Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 117 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Hammer

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  13 secs ago
 OneTimer1:  5 mins ago
 pixie:  7 mins ago
 kolla:  10 mins ago
 Rob:  29 mins ago
 matthey:  33 mins ago
 amigakit:  53 mins ago
 corb0:  59 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 33 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga.com down?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
fryguy 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 13:12:50
#381 ]
Cult Member

Maybe they're finally sleeping with the fishes..

Profile     Report this post  
number6 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 14:30:26
#382 ]
Elite Member

@Varthall

Quote:
@thread

I'm lucky enough to be in the Seattle area these days, so I decided today to pay a visit to Amiga Inc's office in Snoqualmie. I have discovered that they don't have an office there anymore, and that another company has taken their ex-office:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff261/Varthall/Amiga%20Inc%20ex-office%20-%2014%20Feb%202010/

I have seen no sign of Amiga anywhere, and being Sunday morning there was no-one there to ask any information, but at least I could take photos freely. At this point I really wonder if they have any office at all.

ok. This is more or less confirmation of what we believed happened as early as a year ago when their landlord filed suit against them again.

legal sources posted by cgutjahr

mike 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 17:40:57
#383 ]

Ok,

Lets do some simple logic thinking.

A) The entire financial system falls apart. What do people with money "out there" want to do.
Answer:
Figure out what´s happened to every last dime.
B) Amiga Inc was an entity that gave the impression that they had a solid product. Which of course they didn´t, not including the rock solid snow man maker or the tip calc. So what happened?
Answer:
Everyone checked their books for irregularities, Amiga Inc, being one big irregularity lights up as a control board at a nuclear power-plant on fire.
C) Amiga Inc has willingly or not, deceived just about anyone they´ve come in contact with, why?
Answer:
They were probably pushing a Berny Madoff, until of course, the books could not be fixed anymore, contracts and dealings could not be ignored, and the stack of cards just simply fell in on itself.

Which leaves us with, you guessed it, JAIL.

Last edited by mike on 15-Feb-2010 at 05:42 PM.

⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ
Couldn't care less what other people think, seeing that there's concrete evidence they don't.

fryguy 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 17:45:28
#384 ]
Cult Member

@mike

D) They are spending all of the days packaging tshirts and shipping them. Ok not likely :)

mike 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 17:47:59
#385 ]

@fryguy

The number one supplier of snowmen to sahara, no doubt ;)

⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ
Couldn't care less what other people think, seeing that there's concrete evidence they don't.

steril606 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 18:03:33
#386 ]

We could do some kind of follow up for "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?". Would be a nice game for the X1000.

"Where in the World is Bill McEwen?"

ddni 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 19:11:35
#387 ]
Cult Member

@steril606

"Where in the World is Bill McEwen?"

and the community inspired sequel...

""Where in the World is Bill McEwen? Who gives a F***!"

linnar 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 21:51:58
#388 ]
Cult Member

Now it begins to make substantial violation here !!

SHADES 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 22:17:01
#389 ]
Cult Member

@BillE

Quote:

BillE wrote:
@Colin_Camper

Quote:
Well, I was scammed by the coupons so I can verify truthfully that Amiga Inc are thieves.

So can I.

When I stated that Bill McEwen is a thief it is not an opinion but a statement of fact. He stole from me and I have the email he sent as proof of payment.

Being fobbed off with a T-Shirt that was not the product originally advertised is illegal under UK advertising standards.

OMG. Of course it is, happens on E-Bay every damm day and on a much larger scale but get over it! they tried, they failed but it was not the intent, they struggle more than you hardly keeping afloat against alll these other giants that in your eyes are so much better than them like M$. Oh hang on, they will be fine won't they. I recon they have the support of their community don't they....yeah right.

I lost money from a coupon for them! pitty, i'd still like to see the company survive!. Hell I got my junky $2 T-shirt off them. Sure, it was a bad decision, so what, plenty of companys make those. I want AMIGA to survive, mistakes learnt from but if there is no company, wel....lol kiss your AMIGA good-bye!

Keep bagging AMIGA, let's see how much more this name can take before it's all gone and you can't even stirr up trouble and complain in a forum like this anymore.
Maybe then you'll be satisfid overAINCs failed attempt to create some noise about AMIGA

All this over a crappy $2 t-shirt not being recieved by you or some $50 coupon!. Good job.

That's just the way to bolster up AMIGA! keep painting! If we go this way, Hyperion will be next! go guys, go, make it burn. *sarcasim

Last edited by SHADES on 15-Feb-2010 at 10:19 PM.

steril606 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 22:34:12
#390 ]

@SHADES

So, why do you think AMIGA as a name for a computer system won't survive, just because one company that bought the name rights from Gateway won't seem to make it?

And for that "they have the support of their community"... This leaves me actually astounded.
Where have they been over the last five years (well, that's around the time I followed Amiga related news again)? What kept ole Billy from posting here? What keeps him now, clearing things up?

I think, the community gave Bill McEwen and his fellows lots of credit beforehand, and what ever came out of it?

10 lost years. That's it. I name it.

At least we have A-EON/Hyperion now, who seem to get what the community wants.

Not some big announcements ("better than Mac OS X"), that makes the Amiga community the laughing stock of the IT world, not some visions of grandeur that will never be achieved with the meager financial background the Amiga scene can muster these days ("OS 5 runs on any machine bla bla").

What people here, and that's including me is, some solid computer system, with a solid OS running modern stuff, you know, watching DVDs, hopefully one day Youtube, a Spreadsheet App, etc.
And that in a nice Case with the name "Amiga" slapped on it.

Nobody expects wonders here, and I think (well, wish actually) most people left in this scene know, that the road ahead will be rocky. SMP/MP, major apps, and all that Bells and Whistles won't come tomorrow.

That's all. Not more.

And Amiga Inc/KMOS/Amino, or however they were called during their operations, completely didn't get it.

So, not much lost here. Keep your tears for things worth it, Amiga Inc ain't that..

@Linnar: Bill, is that you?

Last edited by steril606 on 15-Feb-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Last edited by steril606 on 15-Feb-2010 at 10:35 PM.

number6 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 22:50:26
#391 ]
Elite Member

@steril606

Quote:

nope. This is Bill:

http://amigaworld.net/userinfo.php?uid=2536

He's got a ways to go to catch Tomazkid in post count.

linnar 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 23:23:00
#392 ]
Cult Member

I have spoken several times who I am, what I want, and what I think.

Right now, I think, an otherwise interesting Discussion, goes awry when you let someone run the gauntlet. The truth is that we know nothing at all about different people's roles in the affair Amiga. It is not based on any documents conclude that Bill McEwen is the most evil that exists. Bill's intentions were good right from the start and I guess that it remains so. I do not rattling off what we have to thank him for. It is enough that he was looking forward money to buy off the Amiga-related from Gateway. Without Bill, had been called OS .... no, just yes, there had been no OS4, forget it.

mike 
Posted on 15-Feb-2010 23:47:54
#393 ]

@SHADES

Ok, you want amiga to survive, who here doesn't, but does your definition/illusion/perception/idea of Amga surviving include a 50$ scam with promises they could never keep , and knew so, kept doing deals as if they did, only to be followed by a 5$ t-shirt you could use to wipe your bum with?

What we have here ladies and gentlemen, is an Operationl turnaround medhi ali could only dream of!.

Last edited by mike on 15-Feb-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Last edited by mike on 15-Feb-2010 at 11:54 PM.

⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ

SHADES 
Posted on 16-Feb-2010 0:19:16
#394 ]
Cult Member

@mike

Quote:

mike wrote:
@SHADES

Ok, you want amiga to survive, who here doesn't, but does your definition/illusion/perception/idea of Amga surviving include a 50$ scam with promises they could never keep , and knew so, kept doing deals as if they did, only to be followed by a 5$ t-shirt you could use to wipe your bum with?

What we have here ladies and gentlemen, is an Operationl turnaround medhi ali could only dream of!.

I am not illusional as I don't think you are stupid so I am going to just ignore that bit ;)

What I am saying is MOVE ON, get over it, there is a lot more damage being done than good by this community over a long time ago, faied buisness decision and all this garbage is only doing harm.
Yes, some got burnt $50 or whatever. I was one.
A lot of other companies have done much much worse. Build a bridge, harden the f#$% up and get on with it and stop being such a baby about it all.

$50 omg sob sob. I have lost more on e-bay and I still use e-bay.

If you are going to continually go back to prior and admitted mistakes and bad mouth the AMIGA name at every turn, you are only going to keep doing harm to AMIGA and it's name and anything affiliated to it including Hyperion who make.....AMIGA OS.

Last edited by SHADES on 16-Feb-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Last edited by SHADES on 16-Feb-2010 at 12:20 AM.

Inquisitor 
Posted on 16-Feb-2010 0:19:45
#395 ]

@linnar

Quote:
AInc value to 87miljon $ is a fictional figure is calculated by counting backwards in value Procom paid for their shares.

When you invest to buy x% of something, you always work in relation to the value of the whole. See for example:

Facebook investment puts spotlight on Microsoft stake

If Amiga, say, was worth $4M instead of $87M, then $2M should have given Prokom shareholders 50% of the company, instead of 2.3%. Either they paid too much, or they got too little. But there's always people who paid at the bottom, it's not "fictional". That's why regulation authorities have to intervene when these things happen.

number6 
Posted on 16-Feb-2010 0:25:27
#396 ]
Elite Member

@Inquisitor

I'm not sure if you're working with value based on the value of the internal shares? Last value I heard placed on that was 4 USD per, if that's of any interest. And that's NOT a recent figure.

Dandy 
Posted on 16-Feb-2010 6:08:47
#397 ]
Elite Member

@SHADES

Quote:

SHADES wrote:
@BillE

Quote:

BillE wrote:
@Colin_Camper

So can I.

When I stated that Bill McEwen is a thief it is not an opinion but a statement of fact. He stole from me and I have the email he sent as proof of payment.

Being fobbed off with a T-Shirt that was not the product originally advertised is illegal under UK advertising standards.

OMG. Of course it is, happens on E-Bay every damm day and on a much larger scale

That does not make it any better!

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

but get over it!

No.
Why should we?
If you don't wanna read it go and read elsewhere!

Appearently you are one of those loving scams and scammers like McBill and his gang...

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

but it was not the intent,

[sarcasm on]

Noooo - how could one think so - he took our money completely incidentally.
No purpose at all!

[/sarcasm off]

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

they struggle more than you

Reminds me of an old saying we have here:
"We are the fastest. While while everybody else is still slipping [->struggle], we already fell over..."

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

i'd still like to see the company survive!.

That's exactly what makes me think you're a fanboy of scamming/scammers.
I'd like to see the responsible person(s) to ba arrested, imprisoned and sentenced.
Hang 'em higher!

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

Hell I got my junky $2 T-shirt off them.

Then you got something - finally.
In contrast to me.
They took my money and gave NOTHING in return up to now.

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

Sure, it was a bad decision, so what, plenty of companys make those.

Maybe - but I'm not the social welfare office to keep them afloat.
If you are - fine.

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

I want AMIGA to survive,

My Amigas (the machines) are still alive.
Amiga (the company) just served as tax write off model and investors scamming scheme for the last decade.
They and their fate are not even peripherally tangent to me...

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

mistakes learnt from but if there is no company, wel....lol kiss your AMIGA good-bye!

I prefer no company over a company that is resistant to learning like AInc/McBill were.

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

Keep bagging AMIGA,

You mean "keep bashing..."?

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

let's see how much more this name can take before it's all gone

Just wait and see how much I and other (potential) customers can take before we're all gone...

If YOU love this fraudulous scheming, why don't you sent all your money to McBill and his gang?

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

Maybe then you'll be satisfid overAINCs failed attempt to create some noise about AMIGA

Mate, the difference between us is that I in contrast to you don't just want "some noise about AMIGA" to be created - I want REAL products to buy!

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

All this over a crappy $2 t-shirt not being recieved by you or some $50 coupon!. Good job.

Mate, you have a twisted perception of the reality!
While having been ripped of with 50 ¤ is a bad thing, the real pain in the #### is that an entire decade was wasted with boastful but empty promises!
Really an outstanding job!

EDIT:
Hit the "submit" button too fast...

Last edited by Dandy on 16-Feb-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Dandy

linnar 
Posted on 16-Feb-2010 6:37:30
#398 ]
Cult Member

@Inquisitor

Quote:

Inquisitor wrote:
@linnar

Quote:
AInc value to 87miljon $ is a fictional figure is calculated by counting backwards in value Procom paid for their shares.

When you invest to buy x% of something, you always work in relation to the value of the whole. See for example:

Facebook investment puts spotlight on Microsoft stake

If Amiga, say, was worth $4M instead of $87M, then $2M should have given Prokom shareholders 50% of the company, instead of 2.3%. Either they paid too much, or they got too little. But there's always people who paid at the bottom, it's not "fictional". That's why regulation authorities have to intervene when these things happen.

I wrote to Procom investment through shares can be a way to support Amiga Inc. but to commit to any hurry. I do not know how the law looks like in the U.S. but I guess it can be. Why would Procom be interested in buying parts of Amiga Inc?

When I write about the value of Amiga Inc. so I write about what you could possibly get paid for it as it is now. GM has a ursprunligt share value of many billions. But today is the paper that the shares are printed on more worth than the whole company.
An equity value varies continuously and not publicly traded shares to sell at the price you will agree.

Dandy 
Posted on 16-Feb-2010 6:48:13
#399 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@steril606

Quote:

nope. This is Bill:

http://amigaworld.net/userinfo.php?uid=2536

He's got a ways to go to catch Tomazkid in post count.

How does it come that his "num of complaints" is 0?
How does it come that he's "restricted for" 0 days, given how much he abused the "Amiga" name?

Dandy

SHADES 
Posted on 16-Feb-2010 7:16:25
#400 ]
Cult Member

@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:
@SHADES

Quote:

SHADES wrote:
@BillE

[quote]
BillE wrote:
@Colin_Camper

So can I.

OMG. Of course it is, happens on E-Bay every damm day and on a much larger scale

That does not make it any better!

-> No it doesn't, but complaing till the company folds from lack of support isn't helping your cause in getting your money back or anything for the future mind you. Not rocket science here Dandy.

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

but get over it!

No.
Why should we?
If you don't wanna read it go and read elsewhere!

Appearently you are one of those loving scams and scammers like McBill and his gang...

-> You should get over it because if you continue and grow in to an AMIGA hate group, there will be no more AMIGA
-> You don't know me very well bub. I doubt it.

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

but it was not the intent,

[sarcasm on]

Noooo - how could one think so - he took our money completely incidentally.
No purpose at all!

[/sarcasm off]

lol. I got my T-Shirt. Heck, I'd pay $2 just to stop you from crying :( lol

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

they struggle more than you

Reminds me of an old saying we have here:
"We are the fastest. While while everybody else is still slipping [->struggle], we already fell over..."

-> Well I've seen history where upset people cried witch and got people dead because they tried helping and it went bad, forget about sayings.

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

i'd still like to see the company survive!.

That's exactly what makes me think you're a fanboy of scamming/scammers.
I'd like to see the responsible person(s) to ba arrested, imprisoned and sentenced.
Hang 'em higher!

-> Fanboy ??? ohhhh noooo well then.... your obviously just a "hater"
Dude, you're on the wrong site. You need one for kindergarden bullies r us I think lol not (AMIGA)world . net

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

Hell I got my junky $2 T-shirt off them.

Then you got something - finally.
In contrast to me.
They took my money and gave NOTHING in return up to now.

-> Depends on how you look at it really. They also took my $50 coupon, but hey, I see it as a bad management decision. Even McEwen said so and that he would never have done this. Now I try to see it as a donation. I got OS4 developed in return, so did you.

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

Sure, it was a bad decision, so what, plenty of companys make those.

Maybe - but I'm not the social welfare office to keep them afloat.
If you are - fine.

-> Or pay for their computer, electricity and internet access I bet. "Murder!, I spent my last $2 on the AMIGA T and now I can't feed me kids!"
Don't make me laugh any harder Dandy.

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

I want AMIGA to survive,

My Amigas (the machines) are still alive.
Amiga (the company) just served as tax write off model and investors scamming scheme for the last decade.
They and their fate are not even peripherally tangent to me...

-> Which is wy it will be lucky if we ever see much more development now, you're all hell bent on little T-shirts, coupons and not about getting the company to a stage where it may even be able to fulfill those promises at a later date, heck, you just wana complain till it all falls down , point and laugh saying, witch, told you so, look she burns just fine.
My personal opinon is ...pathetic.

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

mistakes learnt from but if there is no company, wel....lol kiss your AMIGA good-bye!

I prefer no company over a company that is resistant to learning like AInc/McBill were.

-> Well then you do HATE AMIGA cause you just torched another thread in it's life. Well done Dandy, you winner! over a lousy T !

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

Keep bagging AMIGA,

You mean "keep bashing..."?

-> Umm, no, bagging will do, it means the same though, so now you are informed on a little more English slang. Seems to me you guessed yourself though, so why even ask?? LOL
Quote:

SHADES wrote:

let's see how much more this name can take before it's all gone

Just wait and see how much I and other (potential) customers can take before we're all gone...

If YOU love this fraudulous scheming, why don't you sent all your money to McBill and his gang?

-> Customers of WHAT! you don't want AMIGA to survive, your a customer of a burnt witch and no website LOL whatever potential you are talking about, you have just shot down in flames!

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

Mate, the difference between us is that I in contrast to you don't just want "some noise about AMIGA" to be created - I want REAL products to buy!

-> Well then your mind needs to learn how to stop HATING and step up to the plate and support a company so that it can create real products developed by itself, or hired to by others regardless of the mistakes it has made (even though it tried to make ammends on them) so you can buy something. The way you're going is only going to make sure nothing comes out under an AMIGA name again. omg. seriously.
-> OS4 is real, and was instigated to be created by...AMIGA...nooo!! um, yes, it was. lol
-> 3.9 was real too. Did you buy that, I believe Haag&Partner developed at the ask of.....IBM, no, hang on, ORANGE, no, Telecom? lol

Quote:

SHADES wrote:

Mate, you have a twisted perception of the reality!
While having been ripped of with 50 ¤ is a bad thing, the real pain in the #### is that an entire decade was wasted with boastful but empty promises!
Really an outstanding job!

EDIT:
Hit the "submit" button too fast...[/quote]

- I am not twisted bub, just because you can't see past your own actions is no cause to suggest I am. rofl
-> On your thoughts, it's still wasted. OS4 is a great development, SAM, and other H/W platforms that would have never of existed without AMIGA trying to get them developed. There is no.1 warehose of supermen that makes cpu, mainboard, software etc. They had to "outsource" to other companies to do what they could to get something together. I don't see the time a wasted, delayed, yes. The OS took longer than expected, but it's sounding pretty good to me. Pitty it's sales get hurt by you "bashers/baggers" till the company dies and you all go, this product was made by scammers trying to get your money for nothing.
-> It's not true. The company admitted publilicly it was at fault for a bad move and tried to rectify it as well as they could at the time. To me it's not as bad as you make out. Too bad you see it as enough to send the company to the gallows. I don't.

Last edited by SHADES on 16-Feb-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Last edited by SHADES on 16-Feb-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Last edited by SHADES on 16-Feb-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle