of times greater as they perfect their h-bomb and delivery systems. And on that day some years hence when KJU has that ready h-bomb arsenal, loaded onto accurate, long-range ICBMs and mid-range subs, who wants to take the bet that he won't then roll his tanks across the DMZ, and right into Seoul?

KJU is Hitler #2 and we are living in 1939. But this time, Hitler has nukes.

Damn scary times we are living in.

Last edited by jingof on 28-Apr-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Last edited by jingof on 28-Apr-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Rob 
Re: World War III Coming?
Posted on 29-Apr-2017 17:47:43
#2 ]
Elite Member

@jingof

Quote:
My liberal friends are asking, why do we suddenly care so much about North Korea. Isn't this just Donald Trump distracting us from his failures and "fleecing of America".

The far left have thrown common sense out of the window and far too many liberals are buying into it.

You need to show your friends this pretty comprehensive timeline to show this has been building up since at least the early nineties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-15278612

Russia made a huge mistake when they installed the Kim dynasty and now the world can't afford to ignore the problems brewing in the Korean peninsula.

jingof 
Posted on 30-Apr-2017 1:16:46
#3 ]

@Rob

Quote:
The far left have thrown common sense out of the window

So true. Beyond that, I think the left stance today is a war on common sense.

Quote:
show your friends this pretty comprehensive timeline

Wouldn't do any good. They are so committed to their belief system and disbelief of anything from Donald Trump, that no amount of logic or history will "unstuck" them.

I don't think they even know the North Korean war never actually ended. That it is a frozen conflict, that could thaw at any moment.

Quote:
Russia made a huge mistake when they installed the Kim dynasty and now the world can't afford to ignore the problems brewing in the Korean peninsula.

Absolutely. Russia bears huge responsibility for the current situation, as does China. Not only because Russia installed the Kim dynasty, they also gave them a huge amount of funding and military backing. After the US withdraw from South Korea, giving them their independence, Stalin and Kim sensed blood in the water and co-plotted the invasion of South Korea, along with Mao Zedong.

Worse, China, South Korea and Japan let the Kim's put their cities within range of their nukes in the 90's and early 00's and did nothing to stop it. In fact, China has given the Kim's huge trade and financial backing, so they feel their cities are safe because they've been friendly to NK. How compassionate of them to care nothing about the 22 Million in Seoul and 34 Million in Tokyo, so long as Beijing is not in the cross-hairs.

And now people question the US' motives, when it's our cities at risk. But why the hell does the US have to fix this and other threats around the world. The world hates the US and Britain for stopping this kind of shit, but they do ABSOLUTELY nothing themselves to stop this. In fact, they often aid and abet these threats.

After 65 years, Russia and China's chickens have finally come home to roost. The US granted freedom to South Korea. That was our crime. Yet, once again, the US will have to spend its blood and treasure to cleanup the messes of other world powers, all the while being opposed by those very powers. Russia and China should be leading the charge to clean up their 65 year old mess. Unfortunately, it is far more likely Russia and China will oppose any action the US might take, to prevent KJU from putting US cities in range.

Last edited by jingof on 30-Apr-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Wol 
Posted on 2-May-2017 21:10:46
#4 ]

@jingof

Wow there's some serious bullshit and half truths spoken here, almost comedy.

Wol.

Rob 
Posted on 3-May-2017 13:52:29
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Wol

Quote:

Wol wrote:
@jingof

Wol.

Why not join the discussion?

jingof 
Posted on 3-May-2017 19:09:15
#6 ]

@Wol

Quote:

Quite the contrary.

Some of this is about history.

Some of this is about potential futures.

Of course, the later will always include suppositions and opinion. That is unavoidable - no body _knows_ the future. But the historical aspects of this discussion are fact based.

Remember, a hydrogen bomb is 5,000 times (or more) more powerful than an atomic bomb, because it works on the principle of nuclear fusion - the same force that drives the Sun. (A hydrogen bomb actually explodes an atomic bomb (fission) internally, to trigger the much larger fusion reaction, by compressing the explosive material, in much the same way the Sun's extreme gravity does at its core.) So, detonating a hydrogen bomb is like exploding a very small star on the surface of the planet. With an outcome the likes of which the world has NEVER seen. So, is that detonation something you think just anyone should be able to do, on a whim, because he thinks he's a God? If not, how can you see this differently, than that KJU must be stopped before the threat he represents goes from grave to existential?

Last edited by jingof on 03-May-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Last edited by jingof on 03-May-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Last edited by jingof on 03-May-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Last edited by jingof on 03-May-2017 at 07:13 PM.

A1200 
Posted on 6-May-2017 0:41:43
#7 ]
Elite Member

I say get a Milspec A2000 and stop worrying ;)

jingof 
Posted on 7-May-2017 18:28:07
#8 ]

@A1200

Quote:
I say get a Milspec A2000 and stop worrying ;)

Yeah.. not much I can do about it either way.

I have an AmigaOne X1000, an Amiga 1000, 3000, Commodore 128, and a MiniMig.

But I've been out of the Amiga scene for a while. So, I am familiar with the classic A2000 system, but I don't know the term "Milspec". Is that a supplier? Can you send me a link?

number6 
Posted on 7-May-2017 20:36:14
#9 ]
Elite Member

@jingof

Quote:
but I don't know the term "Milspec". Is that a supplier? Can you send me a link?

Sure.

Military Spec

Dandy 
Posted on 29-May-2017 11:12:07
#10 ]
Elite Member

@jingof

Quote:

jingof wrote:

KJU is Hitler #2

[irony]

Where is the unique Hitler moustache then?
I prefer No. #1's hairdo over KJU's...

[/irony]

Quote:

jingof wrote:

and we are living in 1939. But this time, Hitler has nukes.

It was just this weekend that I watched an documentary on TV about an Austrian local history researcher who discovered a secret entrance to the tunnels of a secret NAZI facility, built beneath the village of Sankt Georgen (Austria) by the inmates of KZ Mauthausen-Gusen II subcamp (code-named 'B8 Bergkristall') in early 1944, and entered them with a camera team despite a ban by the Austrian authorities.

They descended into the tunnel system BELOW the aircraft production facility and started to explore it.

As they were suspecting a utilisation of this site beyond the production of the Messerschmitt Me 262 on a storey below the secret aircraft production facility, namely as a secret NAZI nuclear weapon developing facility.

Hence they were carrying a Geiger Counter when descending into the tunnels.

They aborted their exploration tour through the tunnels when the Geiger Counter showed values 'above seven' (no mention of the units used) and returned to the surface.

Subsequently they called for a turnaround of the offical Austrian position not to allow the exploration of the sealed NAZI facilities and for a public research.

This is giving fresh fuel to rumours that Hitler might very well have had nuclear weapons ready by the end of WWII...

Dandy

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle