Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 136 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  34 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 billt:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 47 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 53 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs ago
 Tuxedo:  4 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  How would the Tories unworkable plans affect the Amiga scene.
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rob 
How would the Tories unworkable plans affect the Amiga scene.
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 5:18:42
#1 ]
Elite Member

I was reading through this article which bullet pointed what the Tory party would have to do to reach their unworkable goal. I picked the bullet points which would affect the Amiga Scene the most.

* All major code repositories, such as Github and Sourceforge, must be blocked

* Proprietary operating system vendors (Microsoft and Apple) must be ordered to redesign their operating systems as walled gardens that only allow users to run software from an app store, which will not sell or give secure software to Britons

* Free/open source operating systems -- that power the energy, banking, ecommerce, and infrastructure sectors -- must be banned outright

This is not an endorsement for Jeremy Corbyn, for that you'll have to go to the Daily Stormer. I shit you not.

Profile     Report this post  
Overflow 
Re: How would the Tories unworkable plans affect the Amiga scene.
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 7:44:38
#2 ]

@Rob

Wow, Daily Stormer was quite the trashsite. That aside, if it makes anyone vote for Corbyn, Im all for it (Norwegian checking in).
USA had their chance for change with Bernie, so I hope Brits doesnt fail to vote Corbyn in.
Establishment media has done the same with Corbyn as they did with Bernie, so IF he even equal Theresa May in the election, its a massive blow to the conservatives.

That said, looking at the Democrats in USA, they have not learned the right lessons from their defeat, and IF May just edges out a win, Im sure she will go back on her 180s on things like the amnesia tax etc.

Same happened in France. Macon is a neo liberal shitshow. Media focused on Macon vs Le Pen, but marginalized Jean-Luc Mélenchon. Cant have REAL change.

Great.

thellier 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 8:37:11
#3 ]

@Overflow

>Same happened in France. Macron is a neo liberal shitshow. Media focused on Macron vs Le Pen, but marginalized Jean-Luc Mélenchon. Cant have REAL change.

Exactly
It seems that no one that voted for Macron has readed his program before voting : in fact it is the most neo-liberal president we ever have
He is a pure product of the Séguéla/Attali propaganda
(Advertising+NeoLiberal) 'He is young, He is sexy, He is new, He is not from old parties"

What a pity

Please read all the programs before voting and note the proposals as + and -
Be sure that not all the + will be done dont be a fool
But be sure that the worsts - will happen

Alain Thellier - Paris - France

outrun1978 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 8:49:57
#4 ]
Cult Member

@thread

Not sure discussing politics helps to create harmony in the Amiga world. For what it's worth I already voted back on the 25th of may via post and it most certainly wasn't for the leader of a party and his troupe who consistently over the years have voted against every anti-terror legislation have also sympathised with terrorists such as the IRA, Hamas ans Hezbollah. One of them Dianne Abbott regards Al-Qaida as à dissident not terrorist group.

It should be noted that for at least 20 plus years which cover the last time Labour were in power we have been subjected to hate preachers on our local shopping parades and quite frankly little has been done about it due to these people cleverly staying within the letter of the law or using the human rights act to be prevent their deportation. I sadly used to live near the infamous Finsbury Park mosque in London where Abu Hamza and the rest of the idiots used to hold court every week in the middle of the street brainwashing people into their warped ideology

Let us not forget too Tony Blair's insistence that we join in on wars in Iraq based on a flawed dossier of intelligence....

Sometimes regime changes are not always the best idea look at the mess in Libya for example...

J'Bar 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 8:56:46
#5 ]

@outrun1978
I could not agree more well put

Overflow 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 9:03:34
#6 ]

@outrun1978

Dont take this as a personal slur, as its more a testiment to the failure of media than anything else;

But how can you possibly equate Corbyn with Tony Blair? Its the reason why the labour establishment has been trying to topple Corbyn, since he is trying to uproot the neo-liberal fraction in Labour.
The same happened when Bill Clinton took over as the new democrats in USA. Neo-liberal turn, deregulating Wall Street. Bush pushed for NAFTA, but it took Clinton to actually sign it.
Bernie wanted to fight that rightward move of the Democrats.

Equating Corbyn with Blair, is the same as equating Bernie with Hillary.
Surely you see how ridiculous/uninformed that perspective is...?

And again, its not a poke at you mate, I LOVE your blog!!!

Ill compare this with a more local story from my own real life;

A friend of mine is in the country council here in Norway. I asked her "why on earth are you staying in this shitshow of a local party? Your father left it and created an crossparty that included people from many parties that wanted to throw out the wasteful old guard from the County house".

Her answer to me was "My father joined the new party and working that angle. Fine. Im staying to clean up this shitshow, fixing the party!".
I equate what Corbyn is doing with what my friend concluded with. And there is much sanity in that perspective.

Last edited by Overflow on 08-Jun-2017 at 09:07 AM.

outrun1978 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 9:11:57
#7 ]
Cult Member

@Overflow

Am not equating Blair with Corbyn the two couldn't be more different, however the two come under the same umbrella party which tend to be a lot favourable to the demands of these types of people masqueraded as their human rights

Terrorists when they decide to kill innocent people have no human rights, in short these people are not even Human they are scum of the earth and should be denounced as such

OlafS25 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 9:13:57
#8 ]
Elite Member

@Overflow

a political discussion on a amiga forum... very dangerous

here in germany the left are on the way down for different reasons

one reason the majority is happy with the economic situation so the typical all is black vote for us and we save you from left parties is not working

then the refugees crisis and all related security problems were maximised in states with left government and traditional conservative parties are general more trusted. In case of holy angela I do not understand that fully because she has partly caused the problems too, for me I cannot trust the whole current government anymore but the majority easily forgets.

regarding Macron, france has deep economic troubles so people hope for change, also Macron is young so more attractive. Of course age is not always meaning someone is better but on TV he or she makes a better impression. That is how human work

OlafS25 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 9:19:47
#9 ]
Elite Member

@thellier

I think people are unhappy with current situation (expecially the young people) and voted for change. In germany we went through harsh reforms years ago, for some time situation even went worse before it got better. Finally only private companies can build up enduring and real employment not government. Jobs Jobs Jobs are the most important thing, when enough jobs are created any problem can be solved

you can call it neoliberal if you like but that is how it worked in germany. France avoided any real reforms for many years, like italy and other countries, the results can be seen when you look at unemployment rates

Overflow 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 9:21:04
#10 ]

@outrun1978

Do you ever ask yourself if Theresa Mays insistance on sales of weapons to the Saudis to be used in Yemen will have a backlash? Do you think people in the middleeast are blind to the weaponsales to dictators?

Take Saudis and how aware we are they are basicaly ISIS creators, and I dont belive for a second May is ignorat to this. Article from Finacial Times;

https://www.ft.com/content/8bba2ab4-2b00-11e5-8613-e7aedbb7bdb7

Quote:

The veteran Arab diplomat had warned the Bush administration what would happen in Iraq and the region if it went ahead with the 2003 invasion. But it was also Prince Saud, Arab officials say, who told John Kerry, US secretary of state, last summer after Isis surged back from Syria into Iraq, that “Daesh [an Arabic acronym for Isis] is our [Sunni] response to your support for the Da’wa”, the Shia Islamist party that has dominated Iraq since the fall of Saddam Hussein’s minority Sunni regime — with varying degrees of support from Washington and Tehran.

Additionally the wikileaks of Hillarys/DNC emails showed she was very aware that Saudis are funders of ISIS.
And this is the family/country spreading fundementalism around the region AND the world; your (and our) trading partners.

You just throwing out the term "terrorist" without any background perspective is why people like Tony Blair, May, Trump/Hillary, Marcon etc are in power.

Take the EU; overproduction flooded into the African continent, undercutting the price of local farmers/producers. Result collapse of the social structure there. Financial terrorism maybe?

You have to take a step back and see what WE are doing, before trying to take the moral highground.

Overflow 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 9:25:22
#11 ]

@OlafS25

A political discussion is actually needed.

Its infintly more important than most of the stuff we discuss here, as long as we try to keep it ON topic, and not make it personal.
Exchange of information is required for enlightenment.

Take Ron Paul. Hes preaching alot policies I disagree with, but I belive he is fundamentally HONEST and are geuninly caring for people. So I rather have him as president in USA than any of the corporate democrats.

Rob 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 9:37:36
#12 ]
Elite Member

@Overflow

Quote:
Wow, Daily Stormer was quite the trashsite.

To be expected from a neo-Nazi site really.

Quote:
USA had their chance for change with Bernie, so I hope Brits doesnt fail to vote Corbyn in. Establishment media has done the same with Corbyn as they did with Bernie, so IF he even equal Theresa May in the election, its a massive blow to the conservatives

I still think it's a shame the Democrats screwed Bernie over for a witch like Clinton. A year ago I would have supported Corbyn but I don't have any confidence in him now. I don't trust the Tories either but I think they have a better chance of sorting the EU issue out even if that means walking away.

Quote:
hat said, looking at the Democrats in USA, they have not learned the right lessons from their defeat

Still with the we were hacked, the evil Russians rather than admitting that Hilary is not fit for office, let alone running the country.

Quote:
and IF May just edges out a win, I'm sure she will go back on her 180s on things like the amnesia tax etc.

My mum is about to sell her home to move into sheltered accommodation, she has dementia and if she goes into permanent care she gets to keep £23,000 to pass on to my brother and I whereas the Tories are proposing she could keep £100,000. People have already been forced to sell their home to go into care England so I must have missed something if this proposal is worse. I suppose if you've got a million plus in asserts the current system is better but for those that are not so wealthy it's a bit shit.

Quote:
Same happened in France. Macon is a neo liberal shitshow.

Just an EU puppet. He came out to the EU anthem when he won and when he met Putin he had the EU flag next to the French flag when he should be representing France alone.

Anyhow. With regard to the Tories proposal it sucks that they seek to take more Freedoms from us when they don't even understand how things work. Thankfully I don't think their plans are workable so hopefully won't have an effect and if they do they can at least be reversed. It wouldn't have any effect on the Jihadi problem anyway because studies show that they are mostly radicalized in IRL than online. One of Lee Rigby's killer was linked to Anjem Choudary as was one of the London Bridge attackers.

Overflow 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 9:46:26
#13 ]

@Rob

So you seem to agree with me, but you still land on voting for Theresa May, which is the continuation of the establishment that has gotten us to where we are now?

Zyriza in Greece was saying the right words, and won in Greece, but beyond their finance minister Varoufakis, they turned out to have no spine and are following the auterity policies of EU.

If Theresa folded in 2 seconds when she got pushback over the Amnesia tax, and are now saying the right things to get votes, what makes you think she will be able to stand up to Donald Tusk in tough negotiations with EU?
She has already shown EU leaders she crumbles when presented with serious pushback, so they are probably quite gleeful with joy if she remains Prime minister.

OlafS25 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 9:58:49
#14 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Bernie was too left for USA I assume, for western europe his views propably would be seen pretty normal but for USA he was almost seen as terrorist

still it is quiet funny that people see a billionaire as representive of the small and poor, how it looks right now Trump is the anti robin hood, take from poor and give to the rich. Hardly surprising in my view. Hillary was the worst candidate democrats could offer, the only one loosing against Trump.

regarding England, in germany we have to sell our homes too if care is not covered by health insurance and income. In worst case you have to sell all you have before. I think too it is not fair that you loose everything at end of life, all you worked for and saved.

Rob 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 10:00:04
#15 ]
Elite Member

@Overflow

Quote:
She has already shown EU leaders she crumbles when presented with serious pushback, so they are probably quite gleeful with joy if she remains Prime minister.

Then the UK public has to push her harder the EU can. JC has folded to them already by agreeing to pay they arbitrary exit bill which has no legal basis anyway. That is our strongest card to play. With JC as leader we might as well have not bothered voting to leave last year.

Fantastic news for all the SJW types that were indoctrinated in university over the last 20 or so years though.

Overflow 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 10:01:33
#16 ]

@OlafS25

Bernie wasnt too left for USA.

Ive seen alot of polls and interviews with Trump supporters, where they said they would have voted for Bernie if that had been an option for them

Then you have the media blackout of him. People cant really vote unless they know of him.

Which is why I pointed out the failure of media in my first post. As Noam Chomsky coined it "Manfacturing consent".

OlafS25 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 10:03:40
#17 ]
Elite Member

@Overflow

you are from norway so talk is cheap regarding greece...

there is more than one truth here

greeks digged themselves in the grave, they cheated inside euro, then made lots of debts still with wrong statistics and finally had to admit they are bankrupt

then in my view there should have been a clean solution, greece going bankrupt and leaving euro, the investors who were giving all the money without thinking should have taken the losses, if necessary nationalised by governments. That would have been better for greece too even though hurting at beginning. Instead they started to save the banks before making losses and greece that is not really willing to reform and change started a long time starving.

OlafS25 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 10:07:45
#18 ]
Elite Member

@Overflow

at least he could not have been less popular than Clinton

she is a deeply unpleasant person, her frozen cold professional smiling, her bahavior and what she did. She was pushing Obama to attack Lybia, I saw here in a report when she got the information that gaddafi was killed, she jumped around like a small child at christmas. We here in germany have now the problems because of that... I personal hate her, women are in many cases not better suited than man

Overflow 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 10:08:37
#19 ]

@Rob

So you will push Theresa May AFTER she has won the election? You know that will fail completely.
Only reason she is letting herself be pushed around by her electorate is cause she wants your votes. Once she retains/increases her power, she will be a standard policitian like Alexis Tsipras in Greece;

Hurt his own citizens with austerity at the behest of EU. Just cause UK voted for Brexit, dont think that means tradepolicies wont be formed that most likely will hurt the masses. Just look at TPP/TTIP and the surrendering of the courts to corporation lawyers contained within those documents.
Its downright scary.

Norway isnt part of EU, but we accept EU regulation at a greater frequency than most EU countries. Our politicians then goes off to get nice EU/NATO jobs as a thank you for being good servants of neo-liberalism.

Its a great revolving door, and YOU are left to pay for it. Espesially we keep voting for it blindly.

Overflow 
Posted on 8-Jun-2017 10:14:18
#20 ]

@OlafS25

Why is talk cheap just cause Im from Norway?

I realise I dont have personal expirience with the problems they are facing, but its possible to draw wisdom from looking around, collecting data, learning from others and see if you see similarities in your own backyard.

Additionally, with an increasingly global economy, we NEED to look at a bigger picture, since the mulitnational corporations for sure are.

Greeks digged themselves into the grave. I guess, but thats like Puerto Rico, the leaders of a country take up debt, spending more than they can afford. Making themselves massivly weatlhy in the process. When the ship sinks, they run off with the money, and the citizens is left with paying the debt not incurred by them.

Its a fantastic concept. Bailouts of corporations and corrupt politicians, no matter what.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle