Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
27 crawler(s) on-line.
 101 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 billt:  24 mins ago
 QBit:  36 mins ago
 zipper:  42 mins ago
 kolla:  49 mins ago
 Swisso:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 clint:  3 hrs 10 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga slogans
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zontrox 
Re: Amiga slogans
Posted on 5-Sep-2005 23:50:03
#61 ]
Cult Member

A while ago, i remembered Babylon 5 ( God! I miss that show... ) and that they used Amigas in many episodes. One quote has stuck in my head and i don't think it will be out of it for quite some time. The quote is from an episode where G'Kar spoke about what the Centauri were doing to his home planet and killing his people. Well, here's what G'Kar said:

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, tyrants, and armies cannot stand. The Centauri learnt this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free."

I was thinking, why can't an Amiga slogan/advert/tv commercial be based on the B5 universe!? Hmm? Replace 'Centauri' with 'Micro$soft' or something. A battle across the universe with the Amiga being the leader ( Sheridan ) and the B5 station or something similar being our headquarters. I just had to get it out of me and share it with others.

"Would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom?!?" William Wallace (Mel Gibson in Braveheart

Profile     Report this post  
RoqueFort 
Posted on 5-Sep-2005 23:50:14
#62 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

smithy wrote:
Amiga: The most fun you can have whilst being f u c k e d.

Hey, you cheeky b u g ge r! you cheated the auto-censor thingy!
Now everyone will be swearing!

Sex doesn't prove to me that sex doesn't suck.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 5-Sep-2005 23:58:49
#63 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Legion wrote:
Alright, here's my idea. This would all be animated, cartoon style.

*a bunch of animated cartoon characters with hands and feet, hanging around, talking, etc*

*a big, dumb, computer dragging his arms and slobbering on himself walks into the room, starts hitting the other computers, scares the rest of them off*

*declares himself the winner, wanders around looking confused*

*the Amiga computer (one of the computers he hit) get's up, brushes itself off, and proceeds to run circles around the big dumb computer. He's far too fast for him. the big computer tries to punch the Amiga, but he is too slow*

*After a thorough beating, and the big computer being out of breath and having no more fight left in him, the Amiga waits for just a second, and then slaps him in the face. The big dumb computer falls over backwards*

*the Amiga turns to face the camera. The camera zooms in and reveals the boing ball*

In my head I can see all this working

Yes, a great idea, Windoze PCs are bloated and therefore slow an dumb, using brute force to get their way, while Amigas may be technically inferior, but don't crash every two minutes: greater agility! David beat Goliath!

I don't think the computers should be represented by actual computers though- they look horribly geeky and ugly. That's something that has been addressed in recent years such as with the iMac.

Rather, the PC could be represented by a Troll, Ogre or something: big, strong and tough, but slow, clumsy and stupid. He could be sporting a garment with a window. The Amiga could be represented by a sprightly elf!

OK, I couldn't find an elf- that's a gnome!

Tomppeli 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 0:02:56
#64 ]

Beware the ball.

Zontrox 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 0:30:22
#65 ]
Cult Member

@Tomppeli

I like that pic but, instead of the Penguin, replace it with Micro$oft's Buildings and Gates on the roof or something. Maybe not an original idea but, if done properly, can be quite funny!

"Would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom?!?" William Wallace (Mel Gibson in Braveheart

Steff 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 0:50:08
#66 ]

@Zontrox

Quote:
but, instead of the Penguin, replace it with Micro$oft's Buildings and Gates on the roof or something.

Well isn't that Bill Gates lying under the penguin?

@treblesix

Quote:
Amiga means female friend. (complimenting Amigo as male friend)

At least someone understands.

Maybe we should have started with the english meaning first?

I guess for all you adolescents out there girlfriend has a special meaning but if you would google a little more often you would find:

girlfriend

n 1: any female friend; "Mary and her girlfriend organized the party" 2: a girl or young woman with whom a man is romantically involved; "his girlfriend kicked him out" [syn: girl, lady friend]

Last edited by Steff on 06-Sep-2005 at 12:51 AM.

Sil 680 Ultra Ata 133 E-ide
SeaGate Barracuda 120gb 8mb cache

Teddy 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 5:42:00
#67 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
Voiceover, thumbling comedic music.
"Remember a time when computers were simple." A nerd leans over in the office and sprouts some incomprehensible technobabble.
"Remember a time when computers did what you wanted." Somebody yawning at a desk at home waiting for his PC to update....the progress bar moves from 5% to 4%. Thumps fist on desk.
"Remember a time when you didn't have to worry." Hundreds of browser popups on the screen. Zoom in on. Your computer has a virus...Man at desk ready to pull hair out.
"Remember a time when you enjoyed using a computer."
Man screams, "That's the last time" and beats his PC to death with an axe in the office for crashing yet again...
"Remember a time when computers weren't work." Somebody throws their PC throught a highrise window and it lands with a crash on the ground.
"The Amiga has returned." Demos, games and productivity apps flashing in rapid succession in a cresendo of music(like at the end of a movie trailer.).
Fade to Amiga logo, "Let the fun begin.........Amiga"

This sounds like a very profesional idea and it would make a very efective tv commercial.
First you would go with entire story and after two weeks you could play it as several
different commercials. Each one made of only one line like this:

"Remember a time when computers did what you wanted." Somebody yawning at a desk at home waiting for his PC to update
....the progress bar moves from 5% to 4%. Thumps fist on desk.
"The Amiga has returned." Demos, games and productivity apps flashing in rapid succession in a cresendo of music(like at the end of a movie trailer.).

and so on.

Thumbs up BigBentheAussie. I think you realy have something here.

--------------------------------

OldFart 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 7:55:11
#68 ]
Elite Member
From: Stad; en d'r is moar ain stad en da's Stad. Makkelk zat!

@Tread

A lot of nice ideas have been aired! How would it be to put those scripts into a real home video and bring them up to a dedicated portal here on AW to be viewed by the public? Man, it would draw worldwide attention and would be a good laugh for all of us to see ourselves acting as real show celebrities? Which usergroup or group of users pulls it off first?

This could be a tremendous success! And free advertising for Amiga to boot. Now if there ever is a chance then it is with the material presented in this thread. A novelty as well.

Already sniggering with the idea of seeing Ben Hermans acting like Santa Claus in some red chequered coat...

OlFart

OneOfNine 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 8:47:08
#69 ]

@RoqueFort

Amiga - The Return of a Legend

alexw 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 11:05:44
#70 ]
Cult Member

@Teddy
Quote:

This sounds like a very profesional idea and it would make a very efective tv commercial.
First you would go with entire story and after two weeks you could play it as several
different commercials. Each one made of only one line like this:

"Remember a time when computers did what you wanted." Somebody yawning at a desk at home waiting for his PC to update
....the progress bar moves from 5% to 4%. Thumps fist on desk.

and so on.

Or maybe first play the one line commercials for some time without revealing that it's about Amiga and then after two weeks or so play the whole commercial with the Amiga logo and slogan. Old idea, but effective.

Alex.

alexw 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 11:10:01
#71 ]
Cult Member

@GrumpyOldMan
Quote:

Imagine a following TV commercial:

An old man sits in a bench in a park. He starts to have flashbacks from his youth, as a small boy in kindergarden, a teenager in school, a student in university and as a young man (and later middle-aged man) working in some office. Each flashback has something in common - a beautiful young woman (I am thinking something smart yet sexy like Christina Ricci or Heather Graham) who smiles to the main character and helps her through the life.

Finally we'll see a scene where the hand of young woman touches the old man into shoulder - the man looks up and sees the nurse who is the same woman as seen in his memories. Woman smiles, screen fades into black, we see text

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE FOR YOU.

In the end, we see Amiga/OS4 logo...

This is soo beautiful. I actually had tears in my eyes after reading this. I want to see this commercial NOW on my tv!

Alex.

JDJD 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 11:14:34
#72 ]

AMIGA es MAGIA

Anonymous 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 12:13:06
# ]

OS4, Boinging on to a computer near you !

Report this post  
RoqueFort 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 13:23:14
#74 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

OldFart wrote:
@Tread

A lot of nice ideas have been aired! How would it be to put those scripts into a real home video and bring them up to a dedicated portal here on AW to be viewed by the public? Man, it would draw worldwide attention and would be a good laugh for all of us to see ourselves acting as real show celebrities? Which usergroup or group of users pulls it off first?

This could be a tremendous success! And free advertising for Amiga to boot. Now if there ever is a chance then it is with the material presented in this thread. A novelty as well.

Make our own adverts! A fine idea, but few of us have the equipment. Ask The_editor, AmigaOneProductions, and if you want animation, ME!!!

jkirk 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 13:57:18
#75 ]
Elite Member

Amiga: back when you least expect it

Leave my amiga alone, get your own

amiga inside

give me a good workbench and i can make anything

my personal favorite is
only amiga makes it possible

or

the world will never be the same.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

OldFart 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 14:37:49
#76 ]
Elite Member
From: Stad; en d'r is moar ain stad en da's Stad. Makkelk zat!

@RoqueFort

Don't be silly! A simple videocamera can do the job. It need not be top notch, is it? Just to give us all a good laugh and, as the word spreads, free advertisement for Amiga to boot. Can't be simpeler and, being Dutch, hardly any cheaper.

All right, who bites the bullet and presents us with a home made video based on the ideas presented in this thread? Anyone?

This could just prove the right key to the lock.

Oldfart

GrumpyOldMan 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 20:05:55
#77 ]
Cult Member

@OldFart

Quote:
How would it be to put those scripts into a real home video and bring them up to a dedicated portal here on AW to be viewed by the public?

Ok, I have a video camera...now, anyone here got the phone number of Christina or Heather? Or maybe Monica (Bellucci)?

Seriously, this is a good idea - maybe something worth a competition (so people can vote for the best movie)? Time to show to world why Amiga is the computer for creative people

RoqueFort 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 21:51:32
#78 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

jkirk wrote:

amiga inside

A play on Intel inside?
Quote:

give me a good workbench and i can make anything

Not bad, except we don't usually say "workbench" any more. Rather "AmigaOS!"
Quote:

the world will never be the same.

Commodore tried that with the CD32, which failed. That doesn't necessarily mean we can't use it again though.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 6-Sep-2005 21:54:25
#79 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

GrumpyOldMan wrote:
@OldFart

Ok, I have a video camera...now, anyone here got the phone number of Monica (Bellucci)?

You'll have to see wolfe about that one- she's his babe!

KimmoK 
Posted on 7-Sep-2005 7:54:49
#80 ]
Elite Member

Amiga - It's a sin.

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle