Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 121 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 BigD:  29 mins ago
 OlafS25:  31 mins ago
 kolla:  50 mins ago
 amigakit:  59 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 Frank:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 MickJT:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 49 mins ago
 outlawal2:  3 hrs 24 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  XMas & bonus salaries coming. New Amiga like OSes releases, and valid HW we can buy?
Register To Post

PosterThread
Raffaele 
XMas & bonus salaries coming. New Amiga like OSes releases, and valid HW we can buy?
Posted on 17-Nov-2017 10:49:49
#1 ]

Title says all...

Profile     Report this post  
number6 
Re: XMas & bonus salaries coming. New Amiga like OSes releases, and valid HW we can buy?
Posted on 17-Nov-2017 15:51:43
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Raffaele

You might get more responses on English Amiga Board.

Raffaele 
Re: XMas & bonus salaries coming. New Amiga like OSes releases, and valid HW we can buy?
Posted on 17-Nov-2017 16:14:25
#3 ]

@number6

Do you think that at this point there are lesser core users investing their money in Amiga present on Amigaworld, rather than on EAB?

number6 
Posted on 17-Nov-2017 16:34:45
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Raffaele

Investing?

I'll let you compile actual sales figures and expressed interest numbers for Vampire and compare with the same numbers you believe exist for NG.

s/w wise...I'll also let you compile sales figures for the time period when Cloanto sold AmigaOS4, and compare with Hyperion and their outlets direct sales figures for the same time period.

I think you could take into consideration all the interest on both EAB and Amiga.org concerning all that Olaf and Thomas have had to say about classic as well.
Not to mention all other classic h/w additions continually discussed on those and other websites.

I can only offer opinion on this, and I therefore won't try to convince you of any truth.

I will, however, take the sarcasm? in your thread title a step further, since I have expressed this thought before.

Waiting to release product (in general) until after the holiday season when gifts have already been purchased and the public at large is suffering credit card debt....
(you finish the sentence)

Last edited by number6 on 17-Nov-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 19-Nov-2017 8:37:49
#5 ]

@number6

Well no sarcasm in my title. Just a provocation to see if there are things moving in the calm water under the mud of Amiga pond, rather than announcements of retrocomputing accelerators and random sights of new Operating Systems on A4000 PowerPC based machines occasionally sporting screenshots of new Mail software...

Just the things that a community need as Santa gifts, as long Santa could afford it, after he spent the big money of December for paying necessary providers bills and let the home running, you know...

(And yes. Now that's sarcasm!)

Last edited by Raffaele on 19-Nov-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Kay 
Posted on 23-Nov-2017 8:14:23
#6 ]

The time when I could justify spending large amounts of money on hobbies is sadly past, at least for now. I remember I had little trouble justifying expensive Amiga hardware back when I was a computer science student.

It's less than two years since I built a house and made a baby, so money is still tight. If I am to get a Christmas present for myself at some point this year, it will probably be an XRGB Mini, to better hook up my classic computers and consoles to a modern TV.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle