Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 138 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  23 secs ago
 A1200:  21 mins ago
 OlafS25:  35 mins ago
 outlawal2:  55 mins ago
 AndreasM:  58 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 44 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Dave Haynie (lead engineer of C= Amiga) opinion on Amiga Successors
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 Next Page )
PosterThread
hazydave 
Re: Dave Haynie (lead engineer of C= Amiga) opinion on Amiga Successors
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 16:30:55
#241 ]

@pama

Quote:

Jobs may suprise us and do this But my money is on that the Mac PC division will disappear and only the Ipod device market will remain. Have you seen the price of a Mac Book? No thanks

Have you seen the price of a nice VIAO, or those little laptops sold by companies like Sony or Fujitsu. I actually have a Fujitsu P2010... the smallest laptop with a DVD drive at the time, even compared to Apple, 10.5" screen at 1280x768, and Transmeta TM5800 at 966MHz... cool in the day (literally... no fan, even) and a nice 6 or so hours of battery life. But the CPU speed ultimately sucked; it was barely fast enough to play a DVD, no good for CAD (I wasn't using it for CAD when I got it, but later on). So I replaced it with a cheapish Acer Turion-based laptop.

Some people will buy the "botique" laptops, plain and simple. Apple's sales have been falling, but really, that's not because the laptops are so expensive, it's because their price/performance sucks. The rest of the world moved on, they're still selling "G4" CPU in those. And as others pointed out, the main driving force behind their move to x86 was the laptop. Remember all those Amiga laptops... same issues. Things like that are inevitable if the market for your parts is too small.

Quote:

I'm for a longish time been interested in MacOSX, but never been willing to buy extra hardware just to try it out (not even Mac mini). The possibility to run WinXP and OSX in the same machine (that is possible, right?) is tempting and would make the transition from XP smooth. And I would still have XP in the background for games etc, if ever needed.

Dual boot is certainly possible. Better still would be a xMac version of something like VMWare, which would let you run a nearly fully speed XP in a Mac window. You might want the reboot for gaming, but it would make all those people who today suffer through SoftPC on the Mac really, really happy.

Quote:

PS: If only Apple would make a PDA also. I fooled myself to update from old Handera330 to PocketPC, but there something in the OS that I dislike.

Apple not only did make PDAs, they coined the term "Personal Digital Assistant". Unfortunately, like some other "did it first" platforms you might think of, that got cancelled. And I suspect Apple has a bad taste for PDA in general. Though iPods do some of that -- I have my whole phone book in my iPod, though I have to add entries on a real computer. I suspect these pocket media devices will evolve to do more PDA-like things, in time.

I actually used PalmOS for some years, on a Palm V, until it died. It seems adequate enough, not overly bloated, I got 2-3 weeks of use on a charge. I'm sure the PocketPC stuff is typical Microsoft, but PalmOS was realy fugly under the hood. I actually used a HandEra 330 (the only PDA at the time with a Compact Flash slot and speaker-mic built-in) to code up a demo for a small startup I had with some ex-C= folks (Andy Finkel, Bob Russell), post-Metabox, pre-Nomadio. The application was a demo for a whole-house multimedia distribution system, the PDA being the proxy for our remote control. One key aspect -- you could give voice commands, which were decoded on a hidden server, then translated and routed to the device in question. Anyway, the PalmOS was a major nightmare, particularly in how they kludged audio support into this non-multitasking OS.

I'm sure they're better now. And of course, Palm-the-HW-Company just released their first PocketPC based hardware. Microsoft is usually tenacious enough to win in the end, sad to say...

-Dave

Profile     Report this post  
xeron 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 16:35:27
#242 ]
Elite Member
From: Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe

@hazydave

Quote:

So I replaced it with a cheapish Acer Turion-based laptop.

Acer laptops offer astonishing value for money. I've found them to be right up there with all the "big" laptop brands like Apple, IBM, Sony and Toshiba in terms of both features AND quality, but without the price tag. If only they shipped with OS4...

-Sam- 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 16:36:47
#243 ]
Elite Member

@xeron

If only OS4 shipped...

bratwurst 
Re: There are other reasons for choosing platform
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 16:38:11
#244 ]

@-Sam-

well, first of all i'm talking about privacy against (don't know the english word) commercial (maybe also official, governmental) institutions.

but i guess, security devices themselves are attackable, so a hw-security-device, which is misused (under external control), would be a major risk.

j

-Sam- 
Re: There are other reasons for choosing platform
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 16:58:28
#245 ]
Elite Member

@bratwurst

You mean corporate privacy against 'Big Brother'.

I think you'll find that both sides of the privacy coin are important to everyone. Privacy from malicious attempts is more important to me than corporate privacy.

I couldn't care less if my internet usage was being tracked by a company as I used their website - but I do seriously care about protecting against malicious attacks. A hardware firewall, virus checker and anti-spyware program are essential.

The_Editor 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 17:11:44
#246 ]
Elite Member

@hazydave

Fantastic reading.

I'm just curious how you heard of this thread though. Do you still surf Amiga boards or was it only due to your friend pointing out this topic to you ?

Whatever, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your input here (and what a coup for AW !!).

My own views ?

Well, I don't really have any technical ones. Only as a user.

I do video editing and I Really wish I could do it on my A1. THIS is a pic of the machine I use to do NLE theses days (RAM now fully popped).

Judging DnetC crunching stats I've often wondered how an Altivec optimised app on Os4 (A1) would compare to the rendering times of the Pc (its running AMD64-XP3500).

I REALLY Wish there was someway we could finance your "re-entry into Amiga Devving. Sadly there is no one with a wedge of money to help out anyone here. It's all "easy does it" .

Strange thing though.... More people are returning to Amiga boards each week. And most seem willing to pay a slight premium to get on the Os4 train. Most of us are aware that we are not gonna take the world by storm, but are the early adopters. If we can create a reasonable userbase (albeit small at the moment) then apps will be developed. Which in turn, makes our "alternative little world" more attractive to outsiders - Ex Amigans etc.

It's a double edged sword on more than one thing.

Apps... No modern apps (browsers, etc) so no attraction ..BUT

There's a gap that can be filled. in fact, Smithy is writing a modern browser called Paihia .. IF (small word - BIG meaning) this all takes off. He's going to Coin it in !!.

Lots of hopes, Lots of Desire, Lots of Ambition..

Little cash to be getting it launched

Sorry for rambling.

d0c 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 17:34:12
#247 ]
Cult Member

i have bigger mustache than you Dave Haynie!!!...

hazydave 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 17:50:38
#248 ]

@dolen

Quote:

I totally agree with Dave. I can run Linux and I can run XP. Would I run AmigaOS if I could? Absolutely, I would do everthing that would be possible on it!!

Of course you would. When I decided AmigaOS wasn't going anywhere (at the time, late '95) I got a BeBox and proceeded, back then, to try to do as much as possible on the BeOS, even though I had an A3000 (fully loaded) and a PC (pretty crappy) right next to it. This was well after many of the Amiga tools were "end of life". I didn't really start using the PC regularly until the BeOS was over with, other than for work (Scala and Metabox both demanded various PC tools, complilers, electronics CAD, etc). That was BeOS in that wikipedia photo (which I think is somewhere on the frogpondmedia site...)

Quote:

I would regain my C programming skills and improve myself.
I would make my workbench screen be the most beutiful one in the world.
I would enjoy the community.
I would brag about my short bootup time.
I would customize the OS.

It's probably a lot more than that. With the rise of Open Source, there's no really good reason you couldn't have full spec Web browsers, Email clients, Office tools, and a bunch of other stuff on the AmigaOS (any new release) at release. Time wise, that's a huge part of most of the time spent with regular PCs. I do yak about doing multimedia stuff -- because I do it, and because it once was synonymous with "Amiga".. eg, you SHOULD be doing that on anything called Amiga, which flips around to say that anything called Amiga should be able to do it. I also do CAD stuff, which used to be on Apollo/Mentor workstations, then Sun workstations, and now PCs. That's not really something I'd worry about not having on the PC; there are no CAD tools on MacOS of any value, and very little of this stuff even on Linux. For one, it's a tiny and expensive market (the Protel 2004 I run cost something like $8,000).

-Dave

dolen 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 17:52:26
#249 ]

Seriously. Cant we just have a poll here so that we can straighten things up.

How many of us would like AOS4 ported to x86-64.
How much would we pay.
How many would pay in advance

If there are enough money going in to the projekt, maybe there would be hope. Hyperion can still get software for there planned PPC embedded via crosscompile.

Maybe if enough people paid in advance more people could be hired for the port.

Maybe its time to face facts!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opi 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 17:57:09
#250 ]
Team Member

@dolen

Quote:
How many of us would like AOS4 ported to x86-64.

AmigaOS and 64 bits?

Quote:
How much would we pay.

Well, $100 is the highest I could spend for OS.

Quote:
How many would pay in advance

Nothing. We should learn from the past.

dolen 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 18:03:45
#251 ]

Maybe with enough money AINC/HYPERION could free up Amithlon and migrate to real native piece by piece. Than we would be up and running faster than we can have those PPCmobo/OS4!

There is also AROS to pick bits and peaces from for free to speed things up!!!

I REALLY HOPE HYPERION CONSIDERS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hazydave 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 18:10:59
#252 ]

@afxgroup

Quote:

Quote:
And the reason these live long? They're in fixed performance applications. No one asks for a CPU board upgrade for their toaster oven. In embedded, you pay the least possible amount of cash to get exactly the computing power you need -- anything more is a waste of money. That's diametrically opposed to the world of desktop computing, where more power is needed, now, and always will be (well, if not, Intel will convince everyone they do, or Microsoft will release a new OS that's 50% fatter than last year's model).

But why i must buy a new cpu every day if i write documents wit a word processor?

No need at all. Jeff Porter's sister wrote her first novel on the C64. My wife Liz wrote her Senior Honors English paper on a C64 (I wrote a driver to let it print out on one of the CBM daisy-wheel printers.. that was back in dot-matrix days).

Quote:

I'm not contrary to the improvements but seems if we have lost what a computer is and what we can do for it. Yes, new games needed power and games are absolutely necessary for a platform, but there are many graphics card that costs 600$ and after a week it half its price. But people bought this.

My whole "obsession", as you might call it, with performance here is twofold. One is my simple claim that anything called "Amiga" should be to today what Amiga was back in the day. In particularly, it should be capable of serious multimedia performance. I'd probably buy into the AmigaOS on the PS3 idea, simply because that would actually achieve that -- it could probably render my HD MPEG-4 videos faster than any PC, anywhere. It's not general purpose computing, but it's useful and "Amigaesque".

Second thing is this: there are not enough Amiga fans around to drive serious hardware development. I think that's been demonstrated. There may be enough to drive sufficient software development, but we'll have to see even about that (and I'm just talkin' OS, not applications). To make the market viable, you need non-Amiga people to buy into the vision. If this was a $20 Jeri-special joystick computer, you'd get people entirely on nostalgia and fun-hacking. At $800+, that's more of a real decision: do I buy that, a new camcorder (well, not a "Dave" camcorder, but a good one), a new guitar (well, not a Mike RIvers or Tony Sutherland guitar... Tony's my brother-in-law, and a luthier), 25 DVD players, an XBox360 AND a PSP, etc.

So how do you convince the end-user who's not an Amiga fan to buy? You need to make it very cool, or very cheap, or something compelling. You can pretty much assume they already have used PCs and maybe even Macs; you're not likely to deal with people who haven't touched computers. This is basic grade school education these days. My claim is that, when you're selling something that's a small fraction of the compute power of the default choice (the PC IS the default choice) to an end user, they are not compelled. This has been Apple's problem, too. And that's all before you even bring up the software question...

In reality, you don't need a 3GHz Athlon64 to do web browsing, email, or word processing. But it's the easiest growth path for regular computing, staying orthogonal with respect to all code, just one kind of CPU, even when multiples are present. That's not the most efficient way, but it's well proven.

Quote:

IMHO there is a final answer to this and AmigaOS need to find a SMALL piece of market where people doesn't needed the extreme power to use a word processor and you must admit that this is a peculiarity of Linux (mm.. not really.. )

Linux has plenty of "crunchy" apps. Check out Cinelerra, for example. Though it's true, much of the Linux stuff is focused toward servers and hackers... which makes sense. After all, they're the people writing it, and they're writing it largely for themselves.

-Dave

dolen 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 18:11:46
#253 ]

@opi

64 bit?!
yes obviously x86 32 is dying, 64 bit multicore is comming up.

However, going amithlon is still 32 bit but it would be better to aim at whats going to be available.

hazydave 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 18:21:02
#254 ]

@xeron

Quote:

Quote:

So I replaced it with a cheapish Acer Turion-based laptop.

Acer laptops offer astonishing value for money. I've found them to be right up there with all the "big" laptop brands like Apple, IBM, Sony and Toshiba in terms of both features AND quality, but without the price tag. If only they shipped with OS4...

Mine left out Firewire... so I bought a 3-port PC-Card, which also gets me the full size (6-pin) connectors. No biggie.
This is a great laptop, the AMD64's really fast, though I'm just running 32-bit stuff (you get a better FPU model in 64-bit mode). I'm quite pleased with Acer. I hear they're very big in Europe...

-Dave

AAAchipset 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 18:25:44
#255 ]

@opi

AmigaOS and 64 bits?
Well, $100 is the highest I could spend for OS.

Perhaps I could use my Party Pack or my Amiga Club Member to buy one copie
LOL

dolen 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 18:43:00
#256 ]

I could spend 100$ in advance if there were a real decision to migrate to x86 fastest way possable.

hazydave 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 19:02:34
#257 ]

@wegster

Quote:

wegster wrote:
@hazydave
You've commented a few times about a business model. Given the fact that:
- low production run, low spec hardware is not going to break into the desktop market without a pretty amazing and unlikely 'killer app' that doesn't seem to exist
- virtually zero funding exists as far as anyone is aware of.
- the current incarnation is not running on x86, regardless of why....

What would you consider a reasonable path to get....somewhere?

If I had better advice, I'd give. That whole "Freakx" interview was from a year or two ago, and I'm sure the question was in response to things I had said earlier. So this isn't exactly news. I don't know what you'd do from here, other than pursue embedded devices. You'll notice that 100% of my criticisms are levelled at AmigaOS on a "G4" or lesser PPC sitting proxy for a desktop machine. If you're building something else, it may well be a different story. After all, I was instrumental in designing a ColdFire-based set top box that ran a very, very Amiga-like OS. That made sense then; it could even make sense today, though I'd probably start with Linux -- the STB OS (called "CAoS"... Carsten and Andy's OS, with of course an homage to the never-released original Amiga shell) took two years to complete, from scratch. Or run with a working AmigaOS for PPC, _IF_ PPC was the right decision for the hardware.

Quote:

Hyperion continues to bring up embedded, and I suppose a Nostalgia oriented STB of some sort could work, maybe, yet there's no hardware or financing for it known of.

Thinking embedded is good for them... I never claimed to know their whole business plan. I simply claimed that I don't believe you can build a new Amiga desktop market based on any PPC, much less the lower end stuff. Particularly evident with desktop stuff that will vanish, now that Apple's leaving it.

Quote:

Even if there was, it would take some work to 'even' equal something like MythTv..

You are correct... of course, you could use MythTV itself, if that's any faster. STBs have little to fear from Open Source. But the basic concept you've nailed here is a critical one for STBs: they need to come with the software they need for most any application you intend to put on them. So we weren't just delivering an AmigaOS clone at Metabox, we had to have a PVR application, a DVD application, a DVB application, an IPG, an analog tuner application, a DRM manager (well, for the US/internet oriented unit), Web brower, Email application, secure applications environment (Java under MHP, and I was starting talks with Amiga, Inc. over AmigaDE before the whole thing at Metabox blew up). So thinking device space might match your hardware is good; thinking it's necessarily less code to write is flawed.

Quote:

I've got a (failed) startup hardware project behind me, and while not an OS or chipset guy, have seen good products fail, lousy products succeed (hello marketing), and keep trying to determine any path to even limited success, whereby 'success' is deemed as a growing user base, and allowing the OS development to continue while people get paid.

Absolutely. I've had several failed startups, but never a technically-based failure. We did good stuff, we generally got hit by questionable management, lack of others doing their jobs (fund raising, etc). It's never been the tech, and I'm damn proud of that, even when the product doesn't make it to market.

Of course, it helps to have a good management team and good salespeople. My current startup, Nomadio, got product to market last May, despite many faux pas, because everyone in the company worked as hard and effectively as the typical group of techies I had put together at other places. Or they didn't last (we've fired two software guys in the last three years).

Quote:

The only thing I can thinkingg of is to mimic Zeta on the hardware that 'fits closest' and will be available. As you've said, PS3's PPE and the XBox360 use stripped versions of PPC970 cores, so seems at least an easier short term goal than going to x86 or other arch, and there _will_ be tens of millions of units sold.

I don't really have a problem with the notion of AmigaOS on either of those machines, from a technical prespective. You have one CPU fast enough for the regular stuff, and you have those extra units to assist in the things that CPU can't do alone. The PC was always the platform that would have worked, but it doesn't define the only possibility. However, there are serious stumbling blocks.

Quote:

If AmigaOS4 were sold as an 'application' for one or both of these, hell, even a trial version of it, making it sort of a combination of AmigaForever and MythTV- slick frontend interface, package a nostaglia pack of classic games, as well as WorkBench...many would IMO pick it up at a reasonable cost if just for the nostalgia factor..and like the A500s, probably 90% of them would use it simply as it seems, a gateway back to yesterday.

There are two big-ass problems there. First is that, at least right now (or in June or so for the PS3), MS and Sony will be losing money on these platforms. The last thing they want is a reason for you to buy the hardware and never another thing. People did just that with the original X-Box, which is probably why MS is claiming to have lost in excess of $10 million so far on the product. That's chump change for Microsoft, but it's still real money. So the new machine will presumably resist some of this. Where's the porting guide, etc. Can you even sell a game without their explicit approval.

The other thing is that Microsoft, and persumably Sony, have plans beyond games. They want their game consoles to be the "digital hub" of your livingroom, not simply a game machine. So they'll play your DVDs (Sony's even Blu-Ray video discs), they'll suck up video and pictures and audio from your PC, they'll probably play broadband video at some point, etc. So they also don't want an alternative application running on that hardware, stealing their thunder in this space.

But it would be kind of funny

Quote:

But add to that the abillity to install to HD, and a set of updated SDK docs, RKRMs, and you _might_ manage to get enough people wondering enough to actually do some development on it to relive the bedroom coder days..

Hey, I'd port, at least, a parallel XViD rendering engine to it in a heatbeat. With proper documentation, this kind of idea would certainly have "the old Amiga buzz" about it; both of these machines are pretty hot stuff, from all appearances. So they're now comparable to a low-end PC in price; they both promise better (today) and more stable (for the next 3-5 years) platforms for gaming. Of course, gaming's largely driven the PC to it's current heights. These wouldn't make bad computers, I bet, for regular stuff. Particularly when you could enlist the extra processors (well, the XBox360 could actually run 6-way multithreaded/SMP code, it wouldn't have to resevere the extra juice for multimedia stuff).

So I do like this idea better... I just see giants like Sony and Microsoft standing in the road. Of course, IBM/Toshiba/Sony, at least, seem to have long-term plans, anyway, to enable the Cell processor for other uses. That's actually kind of compelling.... and I didn't think you guys had it in ya, to get me to say there here :-!

-Dave

Toaks 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 19:35:35
#258 ]
Elite Member

@hazydave

there is 2 interesting hardware bits comming soon...

1. From Elbox : Dragon (colfire board for the Classic Amiga (and supposedly the alleged Sharkppc board will be useable with that...) (both is on overtime in the waiting booth)

2. From Ackontrols : PowerVixxen , a PPC board which will work as a upgrade module for the Amiga1200 (and other classic amiga models if sales go well) but also the board will work standalone (ie without an a1200 board...) imo a good opertunity for old retro fans who is curious about OS4 etc and cannot afford or find the insanely expensive ppc boards whom phase5 produced back in the days.

the powervixxen was said to be very cheap compared to other amiga hw , iirc was something like 250 usd....might be wrong though (can't remeber the actual price 100% as it was after the irc session the 28th december 2005)

and ofcourse there is troika who will fill the gap (and then some i hope) with their new OS4 boards (also reasonably priced unlike the expensive AmigaOne's)..

i'm not saying everything will get bright from here and on but..its more like , what we have seen the last years on amiga is like a ####load compared to the dead times before 2001 till 97 or so.... i see new people popping up everyday whom either used to be an old amiga fan or had a brother who was or simply because they heard about it by accident or whatever, aslong as amiga grows there is hope though i'm not saying it will go mainstream as a desktop or whatever, not in a few years if so ;)

that said, everytime i see an AAA board i almost faint and keep going "WHAT IF?" for 2 days straight , i am sure you have done simmilar :I

Coder 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 20:16:43
#259 ]
Team Member

@Toaks

Quote:
2. From Ackontrols : PowerVixxen , a PPC board which will work as a upgrade module for the Amiga1200 (and other classic amiga models if sales go well) but also the board will work standalone (ie without an a1200 board...) imo a good opertunity for old retro fans who is curious about OS4 etc and cannot afford or find the insanely expensive ppc boards whom phase5 produced back in the days.

I really hope this one will make it for indeed a "cheap" price. Besides for people getting in "cheap" it would mean a sort of backup for me if my A1 fails. Because if it does I really don't have the cash to get me a new one.

Coder

nzv58l 
Posted on 13-Jan-2006 20:59:22
#260 ]

@Coder

You and me both!

However, if there were something like a cell version, I think I would just put it on the plastic.

I think a cheap board is a necessity for the Amiga. The more Amigans on board the better. At least in this early stage. We need ex-Amigans back in the fold to start writing applications. Without applications there is not much to sell a new comer.

I do not see new comers coming to the Amiga without some serious advertising. That is something the Amiga only had at it's opening, but never much afterwords. It is actually amazing the Amiga has sold so much at all.

I think simplicity is what sells nowadays. People want to plug in and forget about configurations or anything else. That is the only reason why people like the game systems over a PC. Plug it in, put your disk in and away you go. I think something around the CD-32 type of device would do good. It should not only do multimedia, but also do it simple so it is easy to use. Play a game, play a music CD, play a movie, play MP3's and yet be capable at surfing the web, writing a paper, printing a paper, touching up photos, etc... It is a tall order, but I think these things should be included in a modern OS. Bundled, installed and simple to use. Then all you would need to do from there is advertise.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle