Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 167 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OneTimer1

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OneTimer1:  31 secs ago
 matthey:  7 mins ago
 Karlos:  9 mins ago
 OlafS25:  16 mins ago
 pixie:  28 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 25 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 32 mins ago
 Luc:  3 hrs 48 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 10 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga Inc. Loses U.S. Trademarks
Register To Post

PosterThread
matthey 
Re: Cloanto acquire Amiga Inc Trademark
Posted on 11-May-2021 2:48:37
#1 ]
Elite Member

#6 Quote:

I was replying to Trixie about 3 things missing from the site. The X5000 h/w listing. Any and all versions of AmigaOS. And absence of Hyperion from their "Manufacturer" list.

Since then arose the inability to get a response about the 3 versions of uboot being used on said h/w, which were also linked to.

This includes the Mark Olsen approved version "U-Boot molsen-2018-10-05", which would be the current "fixed" version. This version is not offered nor was a response obtained on how someone without this version could acquire it.

Considering I also linked to the post about Hyperion cancelling their classic contract, all of the above also smells of a cancelled contract. Feel free to disagree.

Maybe but don't you think there are multiple contracts? The AmigaOS 4 classic contract may have expired already in 2021 so maybe no need to cancel it. I would think AmigaKit would still want to sell it though. I would expect uboot contracts would be worded in such a way that updates could still happen after contract expiration but we have seen some crazy Amiga related contracts. A-Eon/Amigakit could be delaying buying of Hyperion products to play it safe legally and be in a better relationship with Amiga Corporation in case they win the lawsuit. Maybe A-Eon/Amigakit and Amiga Corporation are keeping the new settlement agreement Hyperion backed out of. It does look like A-Eon/AmigaKit are shunning Hyperion products for whatever reason.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle