Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 145 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  11 mins ago
 OlafS25:  28 mins ago
 matthey:  39 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  51 mins ago
 RobertB:  53 mins ago
 pavlor:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 OldFart:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 58 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga Inc. Loses U.S. Trademarks
Register To Post

PosterThread
matthey 
Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademark
Posted on 18-Apr-2021 6:10:15
#1 ]
Elite Member

amigadave Quote:

What's your take on this latest document submitted by the Amiga Parties, and what way do you think the case is leaning, in favor, or against Hyperion winning? If you don't want to share your opinion, that's okay. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to express their opinions on this ridiculous situation, I just wish it would finally go to trial and get settled, because I'm pretty sure that any jury or judge would see Hyperion as the party that has broken the 2009 agreement, and hopefully through it out and strip them of everything they stole when it was signed.

We don't have much help from the latest document available. There are documents we can't see (sealed because of confidential business info?). One of the missing documents is likely Hyperion's defense of the ownership grab by registering Amiga marks. I am not so worried about the Amiga parties. They are trying to limit Hyperion's defense using some technicalities of their own (that evidence introduction phase of court case is over) and allegations without evidence are speculative (speculative objection). If the technicalities are not accepted by the judge, then there should be no harm done. It looks like Hyperion claims the United States Copyright Act of 1976 allows them to "challenge ownership" which may be true but that doesn't mean the 2009 settlement agreement allows it and they may have admitted they tried to claim ownership in arguing this. It also looks like Hyperion has tried to challenge the transfer of some Amiga marks from Amiga Inc. to Cloanto. The judge has already decided that some Amiga marks licensed in the settlement agreement were not transferred (Cloanto did not receive them as they had no standing to join the lawsuit so they are still at Amiga Inc.) as the settlement agreement doesn't allow it (without termination) and Amiga Inc. is in good standing and part of the lawsuit so I don't see that point either.

Last edited by matthey on 18-Apr-2021 at 06:22 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademarkamigang18-Apr-2021 8:49:25
      Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademarkppcamiga119-Apr-2021 13:40:24
          Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc TrademarkBirbo19-Apr-2021 13:50:08
              Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademarknumber619-Apr-2021 14:07:07
              Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademarkppcamiga119-Apr-2021 15:21:17
                  Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademarkbison20-Apr-2021 2:50:30
                  Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc TrademarkMEGA_RJ_MICAL20-Apr-2021 5:45:41
                      Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc TrademarkNutsAboutAmiga20-Apr-2021 8:53:12

PosterThread
number6 
Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademark
Posted on 18-Apr-2021 3:09:03
#1 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

I would prefer to first...see a reply to the first portion of:

this

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle