Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 129 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

kolla

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  4 mins ago
 amigakit:  13 mins ago
 Rob:  28 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  58 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 pavlor:  3 hrs 17 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Poll : Will we see pictures from ACK today as promised?
yes
no
his camera broke
it's not Tuesday in Alaska
wait, THIS Tuesday?
maybe
pancakes are your friend

PosterThread
Anonymous 
Re: [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:02:40
# ]

@Kronos

PLEASE, i¨'m begging you. Don't give up We want your products, and you can definitely count on me. I want to buy your PowerVixxen TL when it's released

I'm very very much sorry for your father being ill. I know what i means to loose someone you love when they die, as i have lost someone in my life myself. I will avoid getting personal here, as there is a P.M for that. As someone suggested, you can report the personal insults to the moderators of the site, and they will do something about it. Lets stand together and keep fighting. People like you and me love the Amiga, right? I'm sure you love Amiga so much as i do. Never give up. Keep fighting Some members here simply don't understand....

Last edited by Helgis on 14-Jun-2006 at 04:54 PM.

Report this post  
samface 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:03:08
#162 ]

@Turrican3

You truely are delusional if you think there is any kind of profit to be made in the Amiga market. Please do go ahead and start your own Amiga business and try to make a profit. As the owner of my own firm, I'm experienced enough to realize the plausibility of Alan Redhouse's statement that it would've been cheaper to give AmigaOne owners $100 each instead of selling them an AmigaOne. Think about it for a moment.

MINDRELEASE.net - The Non-Commercial Network of Digital Arts.

Samworks D & C - Professional Web Development (in Swedish)

Profile     Report this post  
BigD 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:05:28
#163 ]
Elite Member

@BobW

True, the futures dim and the profit margins are small and they probably do love the platform. The problem is all this waiting is making the trolls mad!!! I can't blame them, we've seen projects similar to the ACK/Troika projects come and go. I have patience personally, but it's a sad and depressing process. I believe OS4.0 final version will see a launch in some guise or other. It's a shame it will probably be about the same time M$ Vista or the PS3 comes out. The hype will drown out the new Amiga for sure!!! Mainstream this ain't

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:05:38
# ]

@samface

We don't want to hear ANYTHING about giving up the whole Amiga thing! Adam and ACK should bring new OS4 hardwares as announced, and the reason for being here is because the love of Amiga and fighting for a better future for it, not for killing it!

Report this post  
DoctorQ 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:06:05
#165 ]

@Helgis

I think you have misunderstood something, or adressed your post to the wrong person...

-Sam- 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:09:13
#166 ]
Elite Member

@Helgis

Quote:
If it shows that Adam truly has left all his projects to death and left Amiga in sadness of most of your criticts and some personal attacks making him look like a great fool (which he isn't), then i will never ever forgive you and then i might leave AmigaWorld, too...

Well look - let's put it this way. Anyone who wants to take on building new hardware for the Amiga has my complete respect. The majority of people here will back them all the way as long as everything is sensible.

If you're going to jack it in because of the odd email then there is no-way you've got the necessary mental energy to see this sort of thing through to the end anyway.

Rogue must have titanium skin to have gotten this far.

I don't get the impression that ACK controls is a quitter and hope I'm not proved wrong.

We can just all calm down and go again. It's doesn't have to be a problem.

-Sam- 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:11:05
#167 ]
Elite Member

@DoctorQ

Quote:
I think you have misunderstood something, or adressed your post to the wrong person...

Maybe not. Maybe you're working on a secret project.

BigD 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:11:16
#168 ]
Elite Member

@samface

Eyetech couldn't make a business model work. Fair enough! They were waiting for a big order from industry in Asia, and it never came. Again, bad luck, but it's understandable. I assume both Troika and ACK have done their homework and have the ability to break even at the very least! The Amiga needs a long term business approach. Short term profits will not be readily available but surely this could improve in the future!

Last edited by BigD on 14-Jun-2006 at 04:12 PM.

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:11:29
#169 ]

@samface

Quote:
You truely are delusional if you think there is any kind of profit to be made in the Amiga market.

Vesalia? Individual Computers? Amigakit?

Actually, you can make profit in this market. It won't make yourself a millionaire however and there is a great deal of idealism involved.

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:13:00
#170 ]

@samface

Quote:
I'm experienced enough to realize the plausibility of Alan Redhouse's statement that it would've been cheaper to give AmigaOne owners $100 each instead of selling them an AmigaOne.

I didn't believe him for a second.

DoctorQ 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:13:22
#171 ]

@-Sam-

Quote:

-Sam- wrote:
@DoctorQ

Quote:

Maybe not. Maybe you're working on a secret project.

He he, very funny. I could make a joke, but it wouldn't be appropriate at this point.

Tomas 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:13:52
#172 ]
Elite Member

@Helgis
Quote:
If it shows that Adam truly has left all his projects to death and left Amiga in sadness of most of your criticts and some personal attacks making him look like a great fool (which he isn't), then i will never ever forgive you and then i might leave AmigaWorld, too...

If so, then you are not totally innocent there as well, as i have seen you critisized a bit here and there too. It is totally normal to be skeptic and share views regarding that, and adam should really not take this personal, but he should instead try to prove us wrong.

Pure personal attacks on the other hand i agree should not happen here.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:18:25
# ]

@DoctorQ

I'm sure i haven't misunderstood anything, but replying to wrong person here maybe. I appologize...

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:19:29
# ]

@Tomas

I might not have been completely innocent, but i never said i never wanted ACK products to arrive, as i DO want them to come, and i have NEVER insulted Adam or his company as some of you have. No offense...

Report this post  
-Sam- 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:19:46
#175 ]
Elite Member

@Tomas

Quote:
adam should really not take this personal, but he should instead try to prove us wrong.

That's the correct spirit.

Quote:
Pure personal attacks on the other hand i agree should not happen here.

No they shouldn't but sometimes it happens so you have to deal with them in the right way. Easier said than done of course.

ssolie 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:20:08
#176 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos and some others
Quote:
My best wishes, but...

That was fine up to the "but" part. There comes a time when the argument should be stopped. That time was after "wishes."

madtrekker 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:20:22
#177 ]

@Turrican3

Quote:
I see these things a bit differently: I believe that everyone's involved in the Amiga market is trying to gain profits from an ever shrinking user community, which has been misled too many times in the past, and unfortunately, it seems this trend has not been reversed yet.

There are far, far, easier ways to make far more profit. It's virtually commercial suicide to do anything in the Amiga market. I'm 100% certain that anyone seriously attempting to launch products in this market is doing it because of their love for Amiga.

Quote:
BUT, please understand that many Amigans' patience is wearing thin and if there's someone to blame, that is companies "producing" vapourware, not users getting annoyed because they ultimately can't buy (i.e. give money to them!!!) products they wanted so badly...

You say this as if you believe that all of these companies are deliberately producing vapourware to annoy everyone. I'd bet that the majority of those 'vapuorware' projects were conceived with the best intentions, but failed to materialise simply because bringing any complex product into the Amiga market is no easy task.

Bear in mind that the people working on these projects really owe Amiga users nothing until they start taking money. I'm beginning to gain an understanding of why many people choose to keep very quiet during development stages of projects, despite almost daily requests for more information. As soon as any information is released it is pounced upon, dissected and scrutinised and then the flames begin.

If in response to the constant demand for estimated dates, some are given, then if there is the slightest deviation everyone immediately claims that the project must be a vapourware hoax. I cannot imagine what it would be like to develop anything under these circumstances. It seems that to develop Amiga hardware you must either have an incredibly thick skin, or keep very, very quiet.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:20:50
# ]

@-Sam-

I don't think Adam and ACK will quit. That's exactly what we have to prevent. We must show support and let them know how much we want their products to see the light of day...

Report this post  
Turrican3 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:21:17
#179 ]

@samface

Quote:
As the owner of my own firm, I'm experienced enough to realize the plausibility of Alan Redhouse's statement that it would've been cheaper to give AmigaOne owners $100 each instead of selling them an AmigaOne. Think about it for a moment.

They even told us they don't care for the Amiga.

Hyperion says (more or less) that desktop is not the way to go... (and please note, they're the one I respect the most, yet being a SH their efforts desperately need some HW!)

Eyetech tried to sell A1's as cheap Linux boxes... apparently they were unable to do so, and disappeared.

Troika and ACK: can't say a thing for the latter, but what should I think about a company which makes its major HW announcement on a Linux site?!

Many people has already said what I actually meant (sorry, maybe it's my English that's far from benig perfect), I understand it's a difficult market but I also find it hard to believe that those guys aren't expecting some profit, at least from the HW, considering how expensive it is.

Or will be, should I say, since (again) there's nothing I can buy right now

pixie 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 16:23:01
#180 ]
Elite Member

@samface

Quote:
It is people like you that deserve to not be able to buy any products.

FYI law forbiden this kind of cases... you might just as well wonder why

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle