Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 94 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 cdimauro:  50 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 32 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 34 mins ago
 Seiya:  5 hrs 21 mins ago
 matthey:  5 hrs 43 mins ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 53 mins ago
 vox:  6 hrs 57 mins ago
 kolla:  7 hrs 51 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Will Amy05 will be for sale this spring?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
Hondo 
Re: Will Amy05 will be for sale this spring?
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 19:13:12
#141 ]

@Seehund

Why don't you continue your negative comments somewhere else. Amigaworld is a positive place you know! - Yeah call us naive and too trusty, but that's exactly what kept this community alive for so many years. People like you don't bring anything constructive, only dark clouds and miserable attitudes. Why don't you go and start your own forum, and call it

www.we-hate-amiga-and-will-say-
negative-stuff-until-oneday-someone-proves-
us-wrong-then-we-suddenly-forget-but-dont-appologise-
for-our-yearlong-destructive-postings-on-happy-amiga-forums.net

-edit-

edited from work, bah!

Last edited by Bodie_CI5 on 30-Mar-2006 at 01:29 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
amipal 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 19:27:38
#142 ]

@Hondo_DK

Quote:
www.we-hate-amiga-and-will-say-negative-stuff-until-oneday-someone-proves-us-wrong-then-we-suddenly-forget-but-dont-appologise-for-our-yearlong-destructive-postings-on-happy-amiga-forums.net

Host lookup failed, no DNS entry found.

Rob 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 19:34:11
#143 ]
Elite Member

@Hondo_DK

Here here, very well stated.

Curty 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 19:42:12
#144 ]

@Hondo_DK

I agree some people could do with a mute button,
Now thats a project for someone.

TMTisFree 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 19:52:10
#145 ]

@Curty

Ohh yes, do me an automatically-skip-Seehund-or-put-a-nick-here-posts-button
at the right place (near the report button?), what very good idea!!!
ohh do also an automatically-skip-liars-posts-button and an
automatically-skip-all-these-stupid/repetitive/ininteresting-threads-button
also.

Ohh yes be imaginative, and we will be between Amiga friends here.

Bye,
TMTisFree

Seehund 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 20:16:48
#146 ]

@Hondo_DK

Quote:

Hondo_DK wrote:
@Seehund

Why don't you continue your negative comments somewhere else. Amigaworld is a positive place you know! - Yeah call us naive and too trusty, but that's exactly what kept this community alive for so many years. People like you don't bring anything constructive, only dark clouds and miserable attitudes. Why don't you go and start your own forum, and call it
[snip page-widening crapflood]

I'll be blunt, partly because I think it's pointless to try to adress your personal attacks with any faked and meaningless politeness:

That's honestly among the most utterly idiotic things I have read! It's like a goddamn parody of what used to be wrong with AW.net!

I thought, well, hoped, that there was a chance that you were just joking in post #60, but apparently not. Aren't you embarrassed at all? Is this some sort of language barrier thing?

"Being constructive" does not equal ignoring the problems and the astonishing f-ckups that has brought AmigaOS to the miserable DEADLOCK it is in today. "Being constructive" does not equal putting on a fake front and speak positively about things everyone knows are negative. "Being constructive" does not equal telling people to shut up about actual, obvious and most real problems. That is anything but "constructive"! It's outright DESTRUCTIVE. It's what we in the community and AmigaOS have had far too much of the last few years. The naïvety and blind trust which you praise might feel good for a while, but in the long run it's destructive. It doesn't keep anything alive, it kills while pretending to keep alive.

No more, no thanks.

The bad thing isn't the people who point at the "dark clouds". It's the dark clouds that are bad. They won't go away just by shutting up about them and pretending it's sunny. Telling those who own the leaking roof to fix it before the house you happen to care about gets ruined by the rain is a more constructuve strategy.

If more people had actually given a flying f-ck about AmigaOS, then they would have cried bloody murder when they saw where things were heading with the "AmigaOne" and hardware licensing ideas. Now when the damage is done, and by now the damage should be bleedin' obvious even to the most secluded fanatics, it might be too late to speak up. But you, Hondo_DK, persist in "sticking your head in a camel's behind", as you so eloquently put it! Hopefully you don't have to share that rectal abode with too many others these days. Come out in the real world when it gets lonely. You'll have to live with that people sometimes speak their mind on discussion forums, instead of only parroting "officially" sanctioned feel-good lies. :P

Edit: fixed broken link

Last edited by Seehund on 29-Mar-2006 at 08:17 PM.

pixie 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 20:17:09
#147 ]
Elite Member

@Hondo_DK

Please break your post

1) You happen to love Amiga Inc's 'work'?
2) Do you think Amiga have been in the right track all the way?

Seer 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 20:35:01
#148 ]
Team Member

@Rogue

OS 4 is not only a desktop OS, but also aims at embedded markets.

Don't get me wrong I didn't mean to say you / Hyperion should stop the project, I have no idea what deals you may or may not have. Just pointing out that, as a commercial company, Hyperion may stop the development if it feels there's no benefit to continue it anymore. (IE the love for the OS outweighs the commercial interest)

For what it's worth I do hope OS4 continues for as long as you guys can continue and you're work isn't for nothing ..

(Same goes to the MOS programmers and even AROS (that has a different goal)

Rudei 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 20:40:51
#149 ]
Elite Member

@Hondo_DK

I think Seehund is simply commenting on the way he sees it.
I do not think we can critisise him for his opinion even though it might not sit with your point of view.

Rude!

Flexinoodle 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 21:45:26
#150 ]

@Hondo_DK

Quote:

Hondo_DK wrote:
@Negative persons (you know who you are)

Could you please go and stick your head in some ugly camels behind, instead of annoying the heck out of us positive and naive amigans here on amigaworld. Some of us her (98%) REALLY belives that new hardware are coming, and a lovely new AmigaOS with it. We belive in the amiga platform, and we have every right to no matter what.

Everytime there is just a tiny amount of positivity in a thread, you idiots show up and try to spoil the good mood. I really would like if you would go away......AND STAY OUT!!!

If you can't say anything constructive don't say nothing at all.

Wow
Thinking isn't your favourite past time then ?

Legion 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 22:42:02
#151 ]
Cult Member

@Rudei

I agree, but it's not the opinion insofar as it is wrong or overly dismal. It's the placement and presentation of said opinions that irritates. If we were discussing AmigaOS on x86, then his opinion on such would be more than welcome. However, his opinion in a light-hearted hardware speculation thread (such as this one) of doom-n-gloom, insinuating that Amy2005 is a dream and we're foolish to think otherwise is really just a thorn in the side.

He's clearly an intelligent guy, no one disputes that. I think he just views us all as apologists and hazed-over fanboys who can't see the situation clearly, and that isn't so. We DO see the situation clearly.

1). AmigaOS4 is PPC.
2). We await PPC hardware to run it on
3). For now, THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS. These things have already been set in motion, and we have no control over them. It's already been done. Whether it was a mistake or not history will surely decide, but his opinion about x86 at this stage of the game, particularly in this thread, is really just pointless irritant. Place it where appropriate, that's all I'm saying.

_ThEcRoW 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 23:51:15
#152 ]
Cult Member

@Hondo_dk

Is there any reason for being positive? Are you already seen a working prototype of the troika board?

An the list of questions goes on and on....

Mac Mini G4 1GB Ram with the butterfly!!

The_Editor 
Posted on 29-Mar-2006 23:57:59
#153 ]
Elite Member

@Seehund

I doubt they'll ever be new hardware.

Gone fishing !!

umisef 
Posted on 30-Mar-2006 1:08:14
#154 ]

@Legion

Quote:
We DO see the situation clearly.

Let's put it mildly --- some people don't.

Some people look at the Troika website and see photos of parts being delivered, design documents and progress reports, and decide that everything must be fine, hardware will be just around the corner, and anyone doubting that is a heretic. Never mind that hardware was just around the corner 6 months ago, and anyone doubting it then was a heretic, too.

Meanwhile, you have others who look at the Troika website and say "you WHAT?". Yes, there is a photo of three chips that are at least the right case to be a Tsi107. But Tundra's own photos of the Tsi107 (one of which was used on the "Specification" page of Troika's website) clearly show a label printed on the chip, yet those in the photo are blank. Tundra's design guide actually shows parts on the underside of the case, yet once again, those in the photo do not show such parts, or even pads for them.
There is also a conveniently fuzzy closeup of what is supposed to be a SIL680. Why so fuzzy? And while it *is* horribly hard due to the fuzzyness, each time I count pins on the right edge of that chip, I count 40. But a SIL680 has 36 pins on each side...

Then you have the "layouts", which look very impressive to someone who has never done this, but are just hilarious to look at if you know what you are looking at. But hey, at least there *are* 144 pin LGFP chips in it --- alas, there are TWO, not one, and they are nowhere near the IDE ports. Similarly, hiding all your voltage regulators behind the PCI slots, on the opposite side of the board from the ATX connector and the actual CPU, is complete lunacy. Similarly, placing a whole bunch of through-hole components between your memory controller (here the Tsi107) and the DIMM sockets is just asking for heartbreak when you try and get the connections routed.
Just think about it --- look at the number of pins on the PCI connectors; Most of those need to connect to the Tsi107. At the same time, most of the pins on the DIMM slots need to connect to the Tsi107. Yet a fair number of pins from the IDE slots need to connect to those LGFP144 chips up top, the CPU needs to connect to the Tsi107, the ATX power needs to connect to the voltage regulators, and the voltage regulators need to connect back to the CPU (and those power connections need LOTS of copper to provide stable power). And talking about voltage regulators --- where are the inductors? Where are the BIG caps?

Very little info is available from Troika. What IS available only serves to create more doubt about their legitimacy. You, personally, might see that "clearly", but if you read this thread, you can find many posts showing a distinct lack of such clarity...

jahc 
Posted on 30-Mar-2006 1:17:23
#155 ]
Elite Member

@Hondo_DK

can you change the length of your "link" so that it doesnt make this page twice the width of my 1024x768 screen? it pisses me off when people do that. to read the posts on this page I had to keep scrolling left to right, left to right for every ####ing line.

Tomas 
Posted on 30-Mar-2006 1:23:03
#156 ]
Elite Member

@jahc
It dosent even fit on my 1280x1024 resolution.

retro 
Posted on 30-Mar-2006 2:41:30
#157 ]

as it is now, i am happy with my aone, but yes new hardware is needed, but in the main time hyperion has time to work on the os.

Legion 
Posted on 30-Mar-2006 3:19:04
#158 ]
Cult Member

@umisef

Quote:
Some people look at the Troika website and see photos of parts being delivered, design documents and progress reports, and decide that everything must be fine, hardware will be just around the corner, and anyone doubting that is a heretic. Never mind that hardware was just around the corner 6 months ago, and anyone doubting it then was a heretic, too.

No, their just tired of watching threads denigrate into flamewars. We know what the situation is, but we're hopeful, thats all. Hope for the best. Glass is half full, you know? They aren't blind, man...

As for the rest of your post, of course you bring up some valid points, which I won't disagree with: OT for a second:

(one thing I'll point out is that some boards power regulation is better than others; in particular ppc needn't be as robust. For instance, take a peak at
this
piece of crap. How many caps do you see? Yet it still runs, and it's x86 to boot )

Anyway, it just gets tiring, that's all. If it really gets you down that much you should probably just go and come back later to see if something good has come of things. Its out of our hands at the moment.

WOSPUPOS4 
Posted on 30-Mar-2006 5:34:52
#159 ]

@AW.net 3L17 Members
If it's a closed envioronment with no discussinons of truth or how things are opposed to how things is belived. Then wh not make AW.net an AmigaONE owner ONLY site ?

Think about it. Kick all members who don't have an A1 and can run OS4. Then you can sitt in your closed bubble and let the sun shine while the rest of the Amiga comunity can face the real world.

Samwel 
Posted on 30-Mar-2006 6:11:26
#160 ]
Elite Member

@WOSPUPOS4

Please.. No one wants that. Most people want to discuss subjects rationally and not get
rants about lies, crooks and whatever thrown in their faces ALL the time. That's all.

[SOLD] µA1-C - 750GX 800MHz - 512MB - Antec Aria case

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle