Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 120 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  17 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 michalsc:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 clint:  2 hrs 34 mins ago
 amigang:  3 hrs 44 mins ago
 Tpod:  4 hrs 24 mins ago
 pixie:  4 hrs 29 mins ago
 Birbo:  4 hrs 43 mins ago
 Hammer:  4 hrs 50 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  ArtEffect4 & amiga Writer 2.2 problems
Register To Post

PosterThread
Gebrochen 
ArtEffect4 & amiga Writer 2.2 problems
Posted on 24-Dec-2008 6:53:03
#1 ]

I seem to be having problems with my new software(new to me anyway)

I have installed both, art effect 4 and amiga writer 2.2, and no text is displaying when I am meant to type in the registration key and my name??

I find it ironic how Warcraft 2, quake 3, doom 2, hexen, etc, are all working on my system. even heroes of roswell and crossfire 2 are working with no DSI's

Apart from Shogo, heretic 2 and freespace, the only other real program giving me some issues, but atleast its working, is my newly bought Imagine 6.
(350 dollars worth to get the product too)

But thats being dealt with by the guys at cad technlogies.

My real problem is, the demo had similar problems with art effect 4 but, the normal menu was displaying the text.

What to do? If no txt is displaying, then I may not be able to use this much needed design software, and writing software.

(please nobody mention the cygnix gimp, etc)

Also, feeble files gives me a white screen after the epic logo has loaded. Again, all new to me.

Maybe someone can direct me n where to buy candy factory 2, as I have looked for days over the web, and that zeoneo website isnt working. Nor is the email??

Also, how can I obtain a copy of photogenics to have it on my sam440ep, and what is the latest photogenics that would/will work on an amiga system?

OK, finally, but not last, for now I am more cncerned on getting art effect 4 and amiga writer 2.2 working, so its useable, any suggestions, or anyone who has this software working on a sam440ep with os4.1 please let me know what I might need or could be missing.

thank you.

Last edited by Gebrochen on 24-Dec-2008 at 06:54 AM.

AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com

Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Re: ArtEffect4 & amiga Writer 2.2 problems
Posted on 25-Dec-2008 15:43:50
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Gebrochen

Have you tried running Snoopy to see if something goes wrong when loading?

Apart from that, showing an image of the screen might help, but then again you did describe it.

swoodall 
Posted on 25-Dec-2008 18:38:22
#3 ]

@Gebrochen

I pulled out my AE4 CD and looked at the install setup. It wouldn't even let me try to re-install on my system for some reason (didn't like my device names), but if you are entering the registration info that must mean it is installed and you are running the exe for the first time? If so, it may just be a screen/font settings problem. Sometimes if you delete the default settings file it may startup with a safer default, so try deleting your ArtEffect4/settings/program2.cfg file and run it again. Then use the menu settings to choose a screenmode and font that works for you.

Maybe it's trying to use a screenmode or font setup which doesn't work with your system -- do you have the FakeNative modes working? Maybe snoopy can tell you what fonts it is trying to open.

Ho Ho Hope that helps.

Scott Woodall
(AE4.0.7 A1-XE OS4.1)

BrandonLee 
Posted on 25-Dec-2008 20:39:48
#4 ]

@Gebrochen

If the problem is no text, it seems to point to a non-existing font somewhere.
Check it out.

TheMartian 
Posted on 25-Dec-2008 21:19:30
#5 ]

@Gebrochen

Hi

Wasn't there an issue with AmigaWriter 2.2 and keyboard setup including the 'euro' character? I seem to remember I had a similar experience when selecting a 'euro' enabled keyboard setup. The box for entering the license failed to appear or work. After selecting a keyboard without the euro character AmigaWriter worked for me except for the odd nonfatal DSI and has done so ever since on my OS4.1 Amiga XE.

Merry Christmas

Rob 
Posted on 26-Dec-2008 1:26:25
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Gebrochen

Once everything is back to normal with Hyperion's website you should be able to download an OS4 version of Freespace.

So do you know if Cad Technologies have any OS4.x systems. I'd be tempted to buy it if there was a native version or just a native renderer. Do you still get a hard copy of the manual or is it electronic.

Candy Factory 2 was never released and Matthew Kille hasn't logged in here in over a year and the Zeoneo site was pointing to Amiga Inc's for a while before it went dead, so I doubt that he's developing anything Amiga related these days.

Photogenics can be purchased here. I use it on a regular basis on OS4 although it can be a bit unstable and works better with JIT disabled, but you always had to be careful when using it on a 68K Amiga anyway.

Gebrochen 
Posted on 26-Dec-2008 2:11:26
#7 ]

@Hypex:
I will consider the snoopy when the other methods fail from the other suggestions.

2Swoodall:
Deleting is always dangerous, but then, I do have the capability to re-instal from scratch. I will try your method after trying fonts option again.And keyboard.

@Brandon Lee:
Where do I look for it?
I went to MUI and selected my own fonts(there were non selected initially), probem is, I do not have a registered version of MUI, only what came with os4.1, is this a problem?

@The Martian:
I will look into it, just in case, as I did buy a complete system(nexus case) wit os4.1 preinstalled(never mind the repair upgrade I did after my fuk up with the icons) from Acube directly. Perhaps the keyboard hasnt been setup correctly, last I looked it was american I think? Perhaps UK keyboard would be better?

@Rob
Thank you, finally, someone gives me a link to the amiga version of Photogenics. I was looking everywhere on the net for this, I even went to Idruna site, and couldnt find an Amiga version at the time, dont know how you done it. Can one still buy photogenics from them do you know?
Also, where can I get the original Candy Factory in that case, if I wanted it in future?
Another thing, yes, Imagine 6 does show render when applying textures, but my perspective view and the quick render feature atm show nothing, but I as i ave bought it from Cad Techologies, i am working with them to resolve this for other amigans, well, correction, I am giving them my problems, and they are supposedly trying to resolve them, Will let you know in the new year.

Also, awaiting my Image FX4.5 studio.

And, in 2009 January, to make all aware here Hollywood 4 can be exected for us amigans obe released by softsoftwair.de. this is not me geussing, but what i have been told by the creator after contacting him for me to buy a newest version of his product.

@All, another update, I have gotton feeble files working, in the end did a reinstall with the manual by my side, and it only works in the 68K icon on my os4.1, but not the ppc version. wich again, I find amusing, considering I am using a PPC hardare here.

OK, I will try later some tricks here and see If I can get atleast art effect or amiga writer working, I assume once one of them works, the other will follow suit.

AmiKit 12

nbache 
Posted on 26-Dec-2008 3:36:31
#8 ]

@Gebrochen

Quote:

Gebrochen wrote:

@All, another update, I have gotton feeble files working, in the end did a reinstall with the manual by my side, and it only works in the 68K icon on my os4.1, but not the ppc version. wich again, I find amusing, considering I am using a PPC hardare here.

I wonder if maybe Feeble Files PPC will work with the WarpOSEmu: http://os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=library/misc/warposemu.lha

Worth a shot.

Without it, it sure won't, because it is most likely written for either WarpOS or PowerUp (or both), which both utilize the PPC processor of the old accelerator cards for classic Amigas in a very different way from how OS4 utilizes the PPC in the current systems.

BTW, AmigaWriter PPC works here (to an extent at least) on an A1 with the WarpOSEmu.

Best regards,

Niels

Last edited by nbache on 26-Dec-2008 at 03:38 AM.

Gebrochen 
Posted on 27-Dec-2008 4:29:00
#9 ]

@All

In the end my colleague and I had worked out, that it was a simple locale setting. It appears it did not like the newer version english setting in the locale. we had temporarily changed it to german, and it worked. After running snoppy, we found it was searching for the english catalogues.

So, Cleared all of the languages in the locale, then placed english again, and it worked. It was the generic english this time.

Well, atleast anyone else owning a sam440ep that may come across this problem will be able to fix it and resolve it effieciently, hopefully.

Thank you all for your tips and patience.

for some reason Quake 3 crashes on us reguarly, my question also for this, is there a standalone version, or can one only play in multiplayer mode?

@ Nbache:

Not sure, I thought I may have had the newest version downloaded already? What version is your warposemu?
Perhaps when I installed the software,it placed an older version on here, I will check it some stage. Atleast it works though.

wolfenstein also creates a slight issue, after blackscreen, nothing.

The quake 1 seems to work, but the in game graphics are a tad off, and show grey background as well as game, and it gets in the way of the gameplay, ofcourse. This same game works fine on my colleagues XE os4 machine.

Anyway, Cheers guys, and will hopefully be able to place something new on here via a topic post next year, keeping it a surprise for now.

cheers

Last edited by Gebrochen on 27-Dec-2008 at 04:32 AM.

AmiKit 12

Hypex 
Posted on 27-Dec-2008 6:19:48
#10 ]
Elite Member

@Gebrochen

Quote:

Let me tell you. Do not get confused between OS4 and PPC. Yes, your Sam is PPC hardware. But, PPC is a term referring to an actual Amiga with a PowerPC expansion card. So, in effect, OS4 and PPC are completely different things.

It's like expecting to run MacOSX software on my AmigaOS4 machine simply because both have a PPC processor. Okay, the operating systems are different.

So we have PPC, PUP, WOS, MOS and OS4. PPC is usually referring to both PUP or WOS. PUP is PowerUP, WOS is WarpOS, MOS is MorphOS and OS4 as you know is AmigaOS4.

PUP and WOS were different kernels for running PPC software on the PPC expansion cards. Hence, the WarpOSEmu is simply an emulation wrapper that fools old software into thinking it is running on an old Amiga PPC system.

Hope this clears a few things up.

nbache 
Posted on 28-Dec-2008 2:46:25
#11 ]

@Gebrochen

Quote:

Gebrochen wrote:
@ Nbache:

Not sure, I thought I may have had the newest version downloaded already? What version is your warposemu?
Perhaps when I installed the software,it placed an older version on here, I will check it some stage. Atleast it works though.

I have 16.40 installed, which is the latest one from November 2008, where Sam support was added. (I'm referring to my A1, though, I haven't tried AW on the Sam yet).

But the reason I mentioned it was that I thought you didn't have it installed at all, in any version, which appears not to be the case.

Best regards,

Niels

Gebrochen 
Posted on 28-Dec-2008 15:04:26
#12 ]

@nbache
Thank you for that mention, I may look at it tomorow after some much needed sleep.

I have just found out that I was missing something for my DVplayer also, A52.library and DCA.codec.

anyway, do you happen to know how to copy an existing image that one has just cropped to get the desired picture, into a newly made file in art effect??

for some reason, I also find it difficult to deselect a tool, how is this done?? Normally one would see an arrow type tool which indicates neutrality, like in Photoshop and perhaps other design programs.

Well, i think that is all for now, so If you can further assist me in this for now, so I dont have to open another thread for something as simple as finding out deselect and copy from one opened file to another new file within art effect(those design windows) that would be great.

Cheers.

AmiKit 12

Gebrochen 
Posted on 28-Dec-2008 15:07:53
#13 ]

@Hypex

That sounds like some handy information there, for now I hoe that I can remeber this when it is needed in future at oe of our amiga club meets here in australia.

Funnily enough, isnt greensborough is also in australia, perhaps come to the mount waverly amiga meet every third sunday of the month, around 2pm to 6m(I usually stay later, till about 8pm0

Cheers.

AmiKit 12

nbache 
Posted on 28-Dec-2008 23:36:05
#14 ]

@Gebrochen

Quote:

Gebrochen wrote:
@nbache
[...]
anyway, do you happen to know how to [...] in art effect??

Sorry, no idea. I'm SOL in any paint program newer than DPaint V .

Best regards,

Niels

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle