Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
4 crawler(s) on-line.
 101 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  33 mins ago
 OlafS25:  55 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 Tpod:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 56 mins ago
 Birbo:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 Hammer:  3 hrs 17 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 45 mins ago
 MarcioD:  5 hrs 4 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Register To Post

PosterThread
Darrin 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 21-Sep-2006 2:45:50
#1 ]
Team Member

Oh great!

So Bill Buck has been banned for daring to post that he actually wants to do something in order to have hardware running OS4 and for actually having the hardware that could run it!

This whole fricking community is startng to stink to igh heaven. Some people here need to learn to grow up ad bury the hatchet. I saw him take far more "insults" i that other thread than he dished out, and while I strongly disagree with the way he worded some remarks, if we're all hding our beaths for these bloody Trokia/Samantha/Vixen boards then were all going to turn blue in the face and suffocate!

I actually pre-ordered an orginal A1 board and then withdrew the order due to production delays. All of this time I've been waiting for a solid PPC board that comes with OS4 and I'm still waiting. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee folks. If we don't have something soon then we never will. If Bill Buck thinks he can get a license then let him try. Those who hold the rights to OS4 should not hold back for personal reasons, but move forward for business reasons. If the whole offer turns up to be yet another attempt to blow smoke up this community's collective ass then flame away at this guy.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of waiting and I'm tired of broken promises. I've bought countless laptops and desktops as I've waited for new Amiga hardware. I've got 2 A1200T and an A3000 gathering dust while waiting for a potential Vixen board. I don't want to see the years of work that have gone into OS4 be for nothing, but unless we get hardware soon (and Bill has WORKING hardware) then we run the risk of ending up with bugger all.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.ronaldst21-Sep-2006 2:58:00
          Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Darrin21-Sep-2006 3:52:24

PosterThread
gary_c 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 21-Sep-2006 2:56:22
#1 ]
Cult Member

@DoodooHead

The EFIKA "thing" doesn't run those now, but who knows about the future? Anyway, that's probably irrelevant. I was told in the past that the point of posting here wasn't to sell computers, but to help build momentum in power.org. I guess people can decide for themselves if or how anything said in this thread might mesh with that. bbrv started the thread by asking "Is there anything else?" and I hope after 37 pages the question has been answered.

-- gary_c

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle