Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 110 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

RobertB

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RobertB:  3 mins ago
 ktadd:  12 mins ago
 Rob:  16 mins ago
 MichaelMerkel:  47 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 1Mouse:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 Allanon:  2 hrs 22 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  AmigaOne X5000 PowerPC.library (Fail)
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sir_RUSH 
AmigaOne X5000 PowerPC.library (Fail)
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 0:00:43
#1 ]

Hello,

It seems my message before didn't transfer all the way. So I'll type it again. Hello everyone, I'm seeking some help with my AmigaOne X5000. I recently received it and after being assured it was checked and working well.. After connecting Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor, I powered it on. It was sweet to see the Logo appear and soon after it becomes animated. Cool.

Sometimes it doesn't "change" to the animated logo and I have to press Reset for it to start over. Or...it'll get past the animated and be stuck on the Amiga OS Final Edition Pre-Release..and the HDD light will stay bright. After a few times of this I've come to understand it's not validating, it's literally "stuck" so a reset or Power Off usually takes care of that. I'm no so please about that, but that, again, isn't the main reason for this post...

The boot partition partition isn't okay. Currently I have it not mountable to protect it from anything. But, what I noticed is...I copied Timberwolf over as well as Payback PPC and 68K, as well as my Nightlong PPC. 68K. Timberwolf errors from Objects not being found which are there. When running PaybackWOS the powerpc.library is recognized as V7 but fails to load. I used SnoopDOS and that's the report. If I start Payback from shell, then it indicates powerpc.library isn't there but in libs it shows as it's there with the correct filesize.

Interesting this is.. I make a new partition, copied Amiga OS 4.1 Final Edition from the included USB Flash Drive to the new partition as well as Timberwolf, and the rest to it. Reset, held the buttons for the Boot Menu. selected the partition and boot. Soon, new Partition is the SYS...and Timberwolf ran without a problem. Exits the same way (after I set the saving of tabs). However, powerpc.library is NOT being noticed by any of the games.

I downloaded WarpOSEmu.lha and confirmed the filesizes. So, anyone have suggestions? I'm thinking something in U-Boot, now that I know about that, might have something to do with it??

Appreciate any help. Ask whatever and I'll attempt to help if I'm able. So, the originally shipped partition data is bad. I'm glad to know the USB data is good. Hmm... I understand I could run the 68K version of Payback, but WarpOS or Emulation, is part of what I bought it.

Last edited by Sir_RUSH on 06-Jul-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
Rob 
Re: AmigaOne X5000 PowerPC.library (Fail)
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 0:10:59
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Sir_RUSH

The WarpOS emulation isn't compatible with systems that came after the the Eyetech AmigaONEs. You could try ReWarp instead.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 2:56:23
#3 ]

@Rob

At first I sighed, but then I noticed I missed the 3D file. I'm noticing it's crashing before it gets INTO the game. I'm glad it seems to have full Keyboard access, unlike the 68K version so far. But crashes after the choice of (first) MAP.

I shall check into it further. I appreciate the reply, Rob.

SACC-dude 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 3:52:32
#4 ]

@Sir_RUSH

Start fresh! Reinstall your os4.1.1 using NGFS!

BEFORE you Add one thing at a time...ask about it's compatibility.

smf 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 6:27:04
#5 ]

@Sir_RUSH

To get timberwolf running first install the version on aminet and on top of that you install the files from os4depot.
os4depot has a later version but it lacks some files.

It's probably wise get sfs running on your machine and install it to that partition until there is an update to ngfs since i read about some problem on hyperions support forum (that has been fixed) with certain programs like timberwolf and ngfs.

About the boot animation not showing up that's nothing i have ever seen, maybe you need to connect a serial cable to your machine and see what's going on..

daveyw 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 6:40:40
#6 ]

@Sir_RUSH

Quote:
it'll get past the animated and be stuck on the Amiga OS Final Edition Pre-Release..and the HDD light will stay bright. After a few times of this I've come to understand it's not validating, it's literally "stuck" so a reset or Power Off usually takes care of that.

I have literally just had this happen for the first time. My first thought was, oh god, my SSD has died.

A1200T 40Mhz 68040, OS 3.9

K-L 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 7:16:48
#7 ]

@Sir_RUSH

WarpOSEmu won't work on X5000. Try ReWarp but all is not compatible yet.

Nightlong PPC won't work any more, even with ReWarp (I managed to get it working with WarpOSEmu on my former G4 and Radeon 9000 Pro, you had to switch to 16bits mode and install RTGMaster).

PayBack PPC : I think this one might work with ReWarp. i did not test it.

Well, with so many games available on AmigaOS 4.1, you could now try them

TimberWolf : forget about it, unfinished and way slower than Odyssey.

tlosm 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 11:41:55
#8 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

more software you test more rewarp will be fixed and working.
the important is report the issue and the reaper logs to the autor of rewarp

warposemu dont work on x5000 like dont work on sam and for sure will not work on tabor.

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

jabirulo 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 12:46:32
#9 ]

Just tested Payback.WOS and its too slow loading, I get tons of '[vaa_InstFaultHandler] pCur->VMA.Flags = 0x00000040':
[_impl_AddTask] Adding Task 0x5EFA1540, windowfade.task (0x0203D71C)
[_impl_AddTask] Adding Task 0x617382A0, windowfade.task (0x0203D71C)
[_impl_InitResident] Initializing native autoinit Warp3D.library V53, priority 0
[_impl_InitResident] Warp3D.library V53 initialized
[_impl_AddTask] Adding Task 0x5610FA30, windowfade.task (0x0203D71C)
[_impl_AddTask] Adding Task 0x5610F190, windowfade.task (0x0203D71C)
[_impl_InitResident] Initializing native autoinit powerpc.library V18, priority 0
[_impl_InitResident] powerpc.library V18 initialized
[vaa_InstFaultHandler] pCur->VMA.Flags = 0x00000040

Using rewarp's powerpc_lib

Usign m68k payback.exe works fine, some gfx glitches and no Warp3D (at least here).

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 17:41:18
#10 ]

@Rob

It's crashing every time right before the game screen should show. I went back to the ReWarp site and looked again at the info. It shows to make a file in ENVARC:Warp3DPPC/ and the options to use but doesn't inform what the file should be called. So I used "Warp3DPPC" as the file then "ReWarp" and some other combinations but not anything seems to be helping.

Nightlong shows a blank white screen...still checking there.

Any thoughts, Rob, or anyone?

Glad to know that powerpc.library is at least making things accessible now.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 18:33:50
#11 ]

@SACC-dude

Greetings,

I have the Classic 4.1.1 but it doesn't boot well with AmigaOne X5000. Unless I notice a crash quick enough and click "Kill". But I will format a new partition with NGFS and copy the contents of USB Backup to it. The copy over the other programs including Payback and Timberwolf.

I had searched compatibility for Payback 68K/PPC but I'm starting to wonder if that was meant only for X1000, or pre-X5000. Slight argh... All showed that it is possible to run them....with some effort.

Appreciate the reply. I'll now make that partition and check how it goes.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 18:47:50
#12 ]

@daveyw

Hello.

Why would you _have_ it happen? It happens Once in a while with this X5000... I, too, wondered if my Hard Drive suddenly had a problem. Then I've wondered about the Radeon. It doesn't happen with enough frequency for me to really wonder about which hardware, or RAM yet..

But, yeah, I did wonder, "What....is......happening??" Haha. I have encountered a couple validations happening. So, it's not like my Amiga 4000..when writing to Hard Drive or CompactFlash, it's a little different with this PPC hardware. I wasn't really thinking I'd have to diagnose so much. Slight sigh...

pavlor 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 18:58:35
#13 ]
Elite Member

@Sir_RUSH

Quote:
Timberwolf.

Any specific reason to use this one over Odyssey?

Your A1 crashes with any software or only with old buggy like Payback? Some old games simply don´t like OS4.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 19:53:26
#14 ]

@K-L

Greetings!

WarpOSEmu won't work on X5000. Try ReWarp but all is not compatible yet.

-- I have discovered that. Haha! I was about to send it right back to Amiga-Kit when I discovered the powerpc.library wasn't loading. "Oh, no, no, no....I'm not dealing with hardware arriving broken." But being an Amiga 4000, 500, etc, user...I also know we sometimes have to look further into things. Hackers machine and all that. Well, I'm very good with Classic Amiga (still seems funky to me to call it "Classic". I now know WarpOSEmu won't work, and it seems to have ended in development.

-- I am currently attempting with ReWarp, but the "Config" for it is missing info. Otherwise, without the ENVARC:Warp3DPPC/ stuff Payback 68K and PPC ARE loading. I have full keyboard support with PPC version except that it crashes JUST as the "game" data is loaded and just before the Game Screen displays after the menu.
The 68K version, I don't have access to the Cursor keys in the menus. When the game get to the actual game, the speed looks like the PPC version, but "enter"...to get into cars is not working. I'll check into that more soon.

-- I now notice I did not look into "Warp OS" emulation well enough. Grumbling.

Nightlong PPC won't work any more, even with ReWarp (I managed to get it working with WarpOSEmu on my former G4 and Radeon 9000 Pro, you had to switch to 16bits mode and install RTGMaster).

-- I got it working decently with 68K version sing 16bit screen...though the character has graphic "glitches" around it like an "Aura", haha. Otherwise, it Looks great and sounds the same. PPC version is presenting a pure Gray screen.

PayBack PPC : I think this one might work with ReWarp. i did not test it.

-- It does, sort of, but crashes just after data is loaded for main game. Using ReWarp without a ENVARC config.

Well, with so many games available on AmigaOS 4.1, you could now try them

-- My main thoughts were to be able to play some of the classic Amiga 4000 CyberStormPPC games and then get some of the older 68K programs working. Since my CSPPC's PPC isn't working and WinUAE is really awesome, but...not the speed of a real PPC.. Soon, I'll also check Wipeout. I have a Windows box with XP and Win7 installed for Windows games...though Windows isn't an Amiga OS, I don't really need to repeat Amiga OS with ported versions. I'm a little frustrated about Payback and Warp OS emulation. Debating about the machine... I like it a lot, and I want to support Amiga's evolution but...I also want that older stuff to work. It's actually why I bought it. Maybe I'm too sentimental...?? HA!

TimberWolf : forget about it, unfinished and way slower than Odyssey.

-- I got this working. It does really well using Standard File System. Not so well, for some reason, with NGFS. I have never been one too concerned about major speed. Though it can be very nice. Timberwolf or TimberWolf is Firefox, and I love tabs. It's a pretty quicker browser and I've noticed some bugs. Like when exiting it, there is a memory leak. But anyway, it's cool and so is Odyssey.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 20:00:34
#15 ]

@tlosm

more software you test more rewarp will be fixed and working. the important is report the issue and the reaper logs to the autor of rewarp warposemu dont work on x5000 like dont work on sam and for sure will not work on tabor.

I'm going to check into sending a bug report. I go to the site to find the address soon. Is is still being developed? Last release date is 2016. I think you have a typo in your run-on sentence, but I got it figured. I'm not using WarpOSEmu anymore. Now that I know about it.

pavlor 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 20:04:44
#16 ]
Elite Member

@Sir_RUSH

Although ReWarp is still in development, X5000 now is not well suited for WarpOS games. If you bought X5000 mainly to play WarpOS titles, then you will be disappointed. However, there weren´t many such games I would miss today (Heretic II comes into my mind).

As of playing games, there are many great emulators - eg. FPSE (PSX).

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 20:05:20
#17 ]

@pavlor

Quote:
Quote: Timberwolf. Any specific reason to use this one over Odyssey? Your A1 crashes with any software or only with old buggy like Payback? Some old games simply don´t like OS4.

For testing. It was fun to test and check with my CSPPC before the PPC stopped working, and to test with WinUAE.. So, I figured I'd use it as a testing for this X5000. Besides, I really love Firefox tabs. I use also Directory Opus 11 tabs a lot, too.

If Chrome existed for Amiga I would not use it. I do not like Google's tracking stuff. That just for fun info.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 20:18:06
#18 ]

@pavlor

Quote:
Although ReWarp is still in development, X5000 now is not well suited for WarpOS games. If you bought X5000 mainly to play WarpOS titles, then you will be disappointed. However, there weren´t many such games I would miss today (Heretic II comes into my mind). As of playing games, there are many great emulators - eg. FPSE (PSX).

I am somewhat disappointed, but......but....I'm looking at it beyond just the WarpOS games. WinUAE does well but still some improvements to be made in PPC emulation. I really considered staying with WinUAE, but a real and faster PPC machine than CSPPC's was a real consideration. Besides I really want to help Amiga evolve. I don't care to have a mindset that "Classic" Amiga is the only good one. That causes mental stagnation.

I see possibilities with ReWarp! I'll send a big report once I know where to send it.

A new wonderment is...why are not all of my 4GB of RAM being seen by Amiga OS 4.1? Shell's Avail shows 2GB... Boot menu shows 2 GB but BIOS is showing 4GB, both Socks are shown as 2 GB each. Hm!!

I really wish more information had been shipped with it other than just Motherboard details. I guess having the Internet around is the reason for that, eh?? Wink! Giggling.

Okay, now....to check into WHY...Payback 68K doesn't have access to cursor keys and "return".

pavlor 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 20:35:57
#19 ]
Elite Member

@Sir_RUSH

Quote:
A new wonderment is...why are not all of my 4GB of RAM being seen by Amiga OS 4.1?

32 bit OS with 31 bit adress space limitation = 2 GB. Note OS4.1FE can use memory above 2 GB via Extended Memory Objects. I think only Ram Disk supports EMO right now. (see AmigaOS blog post about EMO for more info)

Edit: As of Payback problem, maybe this thread on AmigaOS support forum helps?

Last edited by pavlor on 06-Jul-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 6-Jul-2017 20:39:20
#20 ]

@SACC-dude

Quote:

SACC-dude wrote:
@Sir_RUSH

Start fresh! Reinstall your os4.1.1 using NGFS!

BEFORE you Add one thing at a time...ask about it's compatibility.

I created a new partition using NGFS, and copied over the contents of a previous partition formatted with Standard Filesystem (FFS). Everything went fine, and that also included a functioning Timberwolf. Meaning, when it runs...starts and all tabs (5) show. When exiting the programs it exits and saves fine. No crashes at all.

Reboot, don't have the partition as a priority boot yet. So, doing so through Amiga Boot Menu. Once Workbench is loaded, I go into that partition via the Icon, locate Timberwolf and run it. It starts as though it was run for the first time. Exiting it...it crashes. Reset the machine, repeat everything again...and runs as through first time...when exiting, it crashes again.
Reset, this time let the previous "Good" partition of WB load. Run Firefox. It starts with all the tabs. It also exists fine. I make the new NGFS the main Boot partition. Reset. Workbench loads...run Timberwolf and it runs as though "new"..when exiting, it crashes.

Went back to the previously good partition, made it the priority boot. Now I changed the Filesystem to Standard. Reformatted, after resetting...and now copying files to what used to be NGFS. Once copying is done I'll boot it...and check.

File copying to Standard is slower than SFS or NGFS but...so far it seems to be stable...after doing this a few times now. Hmm...I wonder if there's a bug in the ports of SFS and NGFS for the X5000? I've also noticed "read error" prompts.....at times.....with using them. Clicking Retry seem to resolve it...but I'm curious.

Slight sigh....I'm wondering if I'm going to have to buy an actual CD for this machine..??

Anyway, if this goes well after file copying then I'll go ahead power off the machine and connect the USB Backup, boot off that, and redo this current partition I'm copying to with NGFS and see if that fixes it. If not....then I'm really wondering if the X5000's USB installed backup also is corrupt some how?

A bit of wondering and checking, no conclusions yet.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle