Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 117 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

pixie,  Tpod

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Tpod:  37 secs ago
 pixie:  3 mins ago
 Birbo:  17 mins ago
 Hammer:  24 mins ago
 zipper:  52 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 MarcioD:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 20 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 NancyNash:  2 hrs 41 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Emulation
      /  Using Miami (and probably Genesis) with WinUAE
Register To Post

PosterThread
AmigaHeretic 
Re: Using Miami (and probably Genesis) with WinUAE
Posted on 22-Oct-2008 18:40:05
#1 ]

@tomazkid

Quote:

What about the mac-addresses?
How did those look in the first place?
(from the router point of view? (2 identical mac-addresses?) )

Yeah, from the routers point of view it is giving an IP of 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.105 to the same MAC address. From what I can tell the 192.168.1.100 is the only one the routers DHCP leases. Which is where the problem was in the first place.

So when the PC was connected the router's DHCP gave the Wifi 192.168.1.100 based on it's MAC, but when Miami came along and contacted the router with the same Wifi it of course sees the same MAC and knows it's leased 192.168.1.100. So the PC stack gets dropped and Miami got the address.

But strangely enough even though I make the IP static on the PC side, the DHCP in the router doesn't seem to notice the MAC is connected already (I guess because DHCP didn't assign it?) and now when DHCP gets a request (from Miami in this case) it just sends out the first available IP in the range set, which is 192.168.1.100

Might be interesting to try to see how many IPs I could get on one MAC I suppose. Run WinUAE again and set up Miami to get a static IP, say 192.168.1.104 or something. See if the router will give all 3 IPs to the same MAC address.

Works really good though. I kinda needed to set a static IP on the PC side anyway as I RDesktop into it from my laptop all the time and every once in a while I would lose 192.168.1.100 to the Wii or DS or something. So I'd have to figure out what my IP was to get in. Now it's set and I don't have to worry. (And it's just a tick box it's not like it's hard to set up I was just being lazy I suppose)

Quote:

What I did with MOL on my A1, so both OSX and Linux could access a single network card, was to set up dhcp-server on Linux-side, with network 192.168.1.x, while the regular Lan was 192.168.0.x.
The OSX was on 192.168.1.x network, and Linux routed it to the regular 192.168.0.x Lan, and all outgoing/incoming traffic was routed by the dhcp-server on the Linux side to and from the regular router.

Yeah, when I fist realized the problem with the Amiga or PC not getting internet at the same time and stealing the 192.168.1.100 back and forth I thought I was going to have to do something like what you're talking about if I wanted to use uaenet.device ( other than trying two network devices in the PC )

But the router seems to have no problems at all. I mean DHCP is not smart enough to know you want 2 address to one MAC, but the router itself I guess will "route" what ever IP's you want wherever you want them to go I suppose.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: Using Miami (and probably Genesis) with WinUAEemavys22-Oct-2008 20:30:50

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle