Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 100 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

Comi,  Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Comi:  47 secs ago
 Gunnar:  3 mins ago
 amigakit:  21 mins ago
 vox:  46 mins ago
 zipper:  49 mins ago
 kolla:  56 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 53 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 55 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  First round goes to Hyperion
Register To Post

PosterThread
afxgroup 
Re: First round goes to Hyperion
Posted on 27-Jun-2007 9:38:43
#1 ]

@umisef

Quote:

Who do you think would have done the porting job on Firefox? I am serious --- who do you think is capable enough to do it, yet stupid enough to spend the enormous amount of time and effort required for the essentially non-existent benefit that can be derived from the Amiga market?

me for example..

take a look

Here

or

Here

firefox-bin is an EXE (do you know what is?) and it is running. All dependencies has been resolved using X11 (at moment..) now there are only some issues with xpcom but shoulde be resolved soon.. (I hope..)
i know that i'm stupid but please stop this kind of post... please... every time is always the same thing..
And this is possible thanks to Edgar with X11, the Friedens for NSPR and me for the rest..
and i know.. we are stupid..

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: First round goes to Hyperionxe5427-Jun-2007 10:17:49
          Re: First round goes to Hyperionafxgroup27-Jun-2007 10:48:06

PosterThread
COBRA 
Re: First round goes to Hyperion
Posted on 27-Jun-2007 8:29:46
#1 ]

@umisef

Quote:
No, it means less than 1/5th of the AmigaOne owners choose to take part in the poll. How many of the 3092 registered members actually answered?

You'll probably find that most of those 3092 people have not even visited AW.net in the past 12 months. Also, most of the people I know who have an A1 don't bother visiting sites like AW.net.

Quote:
"Good value for money" compared with what? And how do you expect to get any "good value for money" on hardware that is selling 100-200 a month

Compared to what was available of course. MacMini would have been good value for money, an entire system was costing less than just a uA1 motherboard and was considerably more powerful. The Pegasos2 was also good value for money compared to the AmigaOne and I've read it all too often that people would buy OS4 if it was available for it.

Quote:
What "building market"? You think of 1000-2000 units as a "market"?

That's not what I said now is it? I said in the first year of having attractive and affordable hardware available you'd probably sell that much, when there's not yet many software titles available for it.

Quote:
Who do you think would have done the porting job on Firefox? I am serious --- who do you think is capable enough to do it, yet stupid enough to spend the enormous amount of time and effort required for the essentially non-existent benefit that can be derived from the Amiga market?

I know someone who's doing it right now. There are lots of developers who spend most of their spare time developing for OS4, I'm one of them too. You may call us stupid, I call us enthusiasts. We like the Amiga, we like AmigaOS. It is our hobby.

Quote:
Hardware is not the problem. Lack of hardware is a symptom. The problem is that OS4, while interesting, simply isn't all that useful.

LOL! How could an OS be useful if you can't even buy it? And considering all the constant whining of people in the forums, crying for new hardware to get OS4, you say hardware is not the problem?

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: First round goes to Hyperionumisef27-Jun-2007 9:03:08
          Re: First round goes to HyperionCOBRA27-Jun-2007 9:46:28
              Re: First round goes to Hyperionumisef27-Jun-2007 10:11:51
                  Re: First round goes to HyperionCOBRA27-Jun-2007 10:39:56
                  Re: First round goes to HyperionAndroxyn27-Jun-2007 10:49:41
                      Re: First round goes to HyperionBit727-Jun-2007 12:29:48

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle