Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 143 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigang

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigang:  5 secs ago
 OlafS25:  5 mins ago
 clint:  7 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 marcofreeman:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 43 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Mai Logic- any valid contact info?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
kgrach 
Re: Mai Logic- any valid contact info?
Posted on 24-Jul-2008 22:13:06
#61 ]
Cult Member

@itix

Looks like you drank the coolade
Read my above post on sound it just makes you sound silly spouting the same non truths.

The A1 doesn't suffer from stuttering with the built in sound it only experienced it with early SB drivers. No longer true.

Blue bunny on discovering their dead cat OMG my cat is dead! DAMM YOU MAI!!!

Kgrach

Profile     Report this post  
kgrach 
Posted on 24-Jul-2008 23:44:55
#62 ]
Cult Member

@kyle

I am out at this time like I said earlier. Iif a few people contact me I will call centon and have them make me a batch it will all come down to how many people want it. Right now I have four people who expressed interest means the setup charges would equal 100 bucks apiece plus cost of the chips and shipping. If I got a number say ten or 12 it would pay for me to order 20 or so pieces the minimum to make things cost effective for everyone.

Kgrach

tonyw 
Posted on 25-Jul-2008 0:04:43
#63 ]
Elite Member

@kgrach

Why not start a separate thread for that? You might get more responses if it's in the headline.

Hyperion Support Forum: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php

tomazkid 
Posted on 25-Jul-2008 0:10:17
#64 ]
Team Member

@tonyw

Quote:

tonyw wrote:
@kgrach

Why not start a separate thread for that? You might get more responses if it's in the headline.

Not a bad idea, and if needed we can make that tread sticky for the time it needs.

Darth_X 
Posted on 25-Jul-2008 3:39:21
#65 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

kgrach wrote:
Read my above post on sound it just makes you sound silly spouting the same non truths.
Blue bunny on discovering their dead cat OMG my cat is dead! DAMM YOU MAI!!!
Kgrach

If one is seeing blue bunnies then surely one must be drinking the blue coolaid himself

The whole point of these modern systems was to use standard AGP graphics cards, PCI cards, and standard ram modules that you can buy in *any* store.

I think Amiga should be a platform for everyone, not just the 'fan club guys' who flip over weird custom hardware that only they know how to build and use..

kgrach 
Posted on 25-Jul-2008 6:50:42
#66 ]
Cult Member

@Darth_X

Listen closely, THERE IS NO SUCH THING GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!

If memory was universal as you believe memory manufacturers would not waste time or money making all of the variety of different memory modules.

The main problem with the A1 was the Northbridge was designed at the time to take STANDARD PC-133 memory but the memory it was designed to take no longer exists and the newer PC133 memory is of a format the designers did not put into thier chip because it did not exist at the time of the design. Remember by the time we got our hands on the A1's it was late into the cycle of PC-133 and the chipset we were using were designed at the begining

Any PC as it get older it gets more and more problamatic to find compatible memory

Even new boards suffer from this. Example INTEL a little company you might of heard of them, they make chips and stuff. Go out Purchase one of thier new X38 motherboards. You then go out to your local megamart and purchase 4 gigs of "STANDARD DDR3" Patiot Viper Memory. Go home and listen to the beeps because it won't POST BECAUSE OF INCOMPATIBLE MEMORY. I have actually heard of reports that you might need to RMA both the memory and or the motherboard as one or both might expire from such a union.

Whenever I go to the local microcenter I almost alway's wind up spending time helping some confused sale clerk help an even more confused customer sort out ther problem BECAUSE ALL CHIPSETS HAVE THIER OWN LITTLE LISTS OF COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS. Some get sorted out and others never do.

What I am trying to say even If we came out tommorrrow with a DDR3 or DDR2 based Amiga these discussions would still be happening and there would be comment like oh no with that model memory you need to set the bios to 5,5,5 ,15 21 1t @ 400 mhz and voltage at 2.1. If you set it to 1.8 you will need to set it to ..... or you can't use that type of memory on an Amiga cause it needs 1.9 volts to work and the Amiga is designed to work at the standard 1.8V.

For fun go to the Gskill web site and look at thier forums packed with PC guys with "standard " motherboards and standard memory having lots of discusions about what types to buy and what is needed for them to work. This is one of the main reasons I like G-Skill as a company. They take the time to go on forums and tell people what kind of memory to buy for that brand and make of motherboard and what kind of settings you want.

Kgrach

kgrach 
Posted on 25-Jul-2008 6:54:49
#67 ]
Cult Member

@Darth_X

Nah can't stand the blue stuff, I have alway's been partial to fruit punch or cherry.
Hmm maybe this all started in my childhood?

Ohh well time for the brown stuff, burbon anyone?

Kgrach

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle