Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 151 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  6 mins ago
 Gunnar:  12 mins ago
 saimo:  16 mins ago
 amigakit:  35 mins ago
 OldFart:  35 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  55 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 46 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  amigaworld.net now owned by A-EON
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
A1200 
Re: amigaworld.net now owned by A-EON
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 21:10:07
#161 ]
Elite Member

@Bondy

Yes being as Ben likes to play Billy Big(Boing)Balls, the firm I founded I am guessing does the same in a month's turnover than the entire revenue generated by OS4 since its inception.

Profile     Report this post  
A1200 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 21:14:26
#162 ]
Elite Member

@Eric_S

Eric fair point. I just don't like a mere few having their hands on all the killswitches. I would suggest moving en masse to a non-corporate owned site if it wasn't for the fantastic critical mass and content users have built on here and A.org over the years. Perhaps I should have bought 50% or 100% of A.org when I had the chance several years ago to keep at least something non-corporate for these wonderful community sites.

A1200 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 21:22:50
#163 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

Quote:
You have to admit however that if there is even a single individual who is intent on creating all kinds of confusion, FUD etc. (whilst claiming to be at the helm of a multimillion company - which is a contradiction all by itself as I represent this type of people every day in court and I know them very well), you end up wasting your time contradicting obvious fallacies or misleading information just to make sure that it does not take on a life of its own.

Don't confuse my weekend fun toying with your ego from my professional conduct when I am working. To assume my attempts to (successfully) expose the people who hold all the cards in our little community is what I do day-in-day-out, is very wrong. You sir are a representative for Amiga related products, which unluckily for you is your day job and yet you squabble with the rest of us on usergroups. I would not engage with my customers or critics on such a forum.

Edit: Typo

Last edited by A1200 on 26-Oct-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Mikey_C 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 21:26:48
#164 ]
Elite Member

Having Read all the crap on here, arguments, spats, uncivil discussions, name calling etc, reminds me why myself and orgin created Amigans.net.

@ Sven Harvey

Yes, people left Amiga.org and moved over to Amigaworld (myself included) because the Trolls had taken over Amiga.org

Then when the trolls took over Amigaworld, we created Amigans.net - No we are not selling, we are happy to be an independant, but loyal AmigaOS4 centric site.

A1200 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 21:31:16
#165 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Lets hope so.... these guys seem to be very convincing!

Mikey_C 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 21:38:37
#166 ]
Elite Member

We don't need to sell. both myself and Orgin are Amiga users still, so, there is little point in us needing to sell the site as Amiga NG is our hobby, unlike Amigaworld or Amiga.org the people in charge are still fans!

Hyperionmp 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 21:55:25
#167 ]
Hyperion

@A1200

"You sir are a representative for Amiga related products, which unluckily for you is your day job".

I am compelled by my code of professional conduct to FORMALLY contest this statement.

My day-time job is practising law as a partner in one of Belgium's largest law-firms.

I am a non-executive director of Hyperion Entertainment.

Quite clearly, if indeed you are in charge of a multimillion dollar company (in which case I extend my deepest sympathies to your employees, fellow directors and shareholders), it seems that at the very least during the weekend you lose the ability to check basic facts or the capacity to comprehend simple texts written in English.

A simple google search for my name will set you straight. I guess the facts can be somewhat "annoying".

Where is your full name so we can check your credentials? If you are not a poser, either put up or shut up.

And if you would not have made this silly statement which I need to contradict as a matter of professional obligation, I would have not have dignified your message with a reply.

THIS POST REFLECTS MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Last edited by Hyperionmp on 26-Oct-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Amiga4000 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 22:01:16
#168 ]

Quote:

A1200 wrote:
The thing is Trevor has, for want of a better phrase "got a few quid". He like many of us, didn't want the ride to end with the demise of Commodore. However, like many of us, he feels sense of community with Amiga, so whilst he could have just prototyped a handful of boards for his own pleasure, he wanted the rest of you to come along, at what is to many considerable financial cost. To give the project some credence, the machines are sold as a (supposedly) profit making business. This does not sit well with me. Why not do it as a not for profit setup or even give the damn things away, if the need to get the community on board - hey the oil industry is a license to print money so Trevor can afford it. :)

I bet you're fellow shareholders would have a difference of opinion!

Quote:
A1200 wrote:
because I have a significant share and control of a multi million pound enterprise.

Hmmmm, I'm gonna have to award you.......

And no points!

A1200 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 22:05:09
#169 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

Rubbish! You don't need to defend what you do day to day because you will be disbarred - there are plenty of retorts you need to make on Moobunny if that was the case so don't give me that. You want me to believe as a Lawyer you are obliged to seek out and reply to every instance of someone falsely saying something about you online and replying?

Seriously dude, I was enjoying this banter, now you are on a one way rocket to the moon. My company is on my profile, although I am not Tech director any more, I handed that role to someone more talented in that regard a while ago.

I am glad for you that Amiga is not your bread and butter, but spending over a million euros of yours or anyone else's money on litigation for a defunct OS and then to do very little commercially with it is poor judgement. But hey, we all make mistakes, and if you were to come out with a statement like "This Amiga thing has cost all involved a whole bunch of money we can't possibly claw back from the ever shrinking aficionados we were relying on", I am sure you would be forgiven and we could continue playing Scorched Tanks on our A500's.

Aslak3 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 22:08:25
#170 ]

@Hyperionmp

Follow the links. A1200s name, the name of the company he represents, are not hidden. I'm guessing your familiar with uk law regarding disclosure of information pertaining to limited liability companies, their directors, shareholders etc. if you are that interested it's all there. No posing going on.

Hyperionmp 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 22:20:41
#171 ]
Hyperion

@A1200

"Rubbish! You don't need to defend what you do day to day because you will be disbarred - there are plenty of retorts you need to make on Moobunny "

I have not posted on Moobunny since many years, I cannot be expected to spend my time responding to every silly allegation on every silly website where I am not voicing my opinion nor reading them.

But a direct allegation in a discussion insinuating that this non-executive, not remunerated directorship is my daily "bread & butter", I need to dispel because exactly this type of statement would constitute a breach of my code of professional conduct IF IT WERE TRUE.

Please do not pretend you are now familiar with the code of conduct of my bar association ... That would be even more laughable than your previous posts.

This closes of my "discussion" with you. I have adhered to my professional duty to dispel said statement and that's the end for me in this thread.

Last edited by Hyperionmp on 26-Oct-2014 at 10:36 PM.

jorit2 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 22:26:07
#172 ]

@Hyperionmp

Quote:

Hyperionmp wrote:
@A1200

"Rubbish! You don't need to defend what you do day to day because you will be disbarred - there are plenty of retorts you need to make on Moobunny "

I have not posted on Moobunny since many years, I cannot be expected to spend my time responding to every silly allegation on every silly website where I am not voicing my opinion nor reading them.

But a direct allegation in a discussion insinuating that this non-executive, not remunerated directorship is my daily "bread & butter", I need to dispel because exactly this type of statement would constitute a breach of my code of professional conduct IF IT WERE TRUE.

Please do not pretend you are now familiar with the code of conduct of my bar association ... That would be even more laughable than your previous posts.

This closes of my "discussion" with you. I have adhered to my professional duty to dispel said statement and that's the end for me in this thread.

Post reflect official Hyperion Entertainment position ?

Hyperionmp 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 22:37:16
#173 ]
Hyperion

@jorit2

Corrected. Thanks for the pointer, I had forgotten about the automatic addition of the contrary.

A1200 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 22:39:35
#174 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

Oh I understand now, your code of conduct requires you to set the public straight on your involvement with a company if you frequent the website. Had I had gone on moobunny and said Ben Hermans is responsible for handling round the directors rations of coke, you wouldn't have to seek out and dispel that lie.

Lawyers love to portray their craft as black magic when the truth is most of us are not boring enough or had pushy yet cold enough parents to be remotely interested in being one.

OlafS25 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 22:51:45
#175 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp and @others

Sorry please could you stop the discussion who is the "bigger guy" and "more successful" and "better in job". Most people here have something to do, some are working for companies, some are self-employed. I think noone is interested in this fight.

@Hyperionmp

I do not know who all these fights started but I do not care anyway. We are a small community and it would be nice if we would not act parallel or even against each other but do more in common. Perhaps I see it naive but I think that would help all of us.

BTW good action to make AmigaOS affordable. I am interested too.

Overflow 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 22:55:08
#176 ]

I do understand why Mikey_C created amigans.net.

I have issues with the pricing of the NG hardware etc, but some level of maturity wouldnt have gone amiss.

@A1200, you call out Hyperionmp/Ben's conduct, but you are not giving a stellar performance yourself.

I echo Hans's original post on Amigans regarding Amiwest.

A1200 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 23:02:57
#177 ]
Elite Member

@Overflow

To be more democratic should I start a poll to see which one of us is looking good from these posts? Just kidding my 2014 troll fest is drawing to a close with no abuse reports and no days in the cooler. What's a guy got to do to get banned in here? Trevor I have seen the light, now send me my 1500 pound PPC computer and don't forget the 30 pounds OS dammit!

morpa 
Posted on 26-Oct-2014 23:36:00
#178 ]

Hope to see a merge now that both sites have the same owner. One less tab open in the browser:)

klx300r 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 0:01:32
#179 ]
Elite Member

@SvenHarvey

Quote:

SvenHarvey wrote:
Am I not right in thinking Amigaworld.net was originally a break away from Amiga.org in the first place (and Amigans.net was a break away from Amigaworld.net too?) Perhaps it's time to heal the divide by those who have done the most to take things forward.

+ 1,000,000 !!! Now be careful Sven this talk of facts & reason is not something the 'loudest' contributors to this thread can comprehend

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

_Steve_ 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 0:44:20
#180 ]
Team Member

@SvenHarvey

Quote:

SvenHarvey wrote:
Am I not right in thinking Amigaworld.net was originally a break away from Amiga.org in the first place (and Amigans.net was a break away from Amigaworld.net too?) Perhaps it's time to heal the divide by those who have done the most to take things forward.

No, this site was not a break away from a.org. The website was originally created as a board for the IRC channel which was started first. The first iteration of the site didn't have as much of a following as it does now - that came after the change to the revamped look in 2002/3.

We did gain several former a.org users around 2004/5 but the site was not created on the back of that - we had been in existence with other notables such as ANN for some time.

@readers of the threads in general

It is sad that even after all of these years members of the various OS's and sites cannot just move on and get over it all. Why is it that time and time again old wars and obvious dislikes (hatred is a bit too strong) are still brought up. Many members here are also members of the other sites (be that AROSexec, MorphZone, A.O, Amigans, EAB) so there really should be the necessity for some of the petty squabbling which takes place. I am not asking for everybody to get on and be best friends, but a little common courtesy wouldn't go amiss. We are (generally at least in terms of age) all adults here, yet some seem to act like a petulant child.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle