Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 94 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  2 mins ago
 amigakit:  30 mins ago
 Maijestro:  42 mins ago
 Hypex:  43 mins ago
 fingus:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 dirkzwager:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 amigagr:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 MagicSN:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 53 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Software
      /  TELMEX Install Part 2
Register To Post

PosterThread
Paulthetall 
TELMEX Install Part 2
Posted on 18-Jan-2018 19:10:02
#1 ]

Alright I reinstalled the OS 3.9 and all boots fine now. Now 1 thing is left... The Telmex CD.

I was so smart to put the file with telmex drivers on the hardisk, but it cant install because of the telmex cd needs to be in drive :P Anyways, I put the cd0 in devs/dosdrivers and the telmex.atapi file in devs. But the CD0 doesn tget recognised. When I go to the folder and of telmex software i can choose "find cd" cd and when i choose the telmex.atapi file it finds it, then I select it and click use. But it does not safe. Perhaps because cd0 isnt recognised? because when i go to bootoptions cd0 is not there. When I go to dosdrivers and doubleclcik the cd0 it says: cant open file CD0...

Help?

Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Re: TELMEX Install Part 2
Posted on 19-Jan-2018 14:07:52
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Paulthetall

You have OS3.9 installed. It came with CacheCDFS. Do you have that installed on the system as well? It has it's own drawer (mine is in Tools) and if there you could run the Install script to add a new DOSDriver.

OS3.9 has an option to install a CacheCDFS CD driver. But CacheCDFS does a better job. Since you have OS3.9 on there and that came on CD you should be able to grab the CacheCDFS off it.

I like to run the CacheCDFS installer directly when installing a new CD drive as I find it is the easiest to install with. I also know about the compact and disc situation. Bought a tower with CD drive from an Amiga retailer years go. Set it all up then found I had no driver to read the disc with. And I couldn't install a CD driver off a CD. So called the guy up and he sent me a disk with AmiCDFS on it. My second favourite CDFS.

Paulthetall 
Posted on 19-Jan-2018 15:55:41
#3 ]

@Hypex

Hi! Thanks for reply. I installed it on my SD card on a Windows laptop, an no unfortunatly it didnt came with the default install. Perhaps it does with the CD itself. So What do you suggest. Take out the sd again and put in cardreader laptop and put that package n that?

Hypex 
Posted on 20-Jan-2018 15:42:14
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Paulthetall

It is on the CD. It will be in some CacheCDFS directory. There is also an installer option for CD driver but the CacheCDFS one is better. You might have have a go at swapping the SD card into your laptop and getting it across. Now if the SD card is in Amiga format will you use UAE to copy it?

Paulthetall 
Posted on 22-Jan-2018 12:39:40
#5 ]

@Hypex

Thanks for answer. I updated the SD to Workbench classic. And added the telmex folder in a folder on the system drive. I have the sd now back into my amiga and there is no CacheCDFS in there as well? or other solution?

Hypex 
Posted on 22-Jan-2018 16:10:18
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Paulthetall

What's Workbench classic? OS3.1?

You said earlier the SD has Amiga OS 3.9 pre installed. So do you also have the Amiga OS 3.9 CD? This should have been supplied also to you. That's where you will find the CacheCDFS drawer.

Or you could try this classic. But I've never known it to have an installer. It has a few files so slightly a bit complicated without one IMHO. Especially when you need to scan for it.

http://aminet.net/package/disk/cdrom/amicdfs240

HDToollbox may help to find devices. IIRC it needs the ASKDEVICE tooltype to be set to ask what device controller to scan. Older systems didn't show CD drives in device list.

Paulthetall 
Posted on 22-Jan-2018 18:08:26
#7 ]

@Hypex

hehe yeah, thats correct, but then I re-installed because of issues with whdload and such, Workbech classic has all in place :) http://classicwb.abime.net/

Thanks, I will download that and put it on the SD and try again.

Hypex 
Posted on 23-Jan-2018 13:43:46
#8 ]
Elite Member

@Paulthetall

Ah I see. Not sure about this one, but a past experience from one of these Workbench packs is that is required the Workbench disk to install. Another thing to check is here where it mentions files for CDROMs.

http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/faq.htm

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle