Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 141 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

pavlor,  OldFart

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OldFart:  41 secs ago
 pavlor:  1 min ago
 zipper:  19 mins ago
 VooDoo:  35 mins ago
 matthey:  41 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 54 mins ago
 michalsc:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 gryfon:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 8 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  First round goes to Hyperion
Register To Post

PosterThread
Senex 
Re: First round goes to Hyperion
Posted on 15-Jun-2007 10:30:49
#1 ]

Quote:
It was also fun to see the vouchers (amongst other things) used to allege that Hyperion was actually a creditor of Amiga W. I didn't see that coming, but (if I understand everything correctly) it handily allows them to object to the means by which Amiga W transferred it's rights to Itec, etc, since they claim that this was a deliberate attempt to prevent creditors (including Hyperion) from getting what they were owed.

But the creditor #1 of AIW would certainly be Itec (or the people behind it) anyway, thus I'd suppose that even after a roll-back, the biggest piece of the cake would remain with the same people. But it's understandable of course that Hyperion is aiming at the maximum in their claim to hopefully settle in the middle.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: First round goes to HyperionNeedle15-Jun-2007 10:48:45
          Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66015-Jun-2007 12:22:06
              Re: First round goes to HyperionNeedle16-Jun-2007 10:08:35
                  Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66016-Jun-2007 11:59:47

PosterThread
umisef 
Re: First round goes to Hyperion
Posted on 15-Jun-2007 1:43:44
#1 ]

@madtrekker

Quote:
so if they can't definitively prove that the transactions which led to Amiga W becoming Amiga D were all fair and square then Hyperion must surely get at least some of what they are asking for.

Uh, I think you missed something important. Hyperion chose to make Affirmative Defenses.

Now, IANAL (and don't want to be one, despite what my boss thinks :), but the way I understand US law (and Wikipedia at least seems to agree), that means the burden of proof is now on Hyperion. And while it may be difficult for AI to prove that everything was above-board due to lack of documentation, I suspect it will be even more difficult for Hyperion to prove the negative, that things were not above board, due to the very same lack of documentation.

Quote:
It was also fun to see the vouchers (amongst other things) used to allege that Hyperion was actually a creditor of Amiga W

While fun, I find their claims of being a creditor due to vouchers and warranty violations rather weak and smacking of desperation --- particularly considering that Hyperion have previously claimed that at the relevant times, they had an actual invoice outstanding.... Makes one wonder what happened to that, much more clear-cut claim of being a creditor.
One wonders whether this was a thinly veiled attempt at a smear campaign? Especially considering that they included the Party Pack coupons, which pre-date The Agreement, and which they were undoubtedly aware of when they entered The Agreement....

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: First round goes to Hyperionfairlanefastback15-Jun-2007 2:14:11
          Re: First round goes to HyperionPlaz15-Jun-2007 3:59:32
              Re: First round goes to Hyperionfairlanefastback15-Jun-2007 4:20:40
                  Re: First round goes to HyperionPlaz15-Jun-2007 4:26:54
      Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66015-Jun-2007 3:16:40

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle