Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
28 crawler(s) on-line.
 127 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  9 mins ago
 Bruce72:  10 mins ago
 Rob:  42 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  58 mins ago
 t0lkien:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 Troels:  2 hrs 38 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 53 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 22 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Can someone make it clear once and for all ?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Franko 
Re: Can someone make it clear once and for all ?
Posted on 23-Sep-2011 16:06:17
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Mechanic

Quote:

Mechanic wrote:
@Franko

Quote:

It's all quite laughable and pathetic to be honest after all these years and like I said before everyone who still cares about the Amiga should do the same as I am doing, no-one will sue you and if anyone ever attempts to then they had better be able to prove in a court of law beyond all doubt that they are the IP/ copyright owners.

If Ainc showed up in court with proof that they have the source code to 3.5 and 3.9 would that
mean that they lied to the courts in the first place, many years ago?

Best thing they could do now with any of their claims is to burn any proof and continue
hoodwinking everyone they can. Perhaps all they bought was new clothing for the emperor ,

and maybe that is all they have to sell.

Like I have said if anyone, be it Amiga Inc or some other party could in actual fact show conclusive proof in a court of law that they are the rightful legal owners to all aspects of Amiga Hardware IP or software copyrights then why have they never done so.

I've spent months now going over this and like I have said through various legal experts who have looked over all the available evidence going right back to the liquidation of Commodore and more specifically the Amiga side of things.

They are all more than satisfied because of the evidence that is available there are too many cases of all these transactions not being carried out to the letter of the law to make them waterproof and legally binding and as such all subsequent transactions that took place after the liquidation fiasco could by any half decent lawyer or legal team be proven in a court of law that all these transactions are legally void due to the shambles of the liquidation in the first place.

It's like I say though, no one actually cares any more except for those who speculate on these forums and as such it's all pretty pointless and a never ending waste of time.

If folk really want to know the truth then do as I have done for the past several months go back to the beginning and read everything very carefully and show it all to legal experts and you will pretty soon get the same answers I have, that other than some trademarks no-one can prove to the full legal satisfaction that the law requires that they own anything in this whole sorry shambles...

Profile     Report this post  
DAX 
Posted on 23-Sep-2011 16:32:05
#22 ]
Elite Member

@Franko
You should tell the kickstart replacement project guys they are wasting their time (and to those who donated, "you have been scammed!") .
Look, there is a monstrous difference between "a guy" and a few files, compared to USE the original source code to produce something, following your reasoning, you should be able to arrange an OS based on 3.1, call it Amiga OS and since nobody can claim anything to the full extent the law requires, you will get away with it.
So my advice is: stop the small fish thing you're doing, be a real man and do the above!
Simply put, no one will bother as long as you keep it insignificant (let alone pointless forum ramblings).
But there is a line there, cross it, and someone WILL go over the hard work of producing what they need to produce in order to stop whomever is hurting them, stop daydreaming about it.

Last edited by DAX on 23-Sep-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Last edited by DAX on 23-Sep-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 23-Sep-2011 17:15:26
#23 ]
Elite Member

@DAX

Thought I'd made it obvious by now what my interest are in this case but if not then let me explain it very clearly so that even you can understand...

I am only interested in having the Workbench disk sets and kickstart rom images available for free download and not have to hide that fact. I no longer use the trademark name "Workbench" which is Cloanto's only legal claim instead I just rename them as WB 3.x main disk, WB Fonts disk etc...

As for others like the kickstart replacement project, well I have no interest or use for that so those guys can do what they wish and find out for themselves the answers to any questions they may have, what they do is neither my business nor concern.

I've been "crossing the line" with this for months now and no one has came forward to complain, sue or even query me on this (despite letting all relevant parties know what I have been doing) the only ones who seem bothered are the armchair lawyers who hang around the forums speculating on things they obviously have analysed properly.

The only one daydreaming here is you with you obvious attempts to try and convince me to do as you mentioned in your post but it won't work with me mate, I'm happy doing what I do and don't even consider myself a "small fry" in any of this nor am I daydreaming about anything. I'm perfectly happy making WB disk sets from 1.3 to 3.1 and all kickstart rom images free for download to anyone who wants them, that's what I do and that's all I'm interested in.

So instead of your not very good attempt at getting me to do something you want me to do, then man up and do is yourself...

PS: No one will ever step forward unless someone starts producing something that makes money, then you may see someone come forward with proof of ownership as that's the only time they will be bothered, is if they think their is money to be made and it's most likely the reason why no one has bothered me as there is no money involved and nothing for them to gain...

DAX 
Posted on 23-Sep-2011 17:51:45
#24 ]
Elite Member

@Franko
I don't want to convince you about doing anything actually, and if they are not bothered that much go figure how much it can bother me...
Peace

vox 
Posted on 23-Sep-2011 20:39:53
#25 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Well, we can also conclude after many years it`s not considered worth of fighting (Classic versions): KS files are distributed via websites with no hustle, Haage and Partner has moved to other bussines and doesn`t even mention OS 3.5/OS 3.9 development, AmiKit is free full emulation package if you have OS 3.5/3.9 CD ...
while only Cloanto provides legal KS and WB files.

And if needed, it can be purchased by Amikit (OS 3.9).

Only 4.x situation is after court hustle clean `n` clear.

And it matters mostly to Natami: but most of Classic users already have OS 3.5/OS 3.9 CD`s that could be just tweaked with some Natami drivers, and AROS (68k) is growing product that could be used by Natami.

Btw, two best current Classic websites are AmigaOS support page and Boing Bag as well as WB nostalgia

A best description of "why we love AOS" is Zen of Amiga

Last edited by vox on 23-Sep-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle