Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 137 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

kolla

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  1 min ago
 matthey:  9 mins ago
 pavlor:  20 mins ago
 Birbo:  21 mins ago
 Hypex:  25 mins ago
 AmigaMac:  37 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 18 mins ago
 michalsc:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 21 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  First round goes to Hyperion
Register To Post

PosterThread
Tigger 
Re: First round goes to Hyperion
Posted on 20-Jun-2007 15:27:42
#1 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Spectre660 wrote:

Ok. I see what you are saying.

But my point is that Amiga Inc's version of that does not make sense as a seperate agreement. only when viewed in the context of the first Agreement.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here, so if I get off basis here, just point me back onto the primrose path and stop letting me run towards the cliff.

Quote:

Why would Hyperion sign a contract that makes them turn over source code
for no money when they had signed the original Agreement that will have
Amiga Inc pay a minimum of 25k ?. If you see it as: ok AMiga Inc pays the 25k as in the first Agreement then the Arctic Agreement , by implication says based on the first Agreement then hand over the Source code.

Ok, I think you are talking about the Arctic PDA agreement (unsigned in the McEwen document) here, if you are, AI in that agreement was trying to get the Friedens to sign a contract with them directly. That's Garry influence on the situation for sure. Hyperion is part of the contract, BUT the Friedens are too, it was presented to show that its the first time that AI knew the Friedens didnt work for Hyperion, and to get Hyperion to bring out the signed document (I suggested this over a month ago) which it did.

Quote:

However Amiga Inc's breaches of section 4 of the first agreement puts the cost of the "Buy-in" well above 25k, and that is real cause of the dispute.

If the cost due to the breach is well over 25K (as you say) then the bill of sale from April 24, 2003 should (but does not) compensate for that. There is no document we have seen where AI and Hyperion agreed AI would pay more money due to the section 4 violations. There is a document from April 24, 2003 that says, you can have it for 25K.

Quote:

There is no way Amiga Inc can win due to this open ended unpaid cost.
The meter is still ticking on the costs here. Thus the "Buy-In" could never be completed before clause 2.08 has kicked in.

Nothing in the contract says they have to pay Hyperions costs, that would be silly, if they were going to do that, they should have just nogotiated directly with the contractors themselves.

Quote:

so as you would say "It does not matter"

It won't matter, once Ben signed the April 24, 2003 agreement, unless there are costs agreed to by the two parties (or all 3 parties), Hyperion has basically waved recovering those costs from AI. You cant sell someone a car at a set price, take there cash and sign a contract, then come up with $1000's more they owe you for things you didnt put in the contract, thats not going to work in our (or most) legal systems.
-Tig

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66020-Jun-2007 19:40:04
          Re: First round goes to Hyperionsamface20-Jun-2007 20:49:23
              Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66020-Jun-2007 23:40:21
                  Re: First round goes to Hyperionsamface21-Jun-2007 0:06:25
                      Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66021-Jun-2007 1:23:30
                          Re: First round goes to Hyperionsamface21-Jun-2007 1:39:35
                              Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66021-Jun-2007 12:37:23
                                  Re: First round goes to Hyperionjtsiren21-Jun-2007 13:23:43
          Re: First round goes to HyperionTigger21-Jun-2007 16:16:07
              Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66022-Jun-2007 1:40:01
                  Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66022-Jun-2007 1:53:12
                      Re: First round goes to HyperionSpectre66022-Jun-2007 2:36:06

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle