Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 118 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

agami

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  2 mins ago
 Seiya:  1 hr 44 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 16 mins ago
 vox:  3 hrs 21 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 14 mins ago
 mbrantley:  4 hrs 16 mins ago
 pixie:  4 hrs 39 mins ago
 FerruleMedia:  4 hrs 47 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  First round goes to Hyperion
Register To Post

PosterThread
adiaux 
Re: First round goes to Hyperion
Posted on 21-Jun-2007 0:10:29
#1 ]

@samface

Quote:
You realize that you hit reply on one of T_bone's posts, not mine, right?

Yes I was fully aware of that, the way I replied was all intentionally, thank you very much.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
jkirk 
Posted on 20-Jun-2007 5:23:45
#1 ]
Elite Member

@samface

Quote:
These "teachings" were not incorrect, right?

let's see what teachings was that again? oh yes.

Quote:
Ok, let's teach an american about american welfare.

so your answer is utterly, positively, incorrect teachings.

Quote:
I obviously knew more about what a welfare system is than he did judging by his assumption that I was talking about unemploymency benefits as soon as I mentioned welfare.

and obviously you are attempting to move the goalposts so you look like the winner.

first you mention "income-salary insurance" i said that didn't exist

then you claim it is welfare and workers comp(simultaneously)and i addressed welfare, unemployment insurance and workers comp in one lot.

you then claim i don't know what welfare is (considering you don't know about us welfare either)

i then post links to the workers comp page that makes it obvious that workers comp is about on job injury wage compensation and an article that states workers comp is considered as last in the creditor list in the event of a bankruptcy.

you then claim(to another user) it is alright to talk bad about me because i don't know what i am talking about so i state that i was not wrong so it was not ok.

in response you claim i did not research anything and quoted the main page i had just linked to(which btw did not support your statement)

i then correct you on that as well since you were of the opinion that workers comp did cover bankruptcy.

you then responded
Quote:
Of course it also covers bankruptcy, simply googling and checking out some cases will give you that answer.

so i asked for your proof. you decided to ignore that since that proof does not exist.

so you follow up(directed at another user) not with proof but claims that i was assuming things and pretending to know the info. i corrected you on that as well.

then others tell you you are wrong as well so what do you do? move the goalposts and claim this whole sorry thing is my fault. well sam i thought you were better than theat but i guess i would have more luck talking to my cousin (he is mentally challenged btw gotta be politically correct)

bottom line you don't know what the US system is or how it works so don't attempt to tell us you know it better.

i apologize to everyone else for the length of this post just to refute accusations. i hope to end this sub-topic here.

Last edited by jkirk on 20-Jun-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Last edited by jkirk on 20-Jun-2007 at 05:25 AM.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: First round goes to Hyperiontomazkid20-Jun-2007 5:32:59
      Re: First round goes to Hyperionsamface20-Jun-2007 17:13:08
      Re: First round goes to Hyperionstew21-Jun-2007 0:14:23
          Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk21-Jun-2007 10:51:15
              Re: First round goes to Hyperionstew21-Jun-2007 12:32:44
                  Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk21-Jun-2007 13:06:20
                      Re: First round goes to Hyperionhatschi21-Jun-2007 13:23:42
                          Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk21-Jun-2007 13:41:31
                              Re: First round goes to Hyperionhatschi21-Jun-2007 14:04:02
                                  Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk21-Jun-2007 14:27:46
                                      Re: First round goes to Hyperionhatschi21-Jun-2007 14:42:44
                                          Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk21-Jun-2007 14:46:16
                                          Re: First round goes to HyperionCOBRA21-Jun-2007 14:48:56
                                              Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk21-Jun-2007 15:23:44
                                              Re: First round goes to Hyperionhatschi21-Jun-2007 15:35:21
                                              Re: First round goes to HyperionZardoz21-Jun-2007 16:10:32
                              Re: First round goes to HyperionTigger21-Jun-2007 15:40:26
                                  Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk21-Jun-2007 16:56:46
                      Re: First round goes to HyperionLou21-Jun-2007 13:25:36
                          Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk21-Jun-2007 13:47:50
                              Re: First round goes to HyperionZardoz21-Jun-2007 16:08:32
                                  Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk21-Jun-2007 17:01:33
                                      Re: First round goes to HyperionZardoz21-Jun-2007 17:57:28
                                          Re: First round goes to Hyperionumisef22-Jun-2007 1:59:59
                                          Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk22-Jun-2007 2:54:51
                          Re: First round goes to Hyperionosco21-Jun-2007 14:05:54
                      Re: First round goes to Hyperionstew22-Jun-2007 2:03:15
                          Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk22-Jun-2007 3:18:55
                              Re: First round goes to Hyperionuboat22-Jun-2007 5:29:01
                                  Re: First round goes to HyperionCool_amigaN22-Jun-2007 7:28:13
                              Re: First round goes to Hyperionstew22-Jun-2007 12:31:43
                                  Re: First round goes to Hyperionjkirk22-Jun-2007 12:47:26

PosterThread
syrtran 
Posted on 20-Jun-2007 3:36:56
#1 ]
Cult Member

@samface

Quote:
3. I obviously knew more about what a welfare system is than he did judging by his assumption that I was talking about unemploymency benefits as soon as I mentioned welfare. And even if the U.S. has no salary insurance to compensate employees of a bankrupt company, atleast he now knows that there is such thing in most other countries of the world. These "teachings" were not incorrect, right?

I swore to myself I wouldn't join a mass beating, but this requires an answer. All you needed to say here was "I'm sorry, I was wrong."

From the post that started this subthread - #312 - yours

Quote:
Why would Bill McEwen be not just preventing their former employees from getting payed but also himself by not filing for bancruptcy? I mean, with a proper filing for bancruptcy, atleast employees would get what they are owed in salary through their income-salary insurance, right?

You started this subthread. You were not talking about welfare. You were not talking about unemployment benefits. You were talking about salary insurance. Jkirk was correcting you. We don't have salary insurance in the US. Employees are -not- considered creditors. They don't get paid anything if a company goes bankrupt.

A company here in central NY just closed its doors yesterday. Almost 400 workers were told to collect their things and not come back. No salary insurance. No unemployment benefits. They didn't even get a handshake. The only protected asset was their pension fund, and they can't withdraw from that without a tax penalty. (Thankfully, it was reported today that some similar companies in the area need their skills. Some of them will get new jobs.)

People who generalize are always wrong.

1989 - 500 / 1991 - 3000 / 1997 - Genesis Flyer 1200T / 2003 - A1XE

Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle