Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 89 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

Rob,  matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  46 secs ago
 matthey:  1 min ago
 kiFla:  25 mins ago
 zipper:  26 mins ago
 kolla:  51 mins ago
 Hypex:  52 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 1 min ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  2 hrs 50 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Poll : Will we see pictures from ACK today as promised?
yes
no
his camera broke
it's not Tuesday in Alaska
wait, THIS Tuesday?
maybe
pancakes are your friend

PosterThread
evilrich 
Re: [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 6:49:18
#321 ]
Cult Member

@umisef

Quote:
There also seems to be quite a range of things called "G4"; Maybe some of the 7xxx models are more forgiving than others...

Not that I want to get dragged into this tedious debate, but I seem to remember (correct me if I've mis-remembered this) that the A1-XE has a different revision of the Articia to the Peg 1 and the A1-SE. That might explain why a lot of A1-XE users are happily using G4 chips (and some are even over-clocking them when they replace the inadequate cooling solution provided).

I'm not about to dismantle my A1-XE and my Peg 1 to compare the chips, however.

Cheers,
Rich

Profile     Report this post  
Samwel 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 6:50:45
#322 ]
Elite Member

@umisef

Maybe MAI fixed the problem in a later version of Articia S? They used a newer
version for XE. All SE models had G3 soldered didn't they? SE had the same
version of Articia S as Pegasos I.

EDIT: Ooops Mr Drummond beat me to it

Last edited by Samwel on 15-Jun-2006 at 06:53 AM.

[SOLD] µA1-C - 750GX 800MHz - 512MB - Antec Aria case

amigacooke 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 7:32:35
#323 ]

Another of those threads that does no credit to the 'Amiga' community.

JurassicC 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 7:44:04
#324 ]

@amigacooke

Agreed.... the hostility here is really brewing... wonder if its got anything todo with the fact we have just past 06/06/06 ??

Anonymous 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 8:10:04
# ]

@Wegster

It seems however that i have incorrectly again got an abuse warning? Why is that? I haven't done anything wrong this time, really, and i was just reacting normally on this very serious and sad situation? Could you have a look at this with the other moderators then report back to me, so we can discuss this warning about abusement in private message?

I just meant to say that something had to be done to stop the others from throwing in more attacks to Adam, causing him to drop the plans. Seeing how AmigaWorld has turnt out to be in the end, leaving only AmigaWorld and completing the projects in secret would probably be more adviceable?

Report this post  
CodeSmith 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 8:14:05
#326 ]
Elite Member

@JurassicC

I think it's because this time it looked like it was really going to be for real, and we got the carrot pulled at the last minute yet again. I understand why it happened and would have done exactly the same thing as Adam, but (especially after Adam's last comment along the lines of "I'm outta here") it's really looking like there's now nothing left and it's really RIP Amiga. That's what's making people angry.

wegster 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 8:22:25
#327 ]
Elite Member

@Helgis

Quote:
It seems however that i have incorrectly again got an abuse warning? Why is that? I haven't done anything wrong this time, really, and i was just reacting normally on this very serious and sad situation? Could you have a look at this with the other moderators then report back to me, so we can discuss this warning about abusement in private message?

Speaking of PMs...you should have sent one, asking about why you were Moderated and/or had an AR processed. Please respond via PM if you respond. It looks like an AR was processed against you for post #215 in this thread...no idea what the pre-edited content was at the moment, trying to find out. We've had a flurry of ARs coming from this thread, processed by multiple people...

Quote:
I just meant to say that something had to be done to stop the others from throwing in more attacks to Adam, causing him to drop the plans. Seeing how AmigaWorld has turnt out to be in the end, leaving only AmigaWorld and completing the projects in secret would probably be more adviceable?

Well, if some forum posts truly made Adam drop his hardware plans versus quitting the forum...I simply don't know what to say there other than online business with a forum/online community really needs thicker skin. The personal attacks are way out of line, however, and have been, and will continue to be, dealt with.

Having said that, this thread has really run it's course and then some. While some of the side convos may be interesting, I think most that could be said, and some things that shouldn't have been, about the subject, have already been said. If anyone has anything truly 'important' AND on topic, I'd suggest saying it before much longer, as this thread is pretty close to being locked.

wolfe 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 8:27:19
#328 ]

@JurassicC

Quote:

Agreed.... the hostility here is really brewing... wonder if its got anything todo with the fact we have just past 06/06/06 ??

The made us do it . . .

Just gave the trolls an excuse for bad behavior, how politically correct of you . .

Anonymous 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 8:27:41
# ]

@wegster

I understand. I'm using a librarys' computer while waiting for my computer to be fixed. I just sent a P.M to you. I know we don't always agree, but i should be happy that i'm trying to keep it as nice as possible at least...

I know this topic might have gone too far. At least i didn't make this topic...

I'm trying to avoid spamming, so i don't think a repetation (did i spell it right?) of this situation is necessary. Shortly said. It's just very much sad...

It would be good that this topic would be locked. But i wonder how Adam feels about the whole thing. He might be pretty much upset...

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 9:03:35
# ]

@All

These sad rumours about Adam considering to leave the whole thing is also going strong in www.naf.as in Norwegian. The answer is quite clear: It's extremely incompetent, stupid and rather selffish to critic a man to show pictures when his father actually has gone to hospital. That's why he is not able to show pictures yet, and still a lot of you are making complaints about that? What's the matter with you?

No point in repeating the necessarity to stop this insanity. We should show him support and show him how much we want his products to arrive...

I won't say any more on this, in fear of spamming myself without knowing it...

Report this post  
spacemonkey 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 9:27:27
#331 ]

@ackcontrls

sorry to hear about your dad hope he is Ok
Can some please delete this thread, words fail me.
The bravery of what people will say behind the protection keyboard never fails to surprise me.

zErec 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 9:42:51
#332 ]
Cult Member

@evilrich

You remembered right !!! That´s thrue they are different

Quote:

evilrich wrote:
@umisef

[quote]...the A1-XE has a different revision of the Articia to the Peg 1 and the A1-SE. That might explain why a lot of A1-XE users are happily using G4 chips (and some are even over-clocking them when they replace the inadequate cooling solution provided).
Cheers,
Rich

- ATARI Falcon/060/SuperVidel // ATARI Falcon MK X

pixie 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 9:48:26
#333 ]
Elite Member

@spacemonkey

Quote:
The bravery of what people will say behind the protection keyboard never fails to surprise me.

And consequently it can't have the same value it would have if people otherwise people said it in person, now can it?

What happened to 'stick and bones can hurt me'...

Last edited by pixie on 15-Jun-2006 at 09:54 AM.

Colin_Camper 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 9:49:37
#334 ]

@wegster

Quote:
Well, if some forum posts truly made Adam drop his hardware plans versus quitting the forum...I simply don't know what to say there other than online business with a forum/online community really needs thicker skin. The personal attacks are way out of line, however, and have been, and will continue to be, dealt with.

I agree with much of what you said.
However I do not agree with attempts to 'demonise' this thread.
98% of the thread before Adam announced his personal news was about the delay of the photographs and some of these were sarcastic, some bitchy, some genuine specualtion.
Noone at that point was aware of Adams' situation and I am sure that 99% of us would have not even bothered with the speculation over some pictures in this context.
Obviously after Adams' announcement the whole thread shifted to sympathy for Adam and agreement that patience is the order of the day.
The person who 'got' to Adam is well known for his childish venom here, Amiga.org and Moobunny and he was swiftly dealt with.
I don't believe Adam meant that he was dropping his projects - this would be insane after all the hard work - I think the spin all around the community that he has 'left the Amiga building' is another campaign of FUD.
Adam was on-line at least a couple of times since the alleged disrespectful (I don't know what was said) comment and he would have seen that 98% of the thread was sympathetic and respectful.

I should think he will take the time out (as he should) and when his personal situation improves he will finish what he has started - IMHO.
I was one of those pushing Adam for updates earlier in the year - I think I was justified when the PegII solution was on the table but Troika and Ack were silent. However I think when Adam returns refreshed I think he should just stick to updates with what he has done - not what he hopes to do by a certain date.

Locking this thread will achieve nothing - people who feign disgust at this thread either haven't read it, have gained an opinion from a thread on another site or have their own agenda..

Kronos 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 10:03:42
#335 ]
Elite Member

@AMiGR

It could also mean that out of 100 combination of Articia + G4 only 10 won't work, or won't work with the G4's full capacity. Thats a rate that bPlan/Genesi would have called unexceptable (specially if those 10 cases might only happen in combination with different parts the costumers would add). Therefore the few that were made were handpicked and tested to work reliable.

Eyetech on the other hand seems to have had no problems with 10% faulty board reaching costumers (something that can be seen be all the A1-problem-threads here and elsewhere at that time.

Rogue 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 10:10:18
#336 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@umisef

Quote:
I am not suggesting Alan "hand-picked" the boards; On the contrary. I am just suggesting that Rogue being able to run that G4 might simply be down to "luck of the draw"

To the best of my knowledge, a G4 can be put on all AmigaOne boards. The G4 is also the most common CPU sold (most people went for it). I had several boards during the development (at least five or so) and I always had G4 CPU's, so I am very certain that the G4 works on all AmigaOne boards.

Finally, the ArticiaS used in the AmigaOne's is different from the one on the Pegasos.

This all leads me to believe that there is no general issue with the G4. Matter of fact is also that during the time of the Pegasos I the highest G4 models where 7447/7457, and I have one of those (and it was already on more than one board).

That means that I can make an educated guess; which is more than can be said about others here, yourself included.

vision 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 10:17:17
#337 ]

I think this thread should be close as a real proof of respect for Adam and his personal circumstances.

Maybe it's just a cosmetic issue, but keeping it alive after some posts that have been "thrown" here, makes me feel like the moderators aren´t taking seriously enough what happened.

Please show some act of respect for Adams. Not just some "sorry" words as a post in a thread that HE WILL NOT READ, FOR SURE.

CD32freak 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 10:20:33
#338 ]

OMG, I can't believe this thread is still alive Why isn't it closed yet?

adiaux 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 10:42:44
#339 ]

@zErec

Quote:

zErec wrote:
@evilrich

You remembered right !!! That´s thrue they are different

I don't remember the exact Articia revision number used for the Pegasos 1 (it was specified on the "old" pegasosppc.com site), but I am absolutely certain that they used a small batch of the *very latest* version available in summer 2003 when they made their Pegasos 1 G4 motherboards. Anyway, the changes between the *few* Articia revisions were not that big (funny thing is that some were even based on b-plan research and development); for instance, none of them rendered the expensive April2 hardware patch obsolete. The *core design*, with all its flaws and problems, remained the same and untouched. I suppose MAI hoped for a second chance with their Articia P (was supposed to be more modern as well), but we all know how that went. Anyway, that's ancient history now ...

@ ACK

Hope your father gets better soon!

Last edited by takemehomegrandma on 15-Jun-2006 at 10:43 AM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 11:28:24
# ]

@vision

Quote:
think this thread should be close as a real proof of respect for Adam and his personal circumstances.

I certainly agree. That should be done to show Adam respect and hopefully when he sees signs that his fathers' health is improving, then hopefully he will complete his projects

Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle