Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Seiya:  53 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 25 mins ago
 vox:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 23 mins ago
 mbrantley:  3 hrs 25 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 47 mins ago
 FerruleMedia:  3 hrs 55 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 9 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 23 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  First round goes to Hyperion
Register To Post

PosterThread
T_Bone 
Re: First round goes to Hyperion
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 6:51:47
#1 ]
Elite Member

@samface

Quote:

samface wrote:

I still wonder how they managed to get the company deregistered. Perhaps the debts were transfered to another entity but then one wonders what entity...

Legally, Amiga would have to notify the creditors.

Actually, they were legally supposed to notify the creditors when they dissolved too, as well as listing them on the "Articles of dissolution" along with how they would be repaid.

I wonder if the debts were actually listed there at all. Amiga Inc's papers seem to be a big mess. Maybe an oversight happened.

Wonder if I can get this document through PACER? I can't get my head around how a company with debt can be dissolved.

edit: I'm wrong about the "articles of dissolution", before this step, Amiga Washington must apply for and receive a "revenue clearance certificate", and it's HERE that the debts must be listed, THEN they submit the articles of dissolution.

the Articles of Dissolution can't be filed without a revenue clearance certificate.

What the heck happened?

Last edited by T_Bone on 18-Jun-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Last edited by T_Bone on 18-Jun-2007 at 06:53 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: First round goes to HyperionT_Bone18-Jun-2007 7:15:55
          Re: First round goes to Hyperionsamface18-Jun-2007 7:34:00

PosterThread
gary_c 
Re: First round goes to Hyperion
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 6:33:35
#1 ]
Cult Member

@samface

Those are reasonable questions, and even as an American citizen (though not resident for quite a while), I thought it was strange that Bolton Peck succeeded in his law suit but there was no mechanism for assuring he would receive the money deemed to be his. (He sued both Amiga, Inc. and Bill McEwen as an individual, by the way, in case anyone wasn't aware.) On Moobunny Rich Wood made the remark that the court only determines the legitimacy of the claims, it isn't a collection agency that does the leg work of going after the sued parties and extracting the money out of them. This was a big surprise to me too. I always assumed the collection was part of the legal process. (I wondered, OK, what else does the owed party have to do for justice??)

It seems to me there is a kind of disconnect between the parts of the US legal/governmental systems that hear lawsuits and those that control business registrations, etc. Obviously having outstanding debts didn't stop the Amiga corporate transfers; indeed, the debts seem to have been a motivation for them, and awareness of the disconnect is what made the parties confident they could get away with the transfers. Well, I think many Americans would agree there are lots of flaws in these systems; it seems we've witnessed one here. I wish we had a (nonpartisan) lawyer around to ask about this.

-- gary_c

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle