Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 104 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 NutsAboutAmiga:  5 mins ago
 AndreasM:  12 mins ago
 kolla:  37 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 kiFla:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 kriz:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  2 hrs 41 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 56 mins ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 7 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Poll : Will we see pictures from ACK today as promised?
yes
no
his camera broke
it's not Tuesday in Alaska
wait, THIS Tuesday?
maybe
pancakes are your friend

PosterThread
BigD 
Re: [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:27:18
#221 ]
Elite Member

@Helgis

This isn't worth the agro. I'm off to play Delphine's - Another World. I suggest everyone takes a chill pill (not advocating drugs of course ) and does something simililar!!!

Profile     Report this post  
Yo 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:27:29
#222 ]
Team Member

@Helgis

Helgis, Helgis, Helgis............
Remember the count to 10 thing?
Remember the 'don't be rude to a mod (or anyone else, for that matter) thing?

(I'll tell you, there is nothing wrong with a flushing toilet... especially if you have had to make do with a Porta-Potty...)

PLEASE don't get yourself banned again. Because if you do... it will be no one's fault but your own.

And how about buying some decaf, when you are next at the shops...

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

COBRA 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:27:33
#223 ]

@polka.

Quote:
Do you find it appropriate to address to "all" and "you" when there was only a _single_ person that has personally attacked Adam?

There has been more than one, for instance someone was making fun of him, calling him "Mr. VaporAdam"... I just don't get it. If you're disappointed, be sad, cry, give up, leave, or whatever, but what's the point in attacking and insulting those who are at least trying to do something to improve the situation?

I have no idea if we'll see new boards from Adam (he is a very capable engineer with very little time) and I have no faith in Troika. Yet I dont spend my time criticising them. Why should I care? If something comes out of those projects, I'll be happy, the more hardware the better.

-Sam- 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:27:51
#224 ]
Elite Member

@Herewegoagain

Quote:
Troika, lol... I'm not wasting any more time with that. It appears that they were depending on Adam for the Amy05, so there goes that...

Really? Is that true?

So the whole Amiga future was relying on one guy that 'seems' (a chance yet) to have been put off by a few forum posts?

Would be amazingly funny if it wasn't so sad.

Quote:
For the love of God, please shut up and get a life.

Helgis is harmless enough.

Quote:
It's time to close the book on this whole Amiga Fiasco (tm). It's done.. stick a fork in it. For those of you who enjoy being torchured, stay here. I'm over it.

You have to keep perspective. It shouldn't be 'torturing' anybody. If it is then you need to take a break for a while. The Amiga died (as a true force) in 1994. All we're doing is keeping an eye out on the hopeful chance that something might happen.

Not sure who said it earlier but 'we've nothing to loose'.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:29:28
# ]

@ackcontrols

I don't know what @OldTimeUser said, but it was sure an insult of some kind

Please believe that this was an opinion/statement of only one guy out in the
dust, disappointed with his life and things going for him it seems, we aren't
all like that.

I for one would be very happy to buy your products, regardless the time you
need to finish it, i'll gladly wait...

I too hope your father get well soon, just don't drop it right now, that would
only feed the trolls...

You can do it, Adam

Report this post  
BobW 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:30:29
#226 ]

@pixie

Quote:
Blamming this thread because one single person attack (which is now restricted), is getting out of hand... how is that one could possible knew the Adam's father problem?

I wasn't blaming the entire thread. Thats not the point. The point was that it was pretty clear that there were individuals so busy bashing each other that they totally missed an important post. I've seen this in more than one thread.

tomazkid 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:31:17
#227 ]
Team Member

@Yo

Quote:
Helgis, Helgis, Helgis............
Remember the count to 10 thing?

He seems to have forgotten the "wait an hour before pressing "submit" :-p

COBRA 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:34:48
#228 ]

@Helgis

Quote:
Well, now it seems to be too late Adam has gone and ACK might be no more. You of ones criticing the whole thing here have killed any chance for new Amiga hardwares to ever see the light of day, and this put AmigaOS4 for PPC into danger of also see the light of day?

I think Hyperion made it quite clear that they will make sure that the money they invested in OS4 will not go to waste and Hyperion have shown their credibility by taking AmigaOS to where it is now, and taking it further all the time.

If they were not sure that new hardware is on its way, do you think they would keep developing OS4 and releasing updates? They are continuing development of OS4 confidently without hesitation and I think this speaks for itself.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Adam will not stop his projects because a few people have instulted him on a forum. He will just stop coming to AW.net and he will probably not comment on the state of his projects any more. People wanted him to keep them up to date with what's happening with his projects. He tried, it turned out to be a disaster. Which proves the point I made some time ago: The only thing people want to hear is: it's finished.

wegster 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:35:56
#229 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
I don’t think we are victims of too many scams, but there have bin too many fail attempts, I’m shore ACK is not trying to play the Amiga community for fools, designing hardware and writing software take time and it’s not easy, showing a few pictures of some proto types is not going to save ACK from producing vapour if he can’t get it working.

Agree. I don't think either Adam/ACK nor Troika is _intentionally_ miselading things. Adam actually, moreso than anything heard from Troika so far, has been pretty forthcoming in IRC, and I certainly get the impression he is _trying_ to do something here.

Neither company seems to get the whole 'public image' concept well, and I think both remain overly optimistic on statements and deadlines, which makes things worse from the public perspective...and I wish both of them would basically 'get a clue' in this respect, or of course, release something, but..we'll see.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:36:31
# ]

@tomazkid and yo

I'm pretty much very balanced now, thank you, but thank you again for reminding me...

Now i don't know what to even feel. I don't want to run Windows again, please

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:38:03
# ]

@wegster

This is undoubly a very difficult and unpleasant situation that has yet happened to the Amiga....Very much sad indeed. Can't help feeling very disappointed. This is breaking my hart and everything of Amiga i have believed in... *sigh*

Report this post  
-Sam- 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:38:44
#232 ]
Elite Member

@wegster

Quote:
Neither company seems to get the whole 'public image' concept well, and I think both remain overly optimistic on statements and deadlines, which makes things worse from the public perspective...and I wish both of them would basically 'get a clue' in this respect, or of course, release something, but..we'll see.

If anything good comes from this thread then I hope it is the reading and understanding of the statement you just made. A good point.

Last edited by -Sam- on 14-Jun-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Last edited by -Sam- on 14-Jun-2006 at 05:39 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:41:39
# ]

@COBRA

I really hope you're right on that. The whole situation has just grownt very sad

Report this post  
tomazkid 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:43:22
#234 ]
Team Member

@wegster

Quote:
Adam actually, moreso than anything heard from Troika so far, has been pretty forthcoming in IRC, and I certainly get the impression he is _trying_ to do something here.

True.

The important think now for Adam is his father I recon, that's understandable.
The hardware is after all just hardware, and people should always go first, especially the loved ones.

tomazkid 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:44:14
#235 ]
Team Member

@Helgis

Quote:
I'm pretty much very balanced now, thank you, but thank you again for reminding me...

Just stay

The is always a tomorrow.

wegster 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:46:54
#236 ]
Elite Member

@samface

Quote:
1. Adam just likes the attention and made this whole thing up, even getting Hyperion in on it too, supporting him by saying that they have a funtional CPU upgrade for their AmigaOne and everything.

I must have missed this..? Did Hyperion say they have a CPU upgrade module from ACK somewhere?

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:47:32
# ]

@tomazkid

I will stay and i will give into everything to fight for the Amiga, and i won't allow no one to ever try destroying a company or a persons' chance to come up with potensial new Amiga hardwares that are meant to run AmigaOS4

I'm here to stay and i'll fight to death

Report this post  
wegster 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:52:13
#238 ]
Elite Member

@Derfs

Quote:

Derfs wrote:
@wegster

i hope he doesnt post pictures, as it shows from this extremely misguided thread no one in the amiga scene (note i didnt say community) deserves them.

as a moderator i would have thought you would know a bad idea for a poll from the start, as all this did was open the gates to waves and waves of crap.

Except for one thing. Had I not started it, someone else would have, whether as a poll or a thread. As an AW user, you should already know that!

Yeah, the flames are getting out of hand, but that would be the case regardless of if this specific thread was started or not. Adam's given a reason of his father being in the hospital, and in that case, I wish him and his family the best, and hope at some future date we see something on 'what happened,' but in the meanwhile, his family is certainly more important.

Yo 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:54:32
#239 ]
Team Member

@Helgis
Quote:
I'm here to stay and i'll fight to death

I don't think anyone (sane) would disagree with you on that Helgis......

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 17:55:38
# ]

@All

Trying to calm down but being focused on this topic, i have to remind everybody that the main reason why we are in AmigaWorld, is because we love the Amiga, and we should remember that. We are not here to kill the Amiga and simply give it up and let it die. I believe the Amiga can do it again and it has already proven a lot with AmigaOS4 and AmigaOnes. We have seen what the Amiga is capable of doing in these modern days, and we all know how important new PPC Amiga-hardwares will be. ACK has great solutions and plans for that, and i for once want to see Adam and ACK releasing these great products! Both the stand-alone PowerVixxen TL, the CPU-modules and the Vixxen LT for Classic Amigas, and of course i want to see the final AmigaOS4 on PPC-hardwares. Pre4 was already now just brilliant and i had a lot of fun with it...

I really hope ACK will complete their projects and release these products. I am even willing to investigate a lot of money into PowerVixxen TL. Why do you think i made the topic about buying PowerVixxen TL? Cause i want it so much! That's why...

Now please be kind and give any support to Adam and ACK, then we will see the products, i'm sure of it

Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle